Google DNS Servers

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 06 Jul 2016, 23:45

What windows do you have? It's weird for me the connections are called local area connection and wireless
I can add ethernet to the list, but doubtful it's useful, the reason for Google is that their DNS servers are very stable and hostname translations is fast and good.
I tried others but they were crappier.

Plus, the DNS servers just get requests for websites translations, if you use a VPN they just get your IP, not your name... and you can't avoid using a DNS anyways.

I am not a privacy freak, I just do what I can to keep my information secure..

When I post these privacy things it's to help people that wish to feel more secure and privacy, not everything I post i necessarily do. Some things I do, some I don't.

For example, I do use windows 10 even though it's a privacy concern, but I store sensitive information encrypted on external drives. which are connected only from time to time.

If you all wish I won't post it anymore, i won't... Just thought it's interesting to some
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Guides.