A Worn yet Sealed Letter Arrives

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Strakoth » 21 Nov 2009, 18:48

A Worn yet Sealed Letter Arrives

To Whom it may concern, my name is Strakoth Unansis. Recently liberated from my soulless puppet masters clutches... And before your mind forms the question, the answer is yes. I once called the Lich King my master, but no longer. I have sought your out not by mere chance. During my long cold exile from the depths of my humanity, arriving back to the realm of men I have come to realise that I require others and a community to tackle the new frontiers. I have also grown tired of wandering and fighting alone.

I suppose the only way to show my sincerity is to tell you a little bit about myself and how I fell from grace to become what I am now.

It is difficult to talk about ones failings, but fail I did. I failed as a man. In my previous life I was a washed up wretched excuse for a solider, drunken brawls would lead me to the cells or to the frequent use of the lash as a course in my commanders pursuit of my correction. Therefore, the surprise and shock was well justified by my commanding officer when I was ready, sober and willing to stand in both defiance and in defence of Lorderon. Myself and my comrades shouted in our boldness, we vowed that none of the dead would set foot in our city while at least one of us lived. Needless to say we failed, the scourge swept us aside like leaves in the wind. Lying there broken, and as we all begged for death's cold embrace, we were denied. Forced to march and fight in the name of a new King and for the scourge.

After the battle, the smouldering ruins became almost our new home. Yet our ordeal was not over. For some man's cruel amusement, me and my comrades were pitted against each other. One sword was thrown into the crowd by a means of sport. I don't know if it was luck or sheer strength of will, but I reached the blade first. I wretched it from the ground, and either through fear or want to survive at any cost....... I cut down my remaining friends.

I was now well and truly a servant to the King. Rising through the ranks is easy when you no longer have to look at yourself in the mirror. Or when no one else cares what you have become....

But, now I am free. Once again able to decide what path I take and able to shape my own future. I seek a group that can look past what I was forced to become, and see what I am now, and what I can be.

I await your response.

Signed: Strakoth Unansis

[OOC]

Name - Stuart
Location - UK
Age - 28
Strakoth

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 23 Nov 2009, 17:16

Good application! I'm on holiday at the mo' so I'll hand you over to the officers... Good luck!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Nov 2009, 21:45

Bwahahahaha!!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Strakoth » 27 Nov 2009, 01:08

*The letter sits discarded on a desk still awaiting attension. The wind blows and the candles flicker slightly and then once again steady themselves. Their light eminating a warm soothing glow.

The letter opened, the intracate writing etched upon the parchment begins to pulse faintly, as if beckoning for attension. The writing shines once and then the words begin to scroll backwards erasing themselves from the page, like grains of sand blowing gently in the breeze. Mere moment have passed and the page is blank.

The letter now sits dull and forgotten, the words that were once so clear, their message so easily read have vanished as if erased by time itself. The paper slowly crumples itself, like a flower dying within a flame. Its pettles like the page corners twisting and contorting through the actions of some unseen hand.

The worn letter now just a cumpled ball of paper*

((OOC))
Application Withdrawn having had no ingame responce.
Strakoth

Topic/Postby Shevron » 27 Nov 2009, 08:28

We happen to be a busy lot, taking by real life stuff and whatnot, so ingame response can't be immediate, so please be patient.

If you still want to withdraw the application, then it's up to you.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Strakoth » 28 Nov 2009, 20:50

((OOC))

My apologies if my responce appeared to be impatient. However, stating that you are busy with real life work is an easy cop out especially when i have been waiting over a week for any type of in game responce. All it would of taken was a simple message or in game mail to state that you had recieved my application and that you would be back in touch, then a little OOC part to state real life issues are taking over. However, all i have had is silence.

So again if my responce is being taken as me being impatient i apologise. If i get some sort of responce soon then i will remove the withdrawl. But im not going to wait forever.
Strakoth

Topic/Postby Pepple » 28 Nov 2009, 22:06

Sorry about this, is a long wait I know.

We'll add you to friends and try and catch you for an interview when we're online.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Return to Applications.