Application Form: Gastrodalf

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 08 Jul 2017, 21:12

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:Im 63 years old, and have lived my entire life in Darnassus until now.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:this old man might need some help

I have a bit of a niggle regarding night elf life span and the age of Darnassus.

The Teldrassil tree was planted, and the city of Darnassus established, after the Third War had finished and before the events of World of Warcraft had started. That makes the city's age to be around 15 to 20 years.

Night elves live a long time, up to the age of thousands of years. I dislike the concept of "long-lived races remain children until they are hundreds of years old", because having to change a baby's diapers for fifty years is just... euuuuugh. I'd rather say "they grow up into young-adulthood within a few decades just as shorter-lived races, but despite their adult appearance, the older members of their races consider them 'newbies' until they have at least a few hundred years' worth of experience." One way or the other, a sixty-year old elf is a young whipper-snapper.

So mmmmaybe Gastrodalf accidentally missed a zero or two in his age? Or he's just really bad with numbers and dates and places (Darnassus? I meant Thalassia. Wait, that's not a place. Astranaar? Someplace like that.) ;)

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:and also doesnt like gnomes, i mean, who does?

*Icy gnomish glare* Friendly warning: tread carefully.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:a rp guild who said they were active, but werent

A sad note and a word of warning: Rhyme and Punishment guild has been rather quiet and inactive recently. We are not a heavy raiding, dungeoneering or PvP guild with strong guild-wide goals and attendance requirements for members. Thus, many people (myself included) have finished their goals for the expansion and taken a shorter or longer break from playing. A new major patch (such as Argus coming up some time in the future) will no doubt bring back some people, as will of course a new expansion (but we have no idea how many years we'll have to wait for that). But for now you might see only a few people online at any time.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:are the planned RP events, on the calender for instance?

We used to have regular RP events for a long time, usually led by the enthusiastic GM of a friendly guild. Sadly, I must admit that with the decline in attendance and the increasing RL responsibilities of the event leader, the RP events are nowadays few and far between.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Shevron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Return to Applications.