Velvetica Swiftmane

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 16 Jan 2011, 01:52

I'll get back to you at some point on Sunday, but in answer to your questions....

Yup, beginners are more than welcome!
I have no idea. Maths is evil.
I don't read comics, so I have no answer for you!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Pepple » 16 Jan 2011, 03:19

Marvel.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Jan 2011, 09:27

If you drop any on the floor, you're the one sweeping the floor. Making that clear.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 17 Jan 2011, 23:39

Ok, bit o' a quibble on your backstory.

Velvetica is 23, has she been a Worgen all that time? Bear in mind the Night Elves were unknown to the humans up until about 10 years ago, so the maths looks a little out. Though, numbers always confuse me.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 18 Jan 2011, 13:43

Well, actually, someone brought something I didn't know to light (you can thank Gailia). Seems there's a lot less tinkering involved after all, if any.

Linkees below!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Druids_of_the_Scythe
http://www.wowpedia.org/Ralaar_Fangfire
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 18 Jan 2011, 23:51

My, my, you're certainly prompting a lot of discussion! I received another PM (name withheld to protect the innocent) crushing all of my musings.

Here's the long but informative post....

Hello,

I've read this character's bio and what she's suggesting for a back story is extremely unlikely if not downright impossible.

First there's the timeline. She says her character is 23 years old but the 3rd war was around 10 years ago.

She mentions that her family was attack by rival night elf tribe. Night elves live in tribes? Okey, we'll run with it. Rival suggests she's a night elf as well but any night elf worgen would be :

A) Over 9000 years old
B) Look like a night elf

However, she says she was a pup wrapped in a blanket which suggests she's a Worgen by birth and apparently had parents to care for her.

Worgens are not caring loving parents. They're viscious, fearless killers and they certainly do not live in communities to raise their young. Only because the Gilneans had a brilliant alchemist who came up with a partial cure did they regain their sanity. The Night Elves aid sealed the deal allowing them to shift back to their human form.

Worgens are *not* a species. They're a cursed human/night elf. In fact it isn't even know if the offspring of two cursed humans would even carry the curse. Let alone being born shifted into wolf form aka a Pup.

To clarify:

The whole Worgen mess started when Ralaar Fangfire tapped the Scythe of Elune to gain the power of the Wolf form. This did not go well and the Druids of the Pack lost their marbles.

Instead of putting them down Malfurion put them to sleep in a pocked dimension in the Emerald Dream. This worked out perfectly until a Gilnean mage named Arugal got his hand on the Book of Ur and figured a pack of man size wolves was exactly what they needed to stop the Source invasion.

Unfortunately, some of his puppies escaped and got into Gilneas making lots of new friends. Others were turned into Death Knights by Arthas.

I don't think your storyline need be abandoned or anything, so here are a couple o' tweaks I've thought of which'd make it more lore consistent.

1. Bump up Velv's age when found by the elves. It's possible she was infected with the Worgen curse and went all feral as a child, surely. I'm still assuming she's Gilnean? I don't see why she can't have been found as a teenager and dragged back to civilisation by the elves once they reached Gilneas.

2. Alternatively, have her stowaway on a ship to Kalimdor and get civilised there - plenty o' possibilities.

If you want to hammer out something in game, could always do that..!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Jan 2011, 00:37

No worries, I look forward to having a read!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 20 Jan 2011, 19:51

Perfect - track an officer down for an interview!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.