My morning project!

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 09 Sep 2017, 16:45

My morning project!

So I always struggled with a certain problem while playing Elite Dangerous after purchasing a HOTAS Flight Stick. You need to have the stick and throttle on both ends, with mouse and keyboard in the middle - and with my stick that's always been a problem due to cable length:

So this morning I woke up and was hellbent on solving it, so I decided to peel away the wire, and see what I am dealing with here.

So 16 wires to cut and make some kind of extension. I don't like messy jobs, so it had to be something that was a) neat b) stable and secure and c) able to remove.

At first I thought I'd use a 25-pin serial connector, but it's too bulky, and finding a cable would be a pain. Then I thought .. 16 pins is exact number of an oldschool VGA cable!

So I pulled out my trusty soldering iron, hopped in the car and payed a visit to the electronic hobbyist shop for 2 female VGA connectors, and €6 later I was ready to go!

"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
2 people like this post.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to General Discussion.