Zulmeka Blu'tooth

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Zulmeka » 18 Mar 2008, 00:28

Zulmeka Blu'tooth

--- IC Application --

A somewhat tatty looking piece of parchment is put forward, the writing on it a strange scrawl, clearly of one unused to writing to any large degree, but still with a great deal of meticulous care put into amending and re-writing erroneous or awkward sounding phrases. Some of the writing in places is clearly of a different hand, as if certain words were dictated due to their difficulty, it reads as follows.

Greetings, to whomever this letter reaches. I write to the fair peoples of this guild with no high hopes of acceptance. That is not to say that I for a moment doubt your fine guilds integrity, but alas, my somewhat questionable decendants often put me in a less than favourable standing amongst my fellow alliance members. Should you feel that I would be a liability unto your good name, feel free to disreguard this letter, I will not be offended and wish you well.

I will be honest with you from the outset, according to a few reliable sources, I am not a typical Kaldorei. So many enjoy reminding me that not even other druids of the cenarion circle, so welcoming to me despite my unusual aspects, have such unusual..dentistry. Let me be frank, there are suspicions that my father was a Troll. To be more specific, a Troll named Kifo. It is from him that I take my last name, Blu'tooth. I am aware that there is a great deal of unease associated with the largely barbaric Trolls and I have been told by many that my somewhat slower than average common sense can be traced back to my father's blood. I beg to differ, as from what I hear, he was a shaman of his people of some reknown..but I digress.

Placing aside the question of my species, I feel I ought to recount where I have come from. I grew up for the first few years of my life with my Kaldorei mother, one of the few who had left her native shores of darnassus and settled alongside the peoples of goldshire, a sentiel by trade and one who loved to travel. Despite her open mindedness, she opted to leave me with a local orphanage when my pseudo tusks decided to grow in. I do not blame her in the least. Once I was old enough to leave the orphanage I made my living around Stormwind, doing the odd jobs that my naturally muscular build leant itself to, along the way meeting my best friend, Crou, and encountering a most kindly Kaldorei, a man who was to become my mentor and to teach me the ways of druidic learning. He did not judge me for my bloodline but instead saw in my Trollish lineage an opportunity to get in touch with a more feral aspect of the teachings of the great Shan'do.

It is at this point where I am today, still devoutly learning the feral arts of the druidic teachings, my sole aim, to earn myself the title of a true Kaldorei and respect amongst my peers. Although, despite this I have not forgotten that which makes up half of who I am, I still seek to learn more of the peoples of my father and am currently growing fluent in the Zandali language and the language of the Orcs. I seek to join your guild in order to learn further from the histories and kindnesses of others. Thank you for taking the time to read my application, may nature always smile upon you.

Signed, Zulmeka Blu'tooth. (A pawprint marks beneath)

Tucked in neatly with the letter is a small portrait, hand sketched, assumedly of the individual being referred to in the letter. He looks pretty happy in it, but most noticable is his larger than average nose and his upper canines which jut somewhat in a semblance of tusks, he has black horns, typical of those found on proficient shapeshifter druids

-- OOC Guff --

Right-o, that's that out of the way, I'd just like to say, about the half-troll thing, I only decided upon it after a great deal of consideration. I personally believe that Trolls and the Kaldorei share a common ancestor of sorts or that one of them foreran the other, so I made the assumption that it'd be possible for the two of them, under the right conditions to have a kid. Hell, the draenei and orcs can canonically interbreed and they neither originate from the same planet, nor share so many common traits. Still, I am aware that some would be a bit leery about this fact in my character and for this reason, I would not be hurt if I am declined on that basis. Just thought I'd get my reasoning out there.

Well, about me, I am a 20 year old female literature student living in Scotland, I draw and rp in my spare time and play far more warcraft than is healthy. I've been part of moonglade since it started out under various character names. I was known as Baneful originally, then Kifo and most recently Repent. All of my characters tie into one another and Zul is no different, I can also interpret Orcish for other people via my /other/ druid (horde this time) who I can have simultaneously logged at the same time as Zul (what use that is, I'll never know)

I comandeered my brother's druid Brairthorn (what are brothers for after all? ;D) , renamed him Zul'meka to suit his backstory and now use him for PvP and roleplaying purposes. After attending the recent Steamwheedle Faire from the horde side I realised that a great deal of the rp action is on the other side of the fence so to speak, and that I'd been aware of R and P for a very long time. So I figured, can't hurt to apply, right? So, here I am.

My deepest apologies for being TL;DR about this app, but I figured, hell, if I'm going to do it, might as well do it right.

<3
Zulmeka

Topic/Postby Bootle » 18 Mar 2008, 01:16

I like how you're getting all the lore facts wrapped up in this, and I personally think it's possible that those two races could interbreed (although, unlikely due to them hating eachother so much)... But one niggling fact bothers me.

Night Elves have been in contact with current civilisation for 6 years. Meaning either your character could only be at most 6 years old, or a remnant of the Kaldorei/Troll wars millenia ago.

I like the latter option myself. But it would rule out possibilities of growing up in goldshire and having Kifo as a father. Perhaps retcon your story to fit your character in somewhere?

Hope you dont take this as blatant flaming, but perhaps constructive criticism to help you find your RP spot in the world, and hopefully this guild :)
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Pepple » 18 Mar 2008, 01:18

*Pepple eyes the letter and blinks a few times*

Half.. Tr..Troll?? Should be interesting. *Mails a hastily written letter back*

Heyla there,

I'm guessing you're more Elf than Troll. If you're allowed in Stormwind it must be okay! Anyway, I'll poke you for an interview. I don't think the others will mind the Troll thing, long as there's no voodoo.

---

I'll be honest, when I started reading the app I sceptical, but it really does seem well thought out and refreshing. Approved from my end, and I'd like to give you an interview if the others are alright with it. Really think you put alot of thought and effort into him, would be great fun to RP with.

Boom, and such.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Zulmeka » 18 Mar 2008, 01:40

Thank you for the comment, I had actually forgotten that aspect of the lore. And I agree that with the 6 year gap it would be entirely unfeasible for that to be the case, however, the Troll/Elf war aspect is one I'm really interested in. I'm thinking that perhaps I could go for a bent which could incorporate him beng in hibernation up until fairly recently. His assumption that Kifo is his father is primarily based on being told such by other people, he cannot remember much further back than the last several years. It'd be entirely possible to do a proper retcon to place him back at the Troll/Elf wars when his skills in speaking both Zandali and Darnassian would have been of use to them when interrogating prisoners and understanding cultural nuances.

I'm very happy to hear that he's not entirely dismissed off hand, I hate to be one of those sort of "yay I are half breed" people, but I really sought out a way to bring together the two cultures I know most about lore wise and appearance wise. And in actual roleplay situations, Zul tends to conceal most of his Trollish features with a facescarf so it is not of a huge amount of comment, I downplay it as much as possible since the species most definately does not make the character.

EDIT: I'll iron out the fine details of the history retcon and post it here when I'm done. He's still the same individual, just with a somewhat different backstory to suit my lore oversight.
Zulmeka

Topic/Postby Zulmeka » 18 Mar 2008, 02:02

So, I was thinking that Zul was a rather unfortunate product of fighting between the elves and the trolls, with the sort of unpleasantness that far too often goes along with any kind of war. His mother was rescued from a Troll encampment, and he was born in shame. However, one of the mages accompanying the fighters (I'm assuming the troll wars predate the advent of druidism, but again, my timeline on this is hazy, feel free to set me straight on this fact, either way, it results in the same end, the mage who raised him eventually became a druid himself, even if he wasn't one to begin with never fully meshing with the arcane) took pity on the young half breed and rather than condemn him to death as an abomination, saw him as a way of understanding their enemies better. Zul spent his time then learning what he could about Trolls and their civilisations and helping in the fight. He learned the arts of druidism between this time and the present and followed his fellows into hibernation, waking up now in a totally different political climate of almost tenuous truce, but finding himself as rabidly determined on proving himself and learning more about the other races as ever. Kifo would come into it by being Zul's contact with the horde, one of his main sources of information on current Troll affairs.

He still lives in and around Stormwind, mainly out of choice and half out of it's bustling multi-race population these days.
Zulmeka

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 18 Mar 2008, 02:12

I like *stamps the approval seal on the letter*
Now let's see if the interview stands up with the level of the letter.

Good luck!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 18 Mar 2008, 02:15

Very interesting. I'll poke about with lore, see if I can find anything tomorrow.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 18 Mar 2008, 09:47

Well, considering that the WoW tabletop allows for half-kaldorei, half-humans, I find a half-kaldorei, half-troll much more logical.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Mar 2008, 18:58

It's the surname that makes me boggle.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Zulmeka » 18 Mar 2008, 19:58

Kif's family have blue pigmentation banding on their tusks, his second name in Trollish literally translated is blue tooth. I couldn't find any authoritative Troll words for either so I went for Blu'tooth. Only afterwards did I hear about the stupid mobile phone thing. Made me laugh but I wasn't going to change the name. But since the relationship to Kifo is being retconned, his surname could be anything.
Zulmeka

Next

Return to Applications.