Lanani

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Aedammair » 29 Oct 2010, 19:17

Lanani

Hi! I saw your thread on the Moonglade forums and I hope recruitment hasn't already closed (again?).

Character Name: Lanani
Character Gender: (F)
Character Race: Draenei
Character Class: Warrior
Character Level: 43+ (leveling her quite fast)

Current Main & Secondary Spec:
Her main spec is protection. Her secondary spec is currently furry, but I like to fiddle with play styles so next time I log in it might become arms or another prot spec.

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:
Primary professions are mining and enchanting. Secondary professions include fishing, for which she doesn't really have the patience, first aid, and cooking (she's a terribad cook though :( keeps on burning her kaldorei kebabs every chance she's got)

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
She's a pure-bred Moonglader

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):
Lanani doesn't have a guild. She does share her life with Vattel. Together they roam Azeroth in search of adventure and like minded souls.

(Note: this is a serious reroll project!)

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
Nope, none, zilch, nada, niente, nee, non, che, aqa.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible:
I've been a Casual PVE'er (Vanilla and the last stretch of WotLK), but also a Hardcore Raider (TBC and the first stretch of WotLK). My current RP experience stems from the "old fashioned" forum RP I did when I was younger (I almost sound old, now). For most of my play time I have been a Khadgarian Horde, (Unholy Wrath Empire in Vanilla, Death Repackaged (and alt guild Rush) in Vanilla and the start of TBC, Domus in TBC and WotLk). I have experience with being class leader, officer, newt, healing lead, and practically everything in between. Generally I'm a fun loving person and loyal (to a fault, some would say) to the guild I'm in and the people that share the tag.

Is this your main or alt?:
Currently my main, but I'm planning on rolling Worgen (priest, most likely) come Cataclysm with my sidekick Vattel (he'll be rolling worgen warrior, most likely).

Time been on Moonglade: a couple of weeks
Time been playing WoW: 5+ years or so, with two breaks of a month or three in between.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (26-30+)
Country where you live: Holland, the Netherlands
Your level of English: I can honestly say: Good (yes, with a capital G)
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: I'd classify myself as a Regular (again, the capital!)

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Lanani

Character Age: Numbers cannot express experience. Suffice to say that she remembers the good days on Draenor.

Any special character traits:
If you count curiosity as a special trait, that would be it. Also she tends to be a 'happy-clappy-people-holding-hands-in-fields-of-flowers' kind of Draenei. As a peaceweaver she does tend to be a bit on the shy side, until she gets provoked. If that happens: Beware (with a capital B!) because her brutal honesty might just explode in your face.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks):
"Hate" is such a strong word. There are certainly some philosophies that she does not agree with and some she just plain doesn't understand, but due to her natural curiosity and will to 'keep the peace' she is not quick to pass judgment on someone (or a whole group of someones). Though, concerning their history, she is not particularly fond of Orcs in any shape or size and still distrusts the Blood Elves.

Brief Character History:

In her own words:

'I wish I could just say: We tried to flee our home planet, then spaceship crash. Now we are here." But, as is usual, nothing is ever that simple.

I was born on Oshu'gun before we found Draenor. After all this time it still pains me to think of what became of my beloved home planet. It still angers me when I think about what happened and saddens me when I think of all those who perished. Do not misinterpret what I am trying to say; I have good memories of Draenor, so many good memories, but the bad ones are still prevalent. Perhaps in time I will be able to, how do you humans say it, 'forgive and forget'? Maybe the forgiving will take longer than the forgetting, and we Draenei do not forget as easily as some Azerothian races.

Vattel and I were very lucky to have been able to escape on the Exodar.

Now that the Exodar has been established, and we have found a new home, I feel it is time for me to get out and about again to satisfy my curious nature. I very well know that my dear Vattel is indulging me, but I sense his enjoyment of the sights we see, the people we meet, and the places we visit. This is good.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?:
I'm afraid So-and-so and my Horde Lore is better than my Alliance Lore. My google, wowwiki and wowhead skills are awesome, though.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
First of all, I LOVE the pun/reference and of all the recruitment posts on the Moonglade forums RnP's message stood out for me. Also, over the years I've seen posts of RnP's members on several forums and they have always been good, constructive, levelheaded, and/or fun posts. If the largest part of RnP is like that, I think it is a guild that I would like to get to know better and become a part of.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?

[[[[IMPORTANT NOTE
My boyfriend (Vattel) also plays and we are a package deal; you can't have one without the other - sorry. We have been playing together since the beginning and have served our guild(s) in a variety of ways, most notable as a mage/mage and tank/healer combination. After all these years we are an excellent team and know what to expect of each other in any and all situations.]]]]

Because we bring roughly 8 years of WoW experience to the table in several game related disciplines. We're a highly social couple who love to share their game time with equal minded people. For me, personally? For some odd reason I am always able to get people chatting over anything, everything, and nothing. I love to have fun and goof around with guildies, but I know when things get srs and I need to be on my best behaviour.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: (Maybe)
I feel I do need to elaborate on this. Most of the guild meetings I have attended (as a newt, officer or in any other capacity) have been a drag with little to no (new) information concerning guild matters. If meetings are obligatory I will of course show up and participate at points that are of particular interest to me and listen to what is said without reservation. I've never been in an RP guild/on an RP realm before and perhaps meetings are different here, but if they're (excuse the expression) nothing more than regurgitated pieces of an unidentifiable substance I would rather forgo the meeting and focus on something else.

Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: (Yes)
It's the main reason I want to join!

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:

Several, actually...

1. Why does your forum support American English spelling, but not British English?

2. If one were two and you add three, how much would you have after you lost four?

3. Do you agree with the portrayal of Grendel's mother in the 2007 movie version of Beowulf (directed by Robert Zemeckis) and everything this portrayal entails?

4. Why does Schrödinger's cat always die?
Aedammair
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 29 Oct 2010, 20:56

1) That's your browser not the forum. Get the UK version.

2) Over 9000, clearly.

3) I agree to whatever my rice crispies tell me too, so I'll ask them tomorrow morning and let you know.

4) He's clearly a very confused cat, and still has to pick a side - the dumbass.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Aedammair » 30 Oct 2010, 17:17

1) That's your browser not the forum. Get the UK version.
Zing! thanks, didn't even consider that one -.-'

2) Over 9000, clearly.
"The answer given for the random question was incorrect."

3) I agree to whatever my rice crispies tell me too, so I'll ask them tomorrow morning and let you know.
So, what did they tell you? And were they honey or chocolate? Or are there no such thing as honey or chocolate covered rice crispies? That would be a shame, really. Do you eat your rice crispies with milk or yoghurt? DO you even use milk or yoghurt for your crispies? And do they speak differently to you when you use milk as opposed to yoghurt? I can imagine their speech would be a bit slurred, and nearly incomprehensable probably, if you dip them in the yoghurt. I've never really had rice crispies before, is it similar to those rice crackers you can buy, Snack a Jacks or something. SaJs are really horrible, covered in unidentifiable coloured dust that is supposed to bring some flavour to them. It fails horribly though :(

4) He's clearly a very confused cat, and still has to pick a side - the dumbass.
Poor kitty :( I wish there was anything we could do for it.
Aedammair
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 30 Oct 2010, 20:30

1) No U.

2) I stand by my calculations.

3) They're normal crispies, and i have them with cold milk. Actually I haven't had rice cripsies in over 15 years. I think I have an identity crises now :( Your fault.

4) Such is the cruelty of quantum physics.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Shevron » 30 Oct 2010, 20:43

Seriously though:

Lanani wrote:[[[[IMPORTANT NOTE
My boyfriend (Vattel) also plays and we are a package deal; you can't have one without the other - sorry. We have been playing together since the beginning and have served our guild(s) in a variety of ways, most notable as a mage/mage and tank/healer combination. After all these years we are an excellent team and know what to expect of each other in any and all situations.]]]]

Because we bring roughly 8 years of WoW experience to the table in several game related disciplines. We're a highly social couple who love to share their game time with equal minded people. For me, personally? For some odd reason I am always able to get people chatting over anything, everything, and nothing. I love to have fun and goof around with guildies, but I know when things get srs and I need to be on my best behaviour.

Couple package or not, nobody gets in without and application AND an interview.

So if you both want to join in, please ask him to register, and post a separate application of his own.

Thank you.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Aedammair » 31 Oct 2010, 10:52

Shevron wrote:Seriously though:

Couple package or not, nobody gets in without and application AND an interview.

So if you both want to join in, please ask him to register, and post a separate application of his own.

Thank you.

he did.
his application is right below mine on the forums.
does this mean we get our interview?
Aedammair
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 31 Oct 2010, 10:54

Ah sorry ... missed it.

And yes you do :) Hunt down one of the officers (I won't be online much this weekend) and we'll arrange something.

We can do it a double interview, if you like too.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Aedammair » 31 Oct 2010, 10:59

It happens to the best. And I can't blame you, really, since you're having an identity crisis thanks to rice crispies and all.

We'll log today and start hunting for officers then :)

If the interview can be a package, it would be great. But I don't see any problems with being interviewed seperately, if that is what the officer we catch prefers.
Aedammair
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 31 Oct 2010, 19:38

You won't find me, I'm on another continent for a week!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Aedammair » 01 Nov 2010, 10:39

Hello Serendipity :)
Yes, we were informed that you had to go aaaaallll the way to Kalimdor for something. Hope you're having fun in teh Ka-Lim-of-Dor. Just don't fall into a crevice that opened due to earthquakes, get pick pocketed by some Orc rogue, fall off Teldrassil, or any such nonsense.

(PS: have you tried the Kalimdor Fried Chicken double down sammich and is it any good?)
Aedammair
Rhymer

Next

Return to Applications.