Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 06 Mar 2015, 10:17

Thelarwen

Is a death knight capable of feeling love? Was the emotion love to begin with? Whatever it was, however, was so indistinguishable from love that it did not really matter. A wish to be in someone's presence. To protect her. To be close to her. To touch her, feel her... warmth. It mattered little that she was a human female. Under similar circumstances she would have felt the same towards anyone. A gnome. A tauren. A huge green male orc. There was none of that pesky human biochemistry getting in the way and switching the attraction on for one species and/or gender combination, or off for another.

The battle had been a long time coming, but ended up somewhat anticlimactic. The undead tuskarr from the previous evening had been worse. She had fled from those! But only to ensure the safety those she was protecting. To ensure that she would be safe.

There she was again, on her mind.

Amusingly all those preparations had been unnecessary: the heavy mail armour, the holy water, the quick and brief instructions on how to wield that sword she had acquired from sources unknown. She had kept well to the back of the group and thus had been in no particular danger that evening. After that, she had looked quite relieved to be rid of the mail and back in her customary light kilt and tabard.

Now that this expedition was over, she wanted to just take her somewhere completely free of danger, beautiful, and possibly containing fish. They had not gone fishing together for a while.

But for now, it was debriefing time in the castle of Hearthglen.

"So," Highlord Tirion Fordring asked Thelarwen. "Tell me about the attacks on the villages."

She did. Human zombies, staves, Joe, tuskarr zombies and finally the undead dwarf necromancer. Blood elves, gnome gambler after Clara's soul, angry ice giants. All of it. It took a while.

"And you let him go?" Fordring lifted an eyebrow and looked at Thelarwen with surprise.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"We had no reason to kill him. He broke free from his master's control and assisted us in destroying the master. After that, he did not show any hostile intentions towards us nor detectable potential hostility towards anyone else."

"According to your report he killed many humans and tuskarr. Raised them as undead."

"Under the unbreakable command of his master. I did worse in my time. You are well aware of that. And yet here I am now."

The Highlord sighed. "You're right, of course. It would have been far less complicated if you'd just eliminated Joe and his ghouls, but we can't judge a creature solely because he's undead." He looked sharply at the death knight. "You let him go. Tell me, Crusader, will you now claim full responsibility for 'Joe's' future actions?"

Thelarwen shook her head. "I cannot. I am not his master, nor can I keep watch over him full-time. But should he stray from his path, become hostile and dangerous, I will find out, hunt him down, and destroy him."

"Fair enough," Fordring nodded. "Anything else you wish to add to your report?"

The death knight looked contemplative. "In retrospective we should have questioned Joe about if he knew who raised his master to undeath. Perhaps he does not know. Perhaps it was a faction that is already known to us: the Scourge, Cult of the Damned, Twilight's Hammer or the like. But if it should be a previously-unknown group that has thus far slipped our notice, that would be... unfortunate. If I should ever meet him again, I will make sure to inquire."

Fordring nodded. "Agreed. Very good. We can consider this matter closed for now. Carry on, Crusader." He observed Thelarwen's reaction. "Unless there was something else on your mind?"

"Yes, sir. I wish to inquire about the possibility to hire some of the Argent Crusade working crew stationed at the staging areas and fortifications at the borders of Icecrown, Storm Peaks and Crystalsong."

"I don't see why not," the man shrugged. "They're mostly idle these days. What do you have in mind?"

Thelarwen spoke slowly, carefully and hesitantly. "At a time possibly in the near future I... may wish to have a house built in the safer, forest tundra area of Crystalsong Forest. I am still considering the project, materials and locations, but arranging for a worker crew is one item on the agenda."

"A house." Fordring looked at Thelarwen as if the death knight had sprouted butterfly wings and started to flutter around the Highlord. "Settling down and starting a family? You? Uh... no offense."

The death knight shook her head slightly. "None taken. And I am not one to... settle down. Not permanently. But yes, I may wish to build somewhere I could... rest. Dalaran is a short flight away, but the area below is sparsely populated. There is game in the woods, fish in the river. Icecrown is nearby to satisfy my... needs."

"Just for yourself? Or is there anything you're not telling me, hm?"

Thelarwen did not comment.

"Very well. I will send word. You'll get your builders when you need them, assuming there are no pressing high-priority matters on their plate at that moment."

The death knight nodded her thanks, dismissed herself, and departed from Hearthglen.

She should have a talk with her. While fishing at that lovely, beautiful, secluded waterfall in Nagrand, perhaps.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Return to The Shady Rest Inn