Kayora Wrathweave

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Kayora » 22 Dec 2010, 19:22

Kayora Wrathweave

Somewhere in the battered streets of Stormwind, a Paladin meanders through the districts, scowling and muttering to herself about Dwarvish humour- hardly noticing as she turns a corner and a young child, surrounded by giggling friends, jumps out, brandishing what appears to be a paper mask of the most hideous troll to ever be put down on ink and parchment.
"ROAWGH ABUGGA UGGA!" -Now with the woman's full attention they succeed in making her yell out and jump back in shock. Then, laughing and cheering, they run away to the nearest alley, dropping the "mask" behind them as they go.
"Stupid-.. Light damned-.. Children!" pants the woman, glaring after them, before frowning down at the mask, and blinking as she realises it isn't a mask at all, but a piece of parchment with a large smiling.. "face", as it's centrepiece. Curious, she walks over and retrieves the parchment, wary that some of the pranksters may still be about, then peers more closely at what now appears to be an advertisement of some sort.
"Rhyme and Punishment need me, eh? To fight Tro- No.. Elv-.. Maybe I should ask somebody about this.."

A few hours later, she had discovered not only that this face seem to be thirty-two separate races in one, but also that this Rhyme and Punishment thing might be right up her street..

------------------------

::: Main Details :::

Character Name:
Kayora Wrathweave
Character Gender: Female
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Paladin
Character Level: 80

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Retribution, and no secondary..

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:
A half-hearted attempt at Herbalism and Skinning. So half-hearted the heart has gone into convulsion.

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
I moved here from Eonar, a normal server. Though I’ve now been on Moonglade for far over a year.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):
Currently not a member of any guild, but I’ve been a member of several other guilds.. Mostly the military sorts that collapse within a month or two.
The Stormwind Veterans, Regiment of Theramore, Valiance Crusade, The Lordaeron Vanguard, The Southern Brigade.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
‘fraid not, I only know them in that friendly neighbourhood stalker way.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):
All RP guilds. Let’s see..

The Stormwind Veterans:
My alt was in this guild long before my main was- and believe me she was extremely high in the ranks- however this was back when the Veterans were drowning in a sea of death knights, and rp all over the server was dying out. Kayora joined after Uncle Red passed away, in the reign of Vyanne, which was rather short-lived. However she was now ready to pursue a strong role in the military.

Regiment of Theramore
This guild was led by Roran, and while not the best it still supplied some strong rp. With frequent events and rp, Kayora climbed the ranks, saved many lives due to her healing abilities, and was trusted with several missions that are still memorable to me today. Sneaking through the Barrens to survey Mulgore, Bael Modan.. Northwatch hold. However time in Theramore was far too short-lived, as the death of their leader meant the end of the guild.

Valiance Crusade
Soon after the disbanding, many of the remaining members reformed under a new banner, fighting now in Valiance Keep and joining the battle for Northrend. However by this point in time roleplay on moonglade was significantly diminished, the guild did not prosper, and by the time they had dealt with a pesky Death Knight come necromancer- the guild had fallen apart.
Kayora however stayed in Northrend at this point, still fighting back the scourge, and lending her hand in the battle against the Lich King.

The Lordaeron Vanguard
You’re beginning to see just how much I’ve hopped through these military guilds. Quite possibly the reason I’m now sick to death of them-..
This guild was led by Lonce Silverhill, after my break from guilds this started to resurrect some of the old half-decent roleplay. With my alt as one of the leading members, and Kayora buried within the ranks again, this guild was active, but never extraordinary. The roleplay was so-and-so, and eventually the leader was disliked among most of the guild, deemed power hungry and infuriating. This ended in a general mutiny, disappointing.

The Southern Brigade
It’s funny to think this was so long ago, considering it was Kayo’s last real guild. It mainly took place after the fall of the Lich King, as troops returned home, those still willing to fight looked to the borders. However there isn’t much to say about this guild considering it’s short life. It was lead by four main leaders, and despite some fun memories – forcing recruits to jump into Lake Everstill in a training session, and planning to send forces into the Burning Steppes – this was the last we could take. The guild fell apart, and since then Kayora has not been truly fighting.

My, how brief!

Is this your main or alt?: Main.

Time been on Moonglade: Somewhere around a year and a half.
Time been playing WoW: 4 years, since Vanilla.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket:
(12-16). But I’m begging not to be judged on this; asking people I’ve known for a while online, they estimate me to be in the (16-20) bracket. I’m not saying I’ve never acted my age, but generally I’m mature and find the stereo-type exasperating.

Country where you live: England

Your level of English: Good.

What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?:
Somewhere between hopeless addict and regular. I‘m in denial.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Kayora Wrathweave
Character Age: 28

Any special character traits:
This question is far too open! How am I meant to know what to- ..She carries elixirs of water walking on her at all times, due to a fear of the ocean? There, that’ll have to do.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks):
Warlocks? Oh no.. she doesn’t like them.. But she’s a paladin, and what else would you expect. She’s a hypocrite on the death knight side; she stands by her King’s decision and accepts death knights.
Unfortunately she hasn’t entirely taken to the scent of rotting flesh, and if you have a ghoul summoned, she’ll ask you to get rid of it, or send it back herself with or without permission. With a little help from her mace.
She’s pretty prejudice against Worgen, what with the whole leaving-us-to-fight-the-scourge-alone thing, however she’s learning to accept that they aren’t all cowards, they aren’t all monsters, and they could well be valuable again to the Alliance.
In general however, I can say she isn’t much of a xenophobe. She is open to both Jaina’s stance on the Horde, and to Leander’s community ideals, but will not hesitate to defend herself and those she loves.

Brief Character History:
Kayora was born in Boralus, the capital of Kul Tiras. Daughter to a sailor and a priest; Kayora learnt much about the Light at her mother’s side. However she was born in the time of the Second War, and before she was old enough to truly see her father, he was lost at sea, fighting alongside Kul Tiras’s navy.
This is quite possible one of the root causes of Kayora’s fear of the ocean.
As she grew up, Kayora would never see Boralus in it’s glory of yester-year, instead she saw the destruction and collapse of Kul Tiras’s economy, and for the first time experienced just how much damage the Scourge could do.
Several years on, Kayora, seeking a future beyond the shores of Kul Tiras, bought passage on a fleet of ships set to sail to Kalimdor, to see the great walls of Theramore, and to hear of the fight between Jaina and Daelin Proudmoore.
It was here she met a Paladin of the Silver Hand, who spoke longingly of the great white city of Stormwind, of the Light, and of Uther Lightbringer. To a stubborn young girl, not yet fully into womanhood, it was not long before the idea dawned on her to travel to Stormwind, and to seek an apprenticeship.
-and naturally, as always happens in these short stories, she found passage to the Eastern Kingdoms, and travelled south until she came to Stormwind.
It was now that she found herself a teacher, and began to use her knowledge of the Light to become a Paladin. To learn if her talents lay with a sword. And to make not only her mother, but also her father proud.
After many years of patient training in Stormwind, Kayora joined the army and became a guard, over many years posted around Azeroth, fighting the Scourge menace and lending her hand where it was needed.
After the fall of the Lich King Kayora took to defending the Stormwind homeland, however the loss of her lover and the breaking of the Southern Brigade led to not only her distraction, but her depression and drastic loss of rank within the Stormwind Army. Since then she has resumed a role in the Cathedral healing the wounded, been reunited with her knight-in-blue-leather-armour, and assumed more of a peaceful role as more of a citizen in Stormwind.
With the coming of Deathwing she has been profoundly shaken by the vulnerability of not only the city itself, but its people. The relaxed take on life she had been going through lead to a diminishing of her connection with the Light, but now with new purpose she means to re-establish the link and hone her sense of control. Yet rather than taking up a sword and shield and running after a dragon, she has decided to remain on the home-front, to seek unity with the people of Stormwind, and to help prevent such a disaster from so deeply affecting society again.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?:
So-and-so. I’ve not exactly pushed myself too hard reading wow-wiki.. Some parts I’ll know very well, some parts might be entirely new.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
Is this the part where I flatter you? You must be aware you’re one of the best roleplay guilds on the entire server. I feel intimidated even sending this application in! Luckily I’m idiot enough to post it anyway.
I’m also sick and tired of military guilds; I’m sick and tired of the same old predictable roleplayers you’ll meet if you’re not in a guild. Kayora’s seeking unity now, before vengeance, and who better than one of the best, most active roleplay guilds on the server?

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Well, I’m hoping to God this application has started to convince you I’ll be an active member, I’m not so big-headed as to assume myself amazing enough to get in easy, but I’m willing to work towards being a celebrated member. I’m enthusiastic, and once I’ve gotten over the shock I’m sure I’ll be able to bring something to the table.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes.

Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?:
Yes! Thrilled at the idea of finally being in the Guild Union; plus, I was one of the cultists at the pre-cata Night of Doom. Extremely fun event, haven’t had anything like that for a long time, the doom-rolling definitely sold me.

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:
How many gnomes does it take to change a light-bulb?
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 22 Dec 2010, 21:24

Kayora wrote:Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:
How many gnomes does it take to change a light-bulb?

None. They can't reach up there!

Very very good application, and don't worry. We don't discriminate by age, but we just like to make players aware that most of us are over 20 and well beyond, and guild discussion can sometimes take a more ... "mature" path. We just like to make sure that people below a certain age bracket are comfortable with it, and not being accused after a while of fogging up the thoughts of minors!

Seek out an officer, and we'll sort out an interview!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Kayora » 22 Dec 2010, 22:57

Wonderful, thank you!
and ah.. well in this day and age there's hardly such a thing as "the innocence of children".. I'm sure I'll be able to hold my stomach.

Just so I know, do I need to approach the officer ICly or OOCly?
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Fereth » 22 Dec 2010, 23:41

You can poke us first OOCly so we can agree with time and place for IC interview.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Kayora » 24 Dec 2010, 11:03

Hmph. Well what with me going out yesterday and going to bed early for a change.. it seems you've managed to elude me.. but don't worry! I'm still lurking about, preying on your free time..
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Fereth » 26 Dec 2010, 16:56

Sorted!
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 26 Dec 2010, 21:57

Clonk.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.