Esmae Thorn-Leaf's application

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Esmae » 25 Oct 2010, 15:06

Esmae Thorn-Leaf's application

Greetings to all. My name is Esmae Thorn-leaf. I was once a Hunter of Darkshore. I am now however a Bounty-Hunter for hire. if you need it....or even them....killed, and the price is right, I may just be the one you are looking for!
While this is true, since travelling to Northrend in search of new contracts,my list of clients and allies has drawn thin. To this end, my cousin Gailia has recommended that I attempt to contact you in the hopes of opening up doors which might otherwise remain closed to me!

::: Main Details :::

Character Name:Esmae Thorn-Leaf
Character Gender: (F)
Character Race:NightElf
Character Class:Hunter
Character Level:79

Current Main & Secondary Spec:Beast mastery

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:Skinning and Leather working

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)? Began on Moonglade

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):Currently not in a Guild amd have never been.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):Zeneth and Gailia

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Time been on Moonglade: About three years
Time been playing WoW: Since Burning Crusade

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 26-30+
Country where you live:England
Your level of English: (Good)
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: (Hopeless addict)

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname:Esmae Thorn-Leaf
Character Age:843
Any special character traits:Esmae has never been one for following the narrow traditions of the druids. She considers them restrictive and self limiting. She has gone through the female right of passage to gain her facial tattoos...but puts no real stock in them...It was done to appease her troubled mother! Her hair generally tied back loosely, more as a way of keeping it out of the way of her shot than a desire to be seen as beautiful.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks):She does not hate, but rather has little time for the Druids who make up the rest of her family and a large percentage of her people.

Brief Character History:
Esmae was born in Auberdine on Darkshore. She spent her childhood in the woods with her younger brother, Denyn. However, though Denyn took to the druidic teachings instantly and cared for all nature, Esame was always more curious than caring. Her desire was to understand why things worked rather than simply aid them to do so. She would venture out alone at night and prowl the woods observing the nature of its beasts. Eventually, in her late adolescence, her curiosity landed her in a tight situation. While observing a family of Nightsabers she was attacked by the alpha female who mistook her presence for a threat to her cubs. Having not practised in the calming methods of the druids Esmae was left with no option than to defend herself with the knife she kept sheathed in her boot. The Alpha female lept and Esmae instinctively thrust her blade forward...instantly leaving the helpless male cub with no mother. Ashamed at her action and too shaken to think, Esmae turned and ran. However, the male cub followed her in her flight and clung to her as though for protection whenever she stopped. Through first guilt, and eventually a deep maternal need, Esame took to the cub and named him Fizgig. She did not tell her family that she was keeping him in the woods, or that when she ventured out he would accompany her. As such, no-one knew of her new found ally until as a young woman she was attacked in the same woods she had come to call home by a raging Owlbear. From out of the brush, Fizgig in all his masculine glory, leaped to her aid and together they slew the beast. Thus her nature was revealed and she was named Hunter...
Her family did not take the news well and shunned her. So Esmae left with Fizgig and took to exploring all that Azeroth's wild places had to offer. Along the way she met a Draenei named Alakaa who became her first true friend and together with Fizgig they explored Azeroth in peace...untill Alakaa heard of the plight of his homeland and an opportunity to reclaim it! Having no real ties to Azaroth save for Denyn who still wrote to her and her young cousin Gailia...a some-what unruly Druid whom she found interesting, Esame agreed to accompany him.
Their journey was ill fated however...In the forest of Terokkar Fizgig contracted a strange disease which sapped his very soul...continually severing its link to the mortal coil...untill eventually he faded all together.
Upon his death, something changed in Esmae...she no longer cared what or who she was killing...or how unlikely her own survival was. She took any mission offered, no matter the bounty offered or danger involved. Eventually her detachment saw Alakaa part company with her also and so she was left to wander an alien world alone.
It was on one of these reckless missions however that she met a strange beast with the ability to teleport in battle. Mesmerized by its courious nature, which mirrored her own, she lured one to her and allowed it to follow her for a time. Eventually it took to her and has followed her ever since...She called it Ringo...

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: (So-and-so)

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? I met Serendipity a couple of time and enjoyed roleplaying with her. When Zen and Gail joined they suggested I do the same. I thought it a great idea.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member? Because Roleplaying is one of my favourite pass times and from what i have seen and heard, I believe that Rhyme and Punishment would be a nurturing environment for me as there are still many gaps in my knowledge of wow lore.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: (Yes)
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: (Yes)

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:What is the air speed velocity of a laden swallow?
Esmae

Topic/Postby Shevron » 25 Oct 2010, 16:56

Give or take, 324.61cm per second, +/- 12.439% error margin.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Esmae » 25 Oct 2010, 17:07

Second question...What is your favourite colour?
Esmae

Topic/Postby Shevron » 25 Oct 2010, 20:01

Black & Purple of course
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Esmae » 25 Oct 2010, 20:19

And WHAT.............is your quest?
Esmae

Topic/Postby Pepple » 25 Oct 2010, 23:01

To accept you to Rhyme.

Even I can answer that!
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shevron » 26 Oct 2010, 07:57

Yes my only purpose for existence culminates this week, when I get you interviewed and ushered into Rhyme. After that, I have no purpose, and will cease to exist.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Esmae » 26 Oct 2010, 13:18

So...does this mean that you want to add my biological and technological distinctiveness to your own?
(me get interview?) :A
Esmae

Topic/Postby Shevron » 26 Oct 2010, 14:01

Of course you get an interview.

Hunt me down, or any of the other officers, and we'll sort something out.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Esmae » 26 Oct 2010, 14:08

Fantastic! :glomp:
Thank you guys. So when is the best time to catch some-one such as yourself?
Esmae

Next

Return to Applications.