Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Claresta » 24 Sep 2014, 18:26

Chepi is scribbling notes again!
Badly.

It often amazes me how we end up in these strange circumstances. Tonight we went in search of two children lost in Westfall. We started the evening with me questioning a local guard stationed on the bridge between Westfall and Elwynn Forest. Despite my best efforts the guard was pretty useless and simply pointed the way to the home of the missing children. Lilandris meanwhile was by the river when by a stroke of luck happened to find some clothes near a pier that would have fit two children. Whilst we investigated the clothes a rather peculiar fellow walked up to us and started making all kinds of odd demands. Apparently he owns the pier and started to demand we return his items. We had only just arrived in Westfall and already someone was trying to swindle us, how typical. He left us eventually which was lucky since our patience with him was growing thin.

From the bridge we headed to the nearby home of the missing children. In typical hysterical adults style they informed us more of the missing children. Our destination will be Moonbrook which was mentioned on the ransom note. The note requested a sum of gold to be delivered to the local well.

Have I ever told anyone the wonders of Moonbrook? No. Because it's a dump. First and foremost the locals were completely unfriendly and would not let us in. After much discussion we finally managed to persuade them we meant no ill intentions. I mentioned the idea of buying property here, and the more I think about it the more clever I think I am. Imagine that, a second Gnomeregan. The place has mines as well for underground inhabitation. I'll send that idea to our top Gnomes but no doubt they shall ignore me. We arrived at the centre of the town and saw the people in a line to claim food.

We found the water well we were looking for. Usually the humans use these to gather water from underground. It uses a bucket on a rope. That sure is quaint and bizarrely used no technology whatsoever as you need to do it all manually. This bucket had a severed hand in it. The hand would go on to attack Lilandris but never mind that. When we used the bucket a second time we got a beating heart come up. I can only imagine the sheer joy a Necromancer would have with such a device. I wonder if Northrend may have in fact been filled with organ receiving wells and that nobody simply noticed. The heart exploded in Thelarwens hand and the locals who had been watching finally had enough of us and started to move closer.

The heart wasn't the only thing to explode though as a moment later the bucket from the well came up again but this time with a stick of Dynamite. My excellent sense of hearing saved us from the explosion as everyone took cover. A big hole in the ground now existed. A big hole an armoured man crawled out of. This was of course rather shocking to us as well as the locals, and inevitably a fight broke out between them and our new acquaintance. The locals stood little chance but the leader just about managed to survive thanks to Lilandris. I anticipated this armoured fellow to turn on us but instead said nothing and walked into the Inn building or at least was once an Inn.

The armoured man was very unusual and said very little. At first I thought he was simply dumb but it may have been that he had been down that well for a very long time or he was simply a lunatic. He entered one of the main bedrooms and asked where his wife and children were. We had no idea and after a few more questions we realised how hopeless he seemed to be. The man was eager to return to his King of Lordaeron. Our attempts to bring some sense to him got nowhere but once we mentioned the missing children he seemed adamant that he would join us. They were in the cellar. How or why he knew this we were unsure but he cut them loose from there bindings and was about to take them home. The kids were not too pleased with this as he was not there dad. Therefore we set about stopping him.

I don't know how I was lumbered with the kids protection. I hate kids. Thelarwen and Lil got into the usual fight and myself and Aroona walked the kids out. Dippy would join us as well outside but Thelarwen for whatever reason needed Dippys help inside. Thelarwen yelled for Dippys help but Dippy was lost in thoughts of wine at the time. I swear I could hear a clonk noise from Dippys head when she finally realised Thelarwen was calling for help. She ran in and moments later they both came out again. The armoured fellow was apparently no more.

Aroona carried the kids on her back in Stag form and we returned them to there parents. We overheard them describe the people who had abducted them. Apparently a group of people in black robes with glowing blue eyes. We still had to find out who they were and really only had the odd man at the pier as a suspect. Perhaps the locals in Moonbrook would be more helpful now though should we return and ask questions later.

I'm now writing up plans for the Adrenus and Co detective group for the search of missing children and I think it could be a profitable venture moving forward. I imagine I will be able to locate a Goblin to work on the accounts since they always seem interested in me.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Return to The Shady Rest Inn