Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 20 Aug 2014, 10:06

Dat wot happended last night.
There's quite a lot of it...

I missed the first ten minutes of the event so I don't know for sure why the group started in Silithus. The starting point was Cenarion Hold, and from there a local directed everyone towards Southwind Village where bad stuff had been seen.

Upon entering the village, trouble promptly showed its ugly head. When I say "trouble" I mean another gigantic ogre, and when I say "ugly head" I mean "ugly ogre head". The ogre and its two companion nagas exited from a huge (10 meters wide) stone portal, grinned evilly, and attempted to make salad out of the adventurers.

So things went as they usually do: Lil shot her rifle, Thelarwen and Juste whacked things with their weapons, Chepi tossed grenades, Aroona went "purr" quite often ... yeah, that was wonky ... but also "rawr" and "slash-bash", Serendipity conjured arcane blasts and got tossed into mud, Adrenus got hit, business as usual.

At first the ogre was quite tough, hitting it felt like smacking a rock, but Juste, Aroona-in-bearform and Thelarwen managed to chip through its armor little by little. That's when the ogre went from "tank" to "caster" and pulled a fel-Superman with eyebeams that sucked the life right out of those they hit. Which meant Lilandris and Adrenus, and Aroona when she tried to protect Lil and jumped in the way.

Thelarwen managed to get a lucky hit in and gouge one of the ogre's eyes out with her polearm. The disembodied eye attempted to suck Thel's (un)life out, but she just turned it around and pointed it at the ogre with the thought of "let's see how you can take your own medicine." The poor ogre went into a feedback loop and dropped from "nigh invincible" to "splat", died and disintegrated right there.

Meanwhile the portal began to close. "Not so fast!" everyone yelled enthusiastically and jumped into it. They ended up in a dark underground cavern, location unknown. A group of naga attacked, but those were just ordinary run-of-the-mill smack-'em-and-they-die type of naga so the adventurers smacked them and they died.

A stranger human woman appeared shortly thereafter. She was badly wounded, gasped out a melodramatic "help me!" and died, because she was being eaten by tiny black critters all over her. The critters decided that they had had quite enough of the human stranger, thank you very much, and that they would like to try out a new diet consisting of Aroona. So they swarmed the poor bear and began to try and eat her, meanwhile multiplying like crazy. The only thing that helped was Lilandris and Chepi casting holy and normal fire spells, respectively, which burned the critters right off of Aroona. And also burned much of Aroona off of Aroona. The badly wounded druid shifted to human form and she and Lil escaped to Darnassus through one of Serendipity's portals. Surprisingly, both survived. Survived the portal, that is.

The rest of the group was about to follow, when they noticed a big huge green dragon fighting a bunch of ogres (yay! more ogres!). Thelarwen decided to give the dragon a hand -- of course -- and jumped into the fray. But her efforts were in vain because the dragon was boom!headshotted with a giant arrow. In her death throes the dragon incinerated the remaining ogres and then went pining for the fjords herself. The dragon experts in the group determined that she had most likely been a normal-sized dragon who had been magically enlarged to her current gigantic size.

Moving a little bit further they found a couple of dozen dragon eggs, which were also much larger than normal, and also covered in runes. Thelarwen, the rune expert, determined that these were control and compulsion runes, similar to what the Lich King had been using, intertwined with curses which were unfamiliar to her.

A half-mechanical gnome showed up right then. She had been seen a few times previously, at the portal in Silithus with the ogre for example. The gnome started yelling "intruder!" and teleporting the dragon eggs away, which was not something the adventurers wanted to allow. So Thelarwen used Death Grip to try and pull the gnome to her so they could restrain her. Except for some reason only the "gnome" half of the gnome was pulled over, whereas the "mechanical" half stayed put. So it ended very messily, with half a gnome going *splat* next to the group. As she searched the half-gnome's remains, Thelarwen found a few of the previously-seen strange coins as well as a scroll, whose contents are currently unknown because Tormeron still needs to write it. I hope it's not just a grocery list: "Bread. Wine. Milk. Essence of Undeath. Rune Drawing Pencil. Compulsion Rune Pattern."

Anyway, because the runes on the eggs could not be touched (as they were trapped with curses), and there was no time to move the eggs (more angry local ogres (yay! more ogres!) could be heard approaching), it was decided to destroy them. So with some rains of fire and some weapon slashing, it was done. The unbound curses started flying right and left, and one even managed to hit Juste. As the group retreated through another one of Serendipity's portals, they barely escaped being piled on by yet more ogres. The portal went "bloop", closed, and one poor ogre lost an arm which ended up in Darnassus with the ogre remaining behind.

In Darnassus the adventurers reconvened with Lilandris and Aroona, who was feeling much better fortunately. However there was something wrong with Juste, he started acting very similar to what Tessliana had been like when affected by the cursed ring some weeks/months ago in Wetlands. So Juste was restrained, stripped, and it was entirely un-kinky. A big rune of control had embedded itself on Juste's back, and it took some effort to remove it from the man, who did not particularly want to cooperate and even went as far as to run away and try and drown himself. Everything ended well in the end, Juste was knocked out, the rune was burnt off with holy magic, and the paladin regained control over himself.

At which point the event ended. To Be Continued...

Thelarwen flew to Hearthglen in the Western Plaguelands. Her opponents had been using runic magic, very similar to the Scourge and the Cult of the Damned, and this needed to be reported to her superiors.

"You again. All banged up again." sighed the Argent Blacksmith Morris Vant, as he examined Thelarwen's armor. "No, don't worry, I'll have this fixed up in no time," and he went to work repairing and, in some parts, rebuilding the armor.

Meanwhile she entered the fort and was debriefed by Highlord Tirion Fordring. "I have not received any similar reports concerning runic magic being used by naga, ogres nor ancient elven races," the Highlord told her, "so at this point I cannot dedicate more resources to this matter. I want you to continue your current line of investigation, Crusader Lockworth, and find out who or what is behind it. Rest assured, if this new force does threaten Azeroth, the full force of the Argent Crusade will stand beside you."

My thoughts: Tormeron, how about a non-ogre enemy next time?... Please?... Or I could just try and find an Ogre Splitting Axe of some type to bring along to the next event. And then split any supercalifragilisticexpialidocious magical über-ogres that come our way.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Return to The Shady Rest Inn