Vattel

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Darral » 29 Oct 2010, 19:09

Vattel

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Vattel
Character Gender: (M)
Character Race: Draenei
Character Class: Priest
Character Level:43

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Disc/Shadow

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Herbalism & Inscription

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)? Rolled fresh on Moonglade

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): Currently unguilded. I've been a member of several guilds:

- Unholy Wrath Empire (Khadgar, PvE)
- Compos Mentis (Khadgar, PvE)
- Bloodbound (Khadgar, PvE)
- DeathRepackaged (Khadgar, PvE and PvP)
- Little Guild of Horrors (Khadgar, PvE)
- Domus (Khadgar, PvE)
- No More Gnomes (Blades Edge, PvE)

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):No, I have not been referred

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):

This is not going to be brief...

- Unholy Wrath Empire (levelling, DPS)
This was my first guild. It was a fun but troubled guild so eventually it fell apart. So we (my g/f also plays) decided to start our own guild and that became...
- Compos Mentis (5-main, some raiding, DPS)
Which started of really promising but unfortunately after a we came back from a summer vacation 50% of the members had left. It hurt, it really did and it led to the first break I took from WoW (4 months). Fortunately my lovely girlfriend had not quit and became a valued member of...

- DeathRepackaged/Bloodbound (raiding, DPS)
On her good word I was allowed to join but within a month we merged with Bloodbound. However, Bloodbound didn't have a good atmosphere and many of the old DRP crew longed to for their own guild again. TBC hit and scored a knockout on Bloodbound and...

- DeathRepackaged (raiding, tank + healer)
was born... again. This time as a PvP/PvE guild but mostly PvP (arena was hot back then). Hours were well spend in BGs and Vent. Then the GM decided he preferred his X-Box and DRP slowly withered away. After a goodbye party in which we all fell to our death on top of Ad'al we parted ways. For whole three days that is. We got a whisper from an old DRP member for...

- Little Guild of Horrors (Raiding, Tank + DPS)
LGoH needed saving but it had a good core group so we did our best but to no avail. We mentioned this to yet, another old DRP member and he basically said "I will personally guarantee you both of a raid spot if you join...

- Domus (Hardcore raiding, Main Tank)
He wasn't kidding. Our commitment to raiding soon earned us a regular spot. This came at a price however. Domus raided every day of the week from 20:00 to 0:00. I had a lot of travel time to and from work and eventually I burned out. My own fault to be honest I should have slowed down but I didn't.

We both took a break. A long, long break and didn't come back till the end of WotLK and ended up in...

- No More Gnomes (Casual Raiding and 5 man, Tank)
Which is a casual raiding guild that raided once every two weeks. At first this was fun but the raids that did happen were, well, "bad" to put it mildly.

Is this your main or alt?: Main. But I really, really want to roll a Protection specced Worgen Warrior.

Time been on Moonglade: Several weeks now.
Time been playing WoW: January 2005.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 32
Country where you live: The Netherlands
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: That depends wholly on the community I'm in. The social aspect is what really keeps me going, without it I'm quite casual. With it, I need to pace myself.

RP Details :::
Character Full Name & Surname: Vattel
Character Age: I'm a Draenei

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Vattel shies away from hate. Orcs make him uneasy but he does not hate them. He saw his own people sell their souls for a scrap of power that came at a price so great only a fool would consider it a bargain.

He knows the orcs are not to blame for their corruption. If anything, he blames himself and his peers for letting the corruption happen in the first place.

Brief Character History (IC):
So you wish to know me young one? Do you recon me telling you about my life will serve as a way to know me? You do, hmmm very well then.

I was born on Argus and one never forgets their true home.

I remember its beauty
I remember its people
I remember its end

Yes, I remember...betimes I wish I did not.

For aeons I have seen countless worlds consumed by the burning legion. Always running, never stopping. So many years, yet so very little living in them. Draenor was a respite we desperately needed. It is where I fell in love with Lanani. For a time we were happy and then it ended.

Now I am on Azeroth and the light beckons me to make a stand. No more shall I run. No more! This I swear.

I am Vattel, and I remember. Sometimes I wish I could forget but mostly I wish for Lanani to stop hogging the covers. This planet is cold!

What? Would you prefer a more dramatic ending? Than I shall have to disappoint you. If anything my life has taught me it is this: a sense of humour will get you out of more trouble than a space ship. Except when dealing with demons, they really can not take a joke.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Hard to say, I'm probably an encyclopaedia compared to some and a total noob compared to others. I love fantasy novels and if I need to read up on lore I'll gladly do it.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? My girlfriend told me about RnP and she's very enthusiastic which is more than enough reason for me.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
When I sign up, I show up. On time and I don't AFK without permission.

I get along well with others despite my bizarre sense of humour. I tank but I'm not to shabby at DPS or Healing. I love talking on Vent too and meeting new people. I'm not shy and a bit sarcastic but not overly so.

Important note:
My girlfriend (Lanani) also plays and we are a package deal. We work extremely well together and have served all guilds in a variety of roles.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Having been an officer/class leader I'm quite familiar with 'that' type of meeting but I cannot be sure exactly what type of meeting is referred to here.

Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes and I'm quite curious about those :D

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:
Which one is correct: General Relativity or the Standard Model?
Darral
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 31 Oct 2010, 10:57

I'm more inclined towards String Theory myself.

Also, refer to Lanani's thread, so I don't double post.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Shevron » 01 Nov 2010, 10:42

BAM! too
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to Applications.