A letter is left on the top step.

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Rubrick » 11 Jan 2010, 14:22

A letter is left on the top step.

*At the dead of night a summoned ghoul bounds up to the steps of the guild house and places an envelope upon the top step with the seal of the Ebon Blade upon it before disappearing into an alley way to quietly explode. The letter reads as follows to whoever picks it up and opens it the next day.*

To whom it may concern,

Last night I believe I attended one of your guild events at the The Blue Recluse tavern. Can I just say I had a great night, I started to feel human again. It gave me the chance to relax and to chat with people from all walks of life, I thank those who oragnised the event. Was truly a night to remember.

Since being there I have come to a decision, something which I have not done for some time, I am writing to see if you would accept me as a part of your guild.

Please, allow me to explain a little about myself and of my past and former deeds. My name is Rubrick, unfortunately due to my death knight conditioning and being once made a servant of the Lich King I do not remember much of my former life at all. Nor do I remember my surname. I have images in my head of once working the land, perhaps my family was once farmers. Another image I recall was black clad riders coming to our homes, burning the fields and everything around them. I grabbed a pitch fork and was able to topple one of the riders from his horse with it. I then felt myself being lifted into the air and was not able to breathe as I choked on nothingness. A piercing howl called out. “No, don’t kill that one…he wants that one, he shows a little fight.” I then fell limp, not sure if I was dead or not.

When I awoke my flesh felt cold to the touch, my skin had become slightly pale although my vision seemed to be clearer than ever. I was in a cell, 1st of all I wanted to cry but found myself unable, I then wanted to lash out at those who had done this but felt no anger, I had become devoid of all emotion. Hearing the crackle of his calling in my mind I stood up without question, moved to the door of my cell and opened it, starting my training in the ranks of the Lich King’s death knights, unable to question any order which he gave.

He made us do all kinds of terrible things, using us to fight his own war upon the Scarlet Crusade. I…I murdered countless innocents and burned there homes…

*The ink upon the page seems to look as if he is trembling at this point in his script.*

Months…maybe years later…time didn’t matter anymore I recall being upon the field at Light Hopes Chapel. The Lich King himself was there and I was fighting as ever in his name. I’m not sure exactly what happened nor do I really understand it but time seemed to freeze momentarily. A bright blue light crackled all around us and I fell to my knees, clutching at my helmet as a flood of emotions and feelings washed over me. I could no longer hear his voice…I was free as to were others of my kind. I summoned my death charger, mounted it and ran.

In the time since, with little else left in my life I have become a mercenary for hire, most recently working for the Argent Dawn in the plague lands. I enclose this message as a reference from Azore Aldamorthas.

“When the death knight approached us many were hesitant but I had heard rumor of many breaking free from the Lich King’s control. He didn’t seem to want much, just a few silver and a roof over his head. At 1st I turned him down and every morning at sunrise he would be waiting to ask to join again. Eventually I gave in. He introduced himself as Rubrick and seemed to throw himself into the thick of combat wherever he went, a very foolhardy man, our priests had to resurrect him many times. He explained to me that he had no purpose anymore and was better off dead and I responded by saying what if you were to become powerful enough to face the lich king, to have your vengeance for what he did to you. He didn’t respond but since that day I saw a formidable soldier. Fighting with the courage, strength and valor worthy to be compared to any Paladin. He was excellent at using his death knight skills learned at holding foes attentions, attacking them with his sword whilst others dealt the killing blows. Sadly he received a letter from the newly formed Ebon Blade and said that he would be leaving us to join them. I wish him all the best, he is starting to become human once more.”

I am now apart of the Ebon Blade a soldier in there ranks and am currently stationed beyond the dark portal in outland, fighting the ever present threat of The Burning Legion. I also hope to discover new friends and allies in this guild, working with them to put an end to the Lich King which should be a common goal to all.

I thank you for taking the time to read this whoever you are and I hope you will consider my application in joining you.

Regards,

Rubrick
Rubrick

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 12 Jan 2010, 18:03

Great application.

My internet is a bit messed up at the moment (ORANGE! DAMN YOU TO HADES!) but definately seek me out for a chat.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Rubrick » 12 Jan 2010, 20:00

Thank you, and alright will do. :)
Rubrick

Topic/Postby Rubrick » 19 Jan 2010, 01:52

Haven't seen you online. Hope I haven't been forgotten about. xP
Rubrick

Topic/Postby Pepple » 19 Jan 2010, 02:07

Think Dips is due back soon!

Worse comes to worse, give me a time and I'll come specially for you, unless Shev's aboot and free.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Jan 2010, 11:12

Yeah, sorry, my internet's been up the wall since last week. It could be the ethernet cable, so there's another one winging its way to me... Should arrive today, so fingers crossed I'll be back this week.

Hopefully for the guild meeting tomorrow.... Bah!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 20 Jan 2010, 01:10

Okee, looks like it's fixed. I'll be around tomorrow night.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Rubrick » 21 Jan 2010, 16:42

Alright, I should be on tonight between 6-8pm CET. :)
Rubrick

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Jan 2010, 18:07

I won't be on before 8 CET, but I'll look out for you when I arrive.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.