Tales of a Dreamer

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Oct 2012, 14:00

A Dark Past

“I possess a secret that none shall know... Something that shapes me more than either the Dream or the Sundering.”

Around 13,000 years ago, in the secret city of Eldre’thalas, I was born to a priestess named Caldaris Duskstrider. I would never find out who my father was. All I know is that he fled at my birth to keep the relationship with my mother a secret. I asked my mother why, but she would never say.

As I grew older, the question nagged at me until I found my way into the ruins of Eldre'thalas. Despite it's new occupants, little had changed about the place since I was born. I found our old house as it was when we left. Searching what little remained I found, wedged between the floor boards under my mother's old bed, a letter. What was written in that letter I have had to keep a secret ever since. Until now...

My father was a member of what we now call, the Shen'dralar, the guardians of the secrets of Eldre'thalas... A Highborne. He fled because he knew what was happening at the palace, and hoped that by fleeing, my mother and I would be left in peace.

Now, however, I am troubled by another problem. As the Blood Elves gain power, I feel more and more drained. I struggle to maintain the balance a druid should and it's effects on me are becoming more noticable with each passing day. This morning I caught myself licking my own arm. I wonder whether I suffer the same addiction as the Quel'dorei, or if it's just my own age finally getting the better of me. Whichever it is, I must fight on, for the memory of my family and people, if nothing else.

Notes:
Written towards the later part of TBC, though it was only during Wrath that I started involving more of the animal instincts in my RP as Cher.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Return to The Shady Rest Inn