From The Desk of Erethas Greywing

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 05 Nov 2010, 20:33

Of Cults and Elementals
Hard times are upon us once again, dear readers. As if the incessant earthquakes weren't enough, nowadays you can't as much as take a stroll down the Park District without being assailed by elementals of water. What has this world came to, I hear you ask.

But I have no fear. The hardy and tried folk of Stormwind have weathered many a crisis, and even the destruction of our Kingdom by the savage Horde didn't put us down. Instead, we fought back and rebuilt. Believe me when I say that in a few months, we will only remember the water elementals as just another trial we faced and put down.

No, my concerns are not about the elementals. My concerns are with the people of Stormwind. Maybe not you, dear reader, but your brother, your daughter, your betrothed.

Water elementals are not the only thing that emerged recently in the streets of our fair city. With them came prophesies of doom and gloom, poisoning the minds of our compatriots with promises of “rebirth” and “a new world”. Who are these people? What is their motive?

But yet again, these are not the questions that keep me up at nights. It is very well known to me that our enemies are many and their tricks endless. If I had to make a guess, I'd say that this is yet another ploy of the treacherous Horde in order to scare and confuse us before their strike, but making baseless accusations are not befitting a man of my standards, so I'll stop here.

What really bothers me, dear readers, is how easily our people give up their trust to our King and our country, just by hearing the fake promises of the so called “prophets”. Hasn't our king always served and protected Stormwind? Haven't our proud guards stood vigilant to any threat? Haven't our soldiers marched to the ends of the Azeroth to put out those who threatened us? Then why suddenly give up hope at the sight of a few elementals within our walls? Have we grown so accustomed to peace that we cower at the sight of an enemy? Is this really the spirit of a true Stormwindian?

Have faith, dear readers, and most importantly, try to instill faith to those close of you who might have theirs waned. This is our duty as citizens of the most glorious kingdom this world has ever seen.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn