Theramore Girl

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Vennie » 06 Aug 2008, 11:23

"Well wha' be we havin' 'ere gentl'man!" The man cackled from his depths, digging up one of his nostrils and then running his fingers through his hair.

"Let us go!" Ryan struggled in vain but the man gave him a clear slap to the face with a laugh following whilst Ryan sat in complete shock.

"Arrrrhah! Ye be a feisty one!" The man grinned widely before walking out of the room and locking the door.

Veneta paused and turned to face Ryan with a light sigh -
"Well...I told you so"

Ryan grunted and looked around for means of exit. Barrels of rum of some sort surrounded them, along with a black powder. Both children looked at eachother and swallowed hard. With this recognition of the events to come, both children wriggled furiously. Vennie had always been rather skinny and managed to slip out of the rope, untying Ryan before the two fleed from the fortress.

"Wait" Ryan said
"Wait?! What do you want to be Pirate meat!" Vennie squeaked, exasperated.
Ryan pushed the girl aside and ran straight into the fortress.

"Ryan no!" Veneta went to run to her companion, but a fiery explosion of powder and wood stopped them, Veneta screamed as she fell into the sand.

"Ryan! Ryan!"
Tears flooded down the youngster's cheek as she searched with desperation for the young boy. The dust cleared and the girl ran as fast as her feet would take her into the ruins, continually screaming her friend's name before finding him in a heap of rubble. He coughed consecutively and hoarsely, reaching out for Veneta's hand.

"V..Vennie.."
"It's going to be okay Ryan I promise" the girl gripped the boy's hand, a strong sense of possibly love consuming her for probably the first time in her life.
Ryan smiled.
"Tell my brother I l..love him" Ryan held onto Veneta as hard as he could whilst she struggled to pull him onto her lap and from under the wood.
"You can tell him yourself you're going to be fine!" the girl's eyes welled up with genuine tears as she clutched to his hand and looked down on him.
"Why have you stopped holding my hand, Ven?"
Veneta looked down. Their hands were entwined.
"Silly I'm still holding them lo-"
Veneta's eyes trailed back to Ryan's face, which had flopped onto her lap and his grip on her hand loosened.
"R.." She turned his head, glancing over his still, bloody face.
"Ryan wake up...Ryan...Ryan wake up its not funny anymore!" Veneta shook him savagely, gradually bursting into tears before flopping her head onto his chest and wailing at the top of her voice.
She mumbled "I'm sorry Ryan.."

With that she heard rowdy shouts from the distance and noticed a ship had pulled up, a ship just like the one she had shared with her father - the one she and Ryan had destroyed. She hovered from the floor and tried to drag Ryan's lifeless corpse with her. Determined, she tried her very hardest, her face red and bursting. The pirates stormed the place, and she ran behind some nearby rubble, making her way to the boat with tears streaming down her face as she drifted into the sunset, her eyes fixated on Ryan as the pirates surrounded him.

Her eyes turned to the horizon as the sun had disappeared and the rain began to fall harshly. It drenched her, just as Ryan's death had drowned her spirit. She curled up into a ball within the boat and wished she had taken Ryan's place. As she sailed across this cruel world, she realised that her Theramore days were over - life was not as idyllic as it seemed. Her mother never did go on a mission as her father said - she was killed. This horrible realisation only made the girl stronger. Determined to make a difference, she grabbed the paddles with her sights set on the great Cathedral she had heard of - wherever it was, she'd find it.
Vennie

Return to The Shady Rest Inn