Windows 10 First impressions

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 22 Dec 2015, 17:42

Not need to know what?

My browsing habits Google already knows?
My video habits YouTube (therefore Google again) already knows?
What games I play and how much time I spend on them? - the one that Steam already knows?

Don't get me wrong. I didn't install Windows 10 with spamming next. I turned off all data collection options, and went through them again after it was done installing, and made sure it doesn't share anything. I'm not gonna leave the door open and scream COME IN!

But I'm definitely not into the paranoia and getting all their panties in a bunch that some people got in with Windows 10.

It's a solid and stable OS, it serves me well, runs all my games, and hell I got it for free. I'm sure as hell not complaining.

And please don't mention Linux to me as an everyday OS.

Call me the day when Linux becomes an OS that runs out of the box, with ALL my hardware, without having to spend a week editing scripts, going though thousands of pages on forums just to get a silly thing working, and all the rest.

I spend all my day fixing people's IT crap. When I get home I want a computer that "just works", and Microsoft has given me that for the past 20 years very nicely, so kudos to them.

If I get to share some browsing habit data along the way, then so be it - it's a small price to pay when you have nothing to hide.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to Guides.