Tormeron's events: the Stories

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Claresta » 28 Oct 2015, 17:47

Event on the 27/10/2015. One of Stranglethorns many beaches.
Chepi angrily scribbling notes.

I supposed I knew we were doomed to failure with this plan. I only had to look at my companions to understand that the chances of succeeding to join the pirate crew were unlikely at best. Clara had at least tried to look the part but the less said about the others the better. We should have just gone and joined the Darkmoon Fair; at least we would have fit right in.

The evening started rather well to be fair. We marched towards the recruiting troll pirate with a swagger in our footsteps and grins on our faces. Naturally he was a little confused by our Dwarf companion clad head to foot in plate armour and Arthuron who clearly hadn’t listened to a word I said during our time together trying to make him understand how to act. Our paladin friend thankfully told the Troll recruiter that Arthuron was a mute. I was tempted to also add that he was also simple minded but figured that would reduce our chances of recruitment.

After a short while I think the troll simply got fed up with us and pointed to some rowing boats nearby, we could use them to reach the island where the captain could be found.

Upon arrival at the island we were met by a couple of pirates complete with cannon pointed right at us, any kind of mischief would not be tolerated but they did indeed let us pass. At this point we met up with what we hoped would be our Captain for the foreseeable future, or at least until we were ready to betray them.

The Captain was a Gnome who in the brief time on the island likely killed more of her crew than we did. I think it’s fair to say she was pretty psychotic in her behaviour. At first meeting her she set about giving us tasks to complete such as opening up a treasure chest and fetching her rum. Despite the simple tasks I was getting quite anxious that our ploy was failing. It’s nice during one of these tasks that our Paladin friend announces to all around that he won’t kill unless necessary, I guess he’s been reading the same children’s book about pirates that Arthuron had. The fact that some insults were thrown towards the Captain also made the situation deteriorate.

The last we saw of her she disappeared off towards a nearby island and set her pirate crew against us, Arthuron commented to me that this could have been another test but by this point our Dwarf friend was brandishing his axe and I had also had enough. The island was engulfed in flame as we made our way back to Stanglethorns shore.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by skeleton Joe who had watched the whole thing. As we explained our situation he gave us a chance to complete our original mission. Apparently he could get us a ship and crew of our own but it would come at a cost. I was hoping it would be a ghost ship complete with a skeleton crew but Joe ruined this fantasy. What Joe wanted from us was to somehow acquire a magic item that would create an illusion of him still being a living human; this would be no small task indeed. I’ve known of various questionable spells that could potentially change your look for a time but nothing permanent. Naturally the group decided they would go in search of the one mage they knew best who could help with the pendant… Dippy.

As for myself, I think I’ll just go to the pub and stay there
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Return to The Shady Rest Inn