Warcraft Books and Novels

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 10 Sep 2013, 08:08

I hate Knaak. I have all this warcraft novels just for the sake of having them, but never managed to finish a single one. He drags and drags, and reading his books makes me want to kill myself. No.

As for Golden ... I have mixed feelings. I like her stories mind, but I can't help shaking off the feeling that lately she's watering things down to make stuff more "young people" friendly. Azeroth is a cruel, unforgiving world, yet after reading Arthas (which I do love mind - read it 3 times) I feel like I've read some book written for kids and tried to make it seem more adult-player friendly with some fancy words.

I still prefer her miles over Knaak - but perhaps I'm biased and I'd rather read the minutes of the latest Labour party's budget meeting than sitting down for his torture :Q

Arthas I recommend highly if you manage to ignore the silly things - I even have the signed special edition :D

The Shattering and Twilight of the Aspects ... Thrall, Thrall and more fucking Thrall. I wish they'd stop writing about Thrall.

My favourite warcraft book so far remains The Last Guardian. I was reading that while we were raiding Karazhan, so it had that magical feeling for me.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to The Shady Rest Inn