Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Aroona » 07 Feb 2015, 01:10

Aroona.

For a trip to north I figured the best way to brave the cold would be as a snow leopard, besides I hadn't got too many chances to use him before now, as I'd gotten used to unleashing the bear on everything. My choice in guise seemed to have mixed responses, I know Thel didn't really like the form but it was the best choice for the climate.

The Boat Ride

The ride there was mostly uneventful, and who knew Clara snored? You'd think a sneaky rogue would be deathly quiet, guess not. At least I didn't get sick like my first boat ride, that would have been embarrassing.

The Landing.

Once we got to Valiance keep it seemed our holiday would be interrupted. After we summoned Sils a soldier ran up to us to deliver a letter to Thelarwen. Since no one (other than Serendipity and Chepi perhaps) wanted to separate the group we tagged along, with the compromise of we'd enjoy the trip in between investigating villages.

The First Village.

On our way we encountered a few skeletons on the road, who were dealt with swiftly. This didn't bode well, as the letter stated the first village we came to was overrun with ghouls, their stench filled the air, making my nose itch.

While Thel did her thing the rest of us were figuring out what to do with a strange staff we found. I'm no mage or warlock but it was fairly obvious it held dark magic, but I couldn't pick up the subtitles in it so I relied on the other's judgement of it. Necromancers, again. Seems we'd never be rid of them.

When Thel came back the group split up to look for survivors, we found no one in the burning houses, weather that was good or bad I couldn't tell, but the lack of remains was somewhat encouraging, they may have escaped at least.

We re-grouped in front of the mine, where some of the group could sense more magic inside. The stench of rotting flesh was filling the air but we didn't turn back, of course we didn't when do we ever? Well save that one time with the nagas but that was a different story.

We found a gnome asleep in a cart, strangely the other cart was full of bodies, it was quite disgusting. The gnome at first accused us of killing the people but seemed far too calm for my liking. After the gnome answered a few questions she ran back to the keep to tell the soldiers the news while we looked deeper into the mine.

There were more staves inside all radiating the same kind of magic, they were disposed of quickly while we discussed how to find the necromancers responsible for all this.

Unfortunately the mines began to tremble around us, we got everyone out and I did my best to close off the mine by pulling up roots and vines, layering them over the entrance as thick as possible to keep people out and anything else inside. I was really not liking the feeling in the air at this point.

The Shelter.

After leaving the village we thought it best to investigate further but as the hour drew late some were more interested in making camp. As we crested the hill above the village we found a strange skull on the ground. Me being the curious idiot that I am I pick it up, slightly amused by putting my hand inside with the intention of making a morbid puppet, however the role was reversed as it forced em to draw my scythe against the group. I was unaware of it until I saw the blade then was promptly tackled to the ground by Thel. I held back as much as I was able till she got the skull off of me. Embarrassed I backed off a bit and let her deal with it.

Seems the skull gave up some information so we followed Thel's lead, we spoke to a tusker who pointed us in another direction. By this point we were too tired to go much further so we went to find a place to sleep in the Tusker's village. Thel and Sils had slipped away, I don't blame them, had Lil been close by I'm sure I would have done the same.

We found a bunker type shelter and quickly settled down. I chose to meditate rather than sleep, it was easier to sense if anything was heading our way with ill intentions and I would find rest easy when blocking out distracting noises from the others. I guess the druids got something into my head with the benefits of meditating.
Last edited by Aroona on 07 Feb 2015, 01:10, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: It's spelled "rogue". Lost the butt hat
Aroona wrote:All music needs more cannons
Lilandris likes this post.
Aroona
Rhymer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn