Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Claresta » 02 Sep 2015, 13:01

Event on the 01/09/2015, Refuge Point Arathi Highlands.

Chepi scribbling notes.

I should be a reporter. Lucilia wouldn’t even compare to my investigative skills if I actually put my mind to it. Plus I don't make stuff up, at least not all of the time.

The Arathi highlands are not exactly what I would consider being on top of my list of vacation hotspots. Good thing then that fate was going to keep things interested. As me, Clara and Adrenus were idly chattering about the potential of visiting Stromgarde when all of a sudden a Worgen came crashing down in front of us as he leapt from a high ledge above. It was good that he didn't land on Clara as then he would have just impaled himself on her pointy outfit. Bloody and battered in appearance this Worgen had come seeking help with an unlikely plan to clean out Gilneas of any Forsaken influence. The Worgen explained with some detail that a regiment of Worgen were marching into Gilneas and that he had prepared some Gryphons in order to help us reach the front lines. For some reason Adrenus appeared rather apprehensive about all this but me and Clara soon convinced him to join in.

The Gryphons took us across Arathi and over the foothills of Hillsbrad. I took a moment to wave at the ooze like creatures that still stirred from time to time in Southshore, one of which seemed to self com-bust which I took as an acknowledgement.

The Gryphons landed in eastern Silverpine and would go no further; we would have to travel to the wall by foot. Along the way something quite remarkable happened. On seeing a forsaken unguarded plague spreader, Adrenus went into a rage and sabotaged it. This was unexpected and rather fun turn of events but the explosion did require us to quickly make haste away from the area. We were pursued but managed to hide out briefly in the remnants of Pyrewood village. A single Forsaken guard did for a short time attempt to capture us but he was of little fret to us and we dealt with him. Oddly enough Adrenus decided to finish him off and after removing the Forsakens head, actually threw it at Clara. I wonder if perhaps the general plight that seems to always follow him and his adventures are starting to affect his mind. Whatever the case, this put me in better mood.

We arrived at the Gilneas wall. A Worgen battalion was indeed making ready for an assault on Forsaken positions inside Gilneas. Adrenus was confused as to not recognising any of the Worgen in the group. In my best Gnomish reporter impression I tried to get a few answers form the leader (who wore an eye patch) but no sooner had I begun asking questions when they stormed through the gate, unfortunately pushing us with them. Managing to not get trampled to death I weaved my way to the outside along with Clara and Adrenus. Once the Worgen had all passed, we then heard the ominous sound of another group heading towards us. Through my new brilliantly crafter extra-long sight goggles I could see a Forsaken regiment. Clearly things were not going to be going well for the brave reclaimers of Gilneas or us three brave adventurers who didn't want to become sandwiched between them.

We had little choice ourselves but to flee into the wilds. Large explosions could be heard from the city as we sought shelter in a fortified... tent. In an effort to keep Adrenus's morale up, I pointed out that there was only one way into the tent providing our opponents ignored the fact that the sides were just simple leather and cloth. This seemed to have little effect. When Clara said she was going to scout for a while and I asked if she could potentially bring back some alcoholic drink as I was parched, this also didn't seem to improve his morale and he in fact became a little exasperated.

From here even I had to admit that the cause wasn't quite going to plan. A short while later a surviving Worgen (with the eye patch) came running to our position. He told us what we already expected to hear. It had been a trap. The Worgen then decided to blame me, thinking that I in some way had leaked the information on the attack. I came this close to just incinerating the idiot on the spot. He then brazenly declared that we should follow him and escape but since we were doing fine ourselves, we decided to take our own chances and so he fled.

From a secluded position far from the main enemy lines we made our way out of Gilneas and away from danger. This put me in a poorer mood.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Return to The Shady Rest Inn