Elassaring Timekeeper

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Elassaring » 25 Jan 2013, 16:26

Crazy is my background!

Alwynn wrote:I only have one question. A Night Elf born in Northrend kinda boggles me. There's no evidence of a Kaldorei community thriving in Northrend post-Sundering. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just trying to understand your background a little bit better.

(PS: I'm a lore fan so I like these things!)

So here is my concept:

Elassaring's family tree has always had a little bit of crazy in it, her Grandmother of the same name was a fearsome warrior who was in the War of the Ancients, which left her a little broken. Elassaring's mother Lirayel inherited that craziness and then some from her Quel'dorei father.

She kept some semblance of sanity up until her Druid lifemate went into the Emerald Dream. Left on her own she became obsessed with protecting the Kaldorei and their greatly diminished population. She was fascinated by the idea of "creating" more Kaldorei in great numbers in the way that the first Kaldorei were transformed from one of the races first created by the Titans.

As little remained of history from before the Kaldorei were Kaldorei, Lirayel became obsessed with learning all she could about the Titans. This led to a foolish and solitary journey to the Northrend continent. When no one heard from her for a couple centuries they gave her up for dead.

Lirayel remained isolated searching the ruins of Ulduar and other locations for Titan secrets. About 170 years ago she began to despair that she would be able to complete her quest even in her lengthy lifetime and so returned to Darnassus to conceive a child that she could raise as an apprentice.

Which gives us Elassaring II, who was raised by her mother in isolation for a time, before a contingent of dwarf archaeologists arrived in Ulduar and began sharing in Lirayel's work, both the archaeology and the raising of her child.

I have lots more detail in my head, but I think that answers your question about why she is from Northrend.

It's outside of established lore - but is off the beaten track enough that it's something no one would have noted, so is plausible I think. If you see any conflicts with established lore, please let me know as I'm all about accurate story telling. Elassaring and Lirayel are based on old toons that I've had to abandon over the years - Eassaring the first was my tank who got hacked and Lirayel is my hunter back on my NA account.

Also, P.S. I'm lvl 32 now! :C
Elassaring

Return to Applications.