Theramore Girl

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Vennie » 06 Aug 2008, 10:46

The winds came as the emotions did - swiftly, harshly and suprisingly. Veneta scrambled to her feet and looked up at the swirling skies, her brown locks flowing wildly through the enraged air.

The other children had walked outside to acknowledge the commotion with fear and confusion. Noticing Veneta on the steps, they chased her to her boat on the harbour. A fine boat, carefully crafted with a red umbrella lying inside. The girl jumped into the mode of transport and Ryan followed suit. The wind suddenly picked up pace and knocked the boat off of the harbour. Like desperate rats, the boy and girl struggled to grab the paddles, with no success. The remaining children left on the bay looked shocked and were shouting things in a feeble attempt to 'help' -

"Jump off and swim!"
Both replied with the helpless response
"I can't swim!"

By this time the boat was drifting further away. Alan was running down the side of the port, trying to grab his brother's hand, who was reaching out to him. However, with both having short arms (seemingly a hereditary trait) the boat rocked out of reach and out of safety. Veneta hid under her umbrella from the rain, whilst Ryan glared at her - if looks could kill, the Theramore girl would've certainly dropped dead at that very moment.

"You and your stupid boat!" Grunted Ryan as he desperately searched his surroundings. The land was just a dot now, and the boat seemed to be floating into the unknown.

"It's not my fault! I...If you hadn't jumped in the b-boat we wouldn't be here!"
Veneta stuttered, terrified of standing up to the 'parental' figure but having no choice in the circumstances.
Ryan looked as if he was about to explode, his complexion red and his face crumpled with gritted teeth.
Both children were so busy squabbling that they did not realise the large rock that they were about to plummet into, until it was too late.

"The rock!"
The children desperately paddled away with their hands, the boat smashing into tiny pieces as the children were knocked out cold.
Vennie

Return to The Shady Rest Inn