Bananas [Apologies, couldn't come up with a fitting headline]

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Valenus » 04 Mar 2011, 02:27

Bananas [Apologies, couldn't come up with a fitting headline]

Menacing Slopes of Tirisfal

The haze covering the lower skirts of the hills seemed to thicken as a handful of humans in crimson armor, engaged the charging forsaken. The Deathguard timed the ambush to perfection, flanking the inexperienced squad of Templars from three sides. Yet the heavy armor which humbled their maneuvers spared them the initial casualties this instance, except for the scout who was choking to a certain death by the initial crossbow barrage. The youths braced themselves, forming a defensive position with as much vigor as they could muster. The forsaken captain attempted a grin with his upper chin, seeing they cornered boys in plates.

''Line on brother Colonus!'' ordered Austir, the team commander.

Being the senior in his squad, Colonus held the right end of the line. He put his right foot one step back and leaned slightly as he raised his shield, to avoid losing balance in case he was overpowered by the incoming swing. And overpowered he was by the slam of the great sword, yet lost little more than half a step ground consequently. He answered with several brief swings of sword to weigh his opponent. In a short while he found himself engaged with two of them, and he was not alone in that sense, they were clearly outnumbered. He hastily pushed the closest in a skillful bash of his shield and used the space to reach for the vials of holy water placed on the left of his belt.

As the fight continued Colonus came to realize a grim price of survival and experience would be witnessing the demise of his brethren, and at the hands of so foul an enemy. The youths were true to their purposes though, they felled the larger half of the adversary as they were put to rest for eternity. Even though the odds still seemed to favor the accursed, the Deathguard seemed shaken due to the fall from a definite advantage. What they underestimated was the defensive strength of the well trained shield fighters, so long as they kept their line. In the midst of the battle an assassin broke from the line hardly noticeable, thanks to the intense clash of steel.

That is when the impetuousness of the young Paladin got better of his discipline. Tired Colonus pushed himself forward, supporting his quickened pulse with enthusiasm driven from zeal while dropping his shield and lightening his burden in the hope of catching matching the speed of the sprinting forsaken. His cunning opponent was well aware of his coming, as well as that of his two kinsmen from the direction he was running to. He purposely slowed his pace, allowing Colonus to assume he, himself was rather accelerating thanks to the boiling blend of courage and zeal. And just as he was catching up, the undead jumped forward, holding onto a shabby but solid branch of the dying pine tree, skillfully drew a complete circle and kicked the young Colonus on the chest with the impact of his speed.

Colonus was knocked a few steps back but regained his balance, very happy to see his lightly armored, dagger wielding opponent was as foolish as to engage a heavily armored swordsman head on. And it was when the whistle of the archer’s arrow heralded a scar through the small crack under his scale-like shoulder plate, Colonus understood the rogue’s true motive. He was backed by two others and this time the newly wounded Colonus was not only outnumbered, but also outmatched, being a shield fighter without a shield.

As his opponents closed down on him Colonus braced himself for his final stance. He was content to die a true Templar, on duty and with a sword at hand, he only had hoped to serve his cause and the heavenly will further before he passed away. Regardless, the proud Scarlet Paladin accepted his fate stoically as he raised his longsword one last time.

Then the abrupt sound of a charging rider disturbed the perfect silence of approaching death, and the cry of an old man tipped the spoil of his noble death.

''Take heart brother! The good is on our side this day!''

The rider aimed at the assassin at first, targeting the closest threat to Colonus, but the agile fighter threw himself towards the far end of his lance’s reach at the last moment.

Whether agility or luck the archer was short of, he found the silvery end of the lance somewhere between his two decaying lungs and he found himself flying away with the overwhelming momentum of the cavalry in a brief moment. Luckily enough for him though, he blacked out before he hit the ground. The clash gave heavily armored warrior enough time to take position. He faked a step forward, bashed the chest plate of the armored horse with his two handed sword and immense power, wounding the horse fatally, setting its rider on free fall and getting himself hurled away on the impact.

The Rider fell off, but long years of riding also meant a good deal of falls and he got away with bruises he could ignore with the adrenaline of the battle. With his wide, unblinking, utterly focused eyes and the blank expression even before the apparent eruption of righteous fury, Colonus could recognize his mentor positively from a hundred yards. Valenus was not hard to figure indeed.

Valenus hastily recovered his shield and drew his sword, upon confronting the warrior. Colonus was also on his feet, no sooner than the assassin who was wise enough to note the newcomer was more serious a threat. He felt he had to lift the balanced odds and he threw a handful of blinding powder on Colonus’ face, then kicked him backwards to save as much time as possible by avoiding one-on-one for the sake of outnumbering the elder paladin.

Valenus confronted the warrior on his typical defensive stance, seeking to tire his stronger foe before striking back, but knew he would be denied of the chance when he saw the approaching assassin. The warrior drew strength from the presence of his deadly kinsman and started swinging with keener determination. Valenus started slowly moving to rogue’s opposite direction in the hope of narrowing his striking angle, but was disoriented by the powerful blows on his shield. The warrior steadied his breath again and unleashed the impact of his battle lust on the veteran paladin, forcing him to lower shield this time. He quickly reached forward to collect the fruit of his efforts, swinging on the paladin’s lowered guard. The tip of his sword pierced through Valenus’ armor, tearing apart the symbol of crimson flame and leaving the zealot a scar of remembrance to take to his grave.

Valenus took a step backwards and fell to one knee with the impact, then rose back to his feet on sharp concentration with even widened eyes. The warrior saw him mumbling under his breath, looking down. Valenus felt a slight shiver as holy energy flew through his body and sought exit through the end of his right arm. He affixed his wide, expressionless gaze upon his aggressor as the force bended into existence in the form of a platinum radiance through the open palm of his right hand. The final perception of the forsaken brute was the roar of the Templar in an unfamiliar language before the blast.

''VADE RETRO ABOMINAMENTU!''

The bright light took the form of a silvery volley, flowing towards his foe then struck home; setting the unliving soldier ablaze, causing an almost blinding flash of light alongside a deep, yet intimidating sound. The warrior lost an important portion of his sight as his undead flesh melted at the heat of the holy flames. The incoming rogue resorted to another pouch of blinding powder but his target was less callow this time. Valenus shifted stance lowering his head in an angle that the remaining powder would hit his forehead instead. After several exchange of blows and many dodges on assassin’s account, he pressed for a thrust to gain advantage, and would be successful had his curved dagger not bounced back from the paladin’s protective suit of steel. Valenus could not afford to waste the counterattack opportunity, that he didn’t. The agile rogue dodged another thrust of his sword, this time a bait to get him in position. And by the time he sensed the motive it was too late and Valenus swoop him off feet by the upper cutting swing of his shield. The flying rogue was not able to maneuver and in mere moments the sharp edge of the knightly sword founded the torso of the forsaken. He hit the ground with the greater part of the blade buried in his chest and spoke his final curse of gutterspeak right before the unblinking templar twisted his sword.

Valenus turned away to face the disoriented warrior, only to see him knocked down, and his severed head only a few yards away from the body. Colonus had sheathed his sword half way within the ground and was trying to steady his breath, holding the arrow on his right shoulder. He then took the arrow out with a deep grunt, lowered to the point his pain suppression allowed.

A smile of pride widened on the face of the normally expressionless paladin as Valenus rested a hand on the uninjured shoulder of his bright apprentice.

‘’Well fought brother, ride to Tyr’s Hand now and inform our superiors of the incident. I shall stay here with the rest to tend the wounded and carry the martyred.’’

‘’Aye!’’ replied Colonus, bowing low. And turned away to depart Valenus’ side.

‘’And need I say you’ll be going on a penitence quest for breaking formation, leaving your squad when you’re the second in command and finally; risking so invested a Templar for the sake of pursuiting a routing enemy.’’
[font="Verdana"]Vade Retro Hippie![/font]
Valenus
Templar

Topic/Postby Valenus » 04 Mar 2011, 05:18

The Application

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Valenus Diverburgh
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Paladin
Character Level: 51

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Protection & Holy

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Inscription & Herbalism

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred?
-Started on Moonglade.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):
-The Order of Illumination (another realm): My first and foremost home, Human/Paladin only guild currently wailing in the oblivion of inactivity after the transfer of practically everyone else to the horde.

-Sanctum Divinum (My own guild attempt, A knightly Order of human Paladins and Priests, one given up considering the efforts of leadership and also for moderating game time)

-Order of Lordaeron (Spent some time, quited upon learning the would be devote paladin leader was happily married to a warlock and that noone else saw an inconsistency there)

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
-I don’t, I’m not.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible.
-Stated above, they were Role Play oriented.

Is this your main or alt?
Valenus is not my highest level character, but the one I’m currently -and planning to keep- spending the 97% of my gametime.

Time been on Moonglade: 2 months before my military shipment, 1 month now upon my return. (PS: I’m not a soldier but from a country with compulsory military service)

Time been playing WoW: Since The Burning Crusade

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 25
Country where you live: Türkiye (Turkey)
Your level of English: Bananas
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular for the moment, probably less active when I re-start working.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Valenus Diverburgh
Character Age: 41
Alignment: Lawful Good
Any special character traits: Former Scarlet Crusade Officer&Paladin
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with?
Let’s see…
*Vengeful of & despises the Forsaken – being a Scarlet
*Hostile against the Scarlet Onslaught – for compromising the values of the Scarlet and tainting the name by accepting demonists.
*Hostile against The Horde, save for the Taurens – for being destructive and chaotic.
*Resentful against the corrupted portion of the remaining Scarlet Crusade.
*Resentful against the Argent Dawn for welcoming and embracing the forsaken.
*Resentful against Tirion Fordring in person and the Argent Crusade – for welcoming&allying the deathknights and tainting a holy cause with the presence of the abominations.
*Hostile against inherently evil classes and followers of morally questionable methods (Warlocks, Deathknights)
*Dismissive of and without loyalty for The Alliance (for resorting to the aid ofdeathknights, schooling warlocks) [Stormwind Kingdom&King in particular for making a law that forces Deathknight acceptance to Good People]

Brief Character History: A Paladin of Scarlet doctrine, very much devoted to the old ways, to Uther. He denounced his loyalty to the Scarlet Crusade -in much pain- upon witnessing the corruption spread beyond cure, only to voyage around the outside world to see The Crusade was not the only institution to bear the mark of corruption. He sought to serve the Light by devoting himself to the fight against the Scourge, only to discover the bond between the Argent and The Ebon Blade. Disgusted to the very core of foundation, he deserted the front he would fight alongside the forsaken and the death knights, retreating to an isolate, spiritual contemplation and hoping the world of man would fell honorably before it was saved by the hands of abominations, once again experiencing utter disappointment.
Now he returned to civilization from his desolate sanctuary and seeks service to Greater Good, even in the humblest form.

To make a long story short, Valenus is a battered paladin who was let down from every wordly organization he binded hope to. Consequently he has torn hopes of finding purity in man apart from his heart and serves only the ideal of Righteousness.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-so Honestly I find the wow lore surprisingly amateurishly plotted and rip off (Uther/Uther Pendragon, Artas/Arthur, Selune/Elune, and god knows how many more)

Your favourite WoW area, and why?
-My favorite place would be the Gilneas Cathedral for the lovely architecture, favorite town Theramore for being such a lovely coastal settlement, and area would be Tirisfal Glades for having more forsakens than I can ever stomp.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:
That would definitely be the cumulative events from…3 or 4 years before (on Scarshield Legion as realm) where I lost a fight to a mage from The House of Sylvanas – an awesome forsaken guild with really quality players- got kidnapped and held hostage in Brill, while the preparations for the ritual to re-animate my pious paladin into a forsaken were carried out. Then the party carrying me to the toward southward was ambushed by the Templars of my Order and our allied Dwarven Clan, Khazrand Ta Khazmodan were waiting in a defensive line at the border separating the forsaken land from the once human Southshore.

And I feel I must also mention my Order’s event where a little more than a dozen of paladins marched on Tarren Mill and were ambushed by a Horde guild during the purification of the town, with a lovely battle to remember alongside several write ups, and at the end when we were undeniably outnumbered, the captured me and Order Chaplain were released by the Tauren Warchief of the Clan to honor the bravery of the Templars.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
I played on a knightly paladin order with people I perfectly matched ooc’ly and ic’ly for quite a long time and after my friends switched to horde and I didn’t (and wouldn’t ever), I tried taking part in some spiritual or supposedly holy guilds, and found out the perception of the average wow community on how&what a ‘’holy’’ character should be is in crucial contrast to that of mine. So I decided to try a more versatile faction this once, picked RnP &QBB as two quality Rp guilds, and decided I could somewhat fit in RnP’s better or -more likely- less bizarre, extra relieved hearing the two are in good terms anyhow.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?

After describing and re-measuring my Rp self in such length, I’m somewhat inclined to believe maybe you shouldn’t.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings? Absolutely, as long as I am able.
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events? Absolutely, as long as I am able, and the content is not in absolute conflict with my character (as if that’s is possible!)

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:

I'm totaly loving filling this form, kudos to the people responsible.

And as for the interview

I’m absolutely not alarmed by the idea, in fact would really prefer if one took place before possible entry. And I’m perfectly okay with any number of officers and/or members joining-questioning-spectating. One teeny little request though: Please don't pick a warlock or Dk as the interviewing officer, as I really want to at least try being a part of the guild.

Finally, it is good to see that you guys don’t discriminate but I do (almost exclusively), and just wanted to say that it is always in good fun and I am too old to confuse Rp conflict to any point of ooc.

Thanks and cookies.
Valenus
Templar

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 04 Mar 2011, 06:01

Woooo, I liked the whole combat story! Also, I've used to play a Paladin that way, I even had the Scarlet outfit and all, t'was good fun.

*Thumbs up* Feel free to poke any online officer for a interview, thou if you wanna try and schedule a date/time, feel free to do so.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Shevron » 04 Mar 2011, 08:25

Valenus wrote:I'm totaly loving filling this form, kudos to the people responsible.

Thank you thank you.

Took me a full 5 mins to write, and that include the coffee break :Q

==

Damn good app, and it's nice seeing a fellow Mediterranean every now and then :D

Although I have a little bit of concerns:

You seem to be the very serious RP type - Paladin orders, Holy guilds, Paladin-only guilds etc etc...

At RnP, while we take RP very seriously, we are not serious about it. What I mean is, do not expect a strict RP hierarchy where we have rules to adhere to in the way people RP their characters and be solemn about it. We are a bunch of people that while always in character, we tend to be the nutters of the block, and are usually more comical about it.

Our main rule is, be always IC, and be as crazy as much as you like, as long as you do not annoy people.

I don't know how comfortable you are in such an environment.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Valenus » 04 Mar 2011, 15:09

Your concerns are very well placed, considering... me

However I should say I am completely aware of the situation, the guild and how bizarre I would fit with the other axles of the mechanism. But that is particularly why I applied to you guys. I want to experience a different level of Rp, devoted ooc'ly but not serious to bone ic'ly. Truthfully, I was also hoping my nerdy antique paladin could prove weird to the extent of contributing to the humor in the air here, though he himself is unlikely to understand or enjoy the joke.

Also, I tried hinting at that part by pointing out a series of ic disappointments politely but obviously that was a weak way to put it so I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of sounding a bit straight-forward so here goes...
Since I have left my first Order I have been in a number of those holy, would be serious guilds you say and honestly they have prown to be suprisingly little more than Power rp'ing bunch of virgin boys and concussion-curious girls who have absolutely no sound idea about the beliefs, mentality, stance and philosophy of a would be holy character; mostly people who came upon the word 'Paladin' the first time they rolled a bad-ass hammer chick with killer boobs. That is why I want to not take part in one from now on, they are hopelessly under-equipped to carry it out, besides after years (I mean years) of intense service, I feel it is time for a templar to try the 'retired life'.

Ps: Now I feel slow for taking two hours to answer the questions you put together in 5 mins:/
Valenus
Templar

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 04 Mar 2011, 16:09

Somehow I can see you and Inquisitor Charity Evensong getting along just fine!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Valenus » 04 Mar 2011, 16:24

Apologies, the name doesn't ring a bell, the title does sound intriguing though...
Valenus
Templar

Topic/Postby Pepple » 04 Mar 2011, 18:11

She's bloody ridiculous. :Q

Nice app, ser!
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 04 Mar 2011, 20:34

She's the one who stomps around in Judgement plate with a flaming head.

She also doesn't like Scarlets very much, could lead to some interesting RP! Then again, she doesn't like very much at all...........

Great application though.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 04 Mar 2011, 20:41

Oh come on, here we have a guy who made this application title "Bananas", and we dare to even question whether he will fit in the guild or not?
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Next

Return to Applications.