Warcraft Books and Novels

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 10 Sep 2013, 01:11

Okay. So my aunt just slapped money into my bank account to buy books for my kindle I thought I'd buy a couple of Warcraft novels to throw into the mix (as I've not read any before and this seems silly given my love of the franchise). But I don't want to rush into purchases as it's birthday money and I don't have any cash of my own to throw around so obviously I want to get some bang for my buck.

I'm currently considering Getting Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (How much of this is treading ground I've already seen in Warcraft 3? The reviews on it a very mixed and all very vague on that particular question. Am I getting anything new?) and Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (I've just heard a lot of good about this one). Anyone read these books willing to give their spoiler free opinion. What sort of tone/action should I expect? How compelling are they? I've heard Christie Golden is a great writer but what do you guys think of her work I'm open to recommendations with similar comments. if they're detailed but I'm not too interested in Thrall-centric stuff otherwise I'd be considering The Shattering (I've heard it contains a bit too much Thrall moping).

I'm less fussed about reading stuff surrounding the major events in the past and until I can afford to waste a bit of money I'm reticent to touch a Knaak book as I've heard his style is irritating.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Return to The Shady Rest Inn