Tormeron's events

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 13 Jan 2016, 10:49

Here's my burnt beef with yesterday's event: we did not accomplish anything. At all. We didn't catch the cultists. We didn't get any new information about them. We don't know what they want. We don't know where they went. We don't really know why we should care.

We were, in fact, doomed to fail right from the start, unless we had picked up on the subtle hint that the agent was not what she seemed. Of course we didn't.

We don't even have any real motive for chasing them, except "Joe asked us". At this point, Joe has pretty much become a smug annoying questgiver who shows up every now and then and gives a hint of "vagueness is coming". Having the cultists get away from us doesn't make me want to chase them even further - it makes me want to say "oh well," forget about them and move on.

And I can't figure out the illogicality of the opponents' actions. From the cultists' point of view, what was the point of having us chase them only to fail?

The false agent sent us in the correct direction to follow the caravan. Did they want us to catch up with them? If so, why didn't they just wait for us somewhere? Or did they not want us to catch them? If so, the false agent could just have given us completely wrong directions to begin with. Was the cultists' real goal to make us run just around the Barrens and waste a few hours for no reason? If so, well, they succeeded overwhelmingly.

"Let's give them the illusion that they might catch up with us, but then make them fail. They'll be frustrated and stressed and then they will get heartburn during the night when they're trying to sleep. That's so eeeeevil of us! Bu-wa-ha-ha-haaaa!"
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Return to Events.