Suggestion box

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 23 Feb 2015, 19:23

I have realized that I had been working under a big misunderstanding before starting this Northrend chain.

When I first heard/read about these new events during the guild meeting, I was excited: a peaceful expedition to visit various places in Northrend, do some sightseeing, maybe a few quick random one-off battles to keep things exciting. It was my assumption that the expeditions would not be tied to any big "chain" other than the overarching topic of "we are sightseeing in various zones". Hence the entire discussion about whether we would do the separate stages of the expeditions in real-time, flying to a new zone every Tuesday. I assumed we would be checking out one area, then wander back home for a week, then go back and visit a different area next week and have entirely unrelated adventures.

Then we reached Northrend and all of a sudden there was this thing about necromancers and skulls and staves. Okay, I thought, that's a bit of a starting battle for this zone. Fine, let's work with this. Kill zombies, break necromantic staves, track the black magicians, done. It was somewhat surprising when we failed to find the necromancers (I was assuming they'd be at the coast where the skull was leading us) and didn't wrap the situation up within that week. It was even more surprising when we made very little progress and failed to finish the necromancer plot on the second week as well. And now it seems that with this rate, it'll take at least 1-2 more events.

So I was wondering and pondering, what happened to the plans of a nice and simple, very lightly connected chain of expeditions? And where did that big necromancer plot come from?

Then finally I realized. It wasn't you (the DM) who spoke of the plan to have a peaceful sightseeing tour. It had been Arthuron the character. And the moment we set foot in Northrend, everything had simply gone the way of "Adrenus' Picnic" and poor Arthuron's plans had gone down the drain.

Now that I've figured that out, I can understand your surprise about us wanting to go back and forth. Were you always planning to have a long chain that lasts for several in-game days?
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Return to Events.