Sigmard Silverwind

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 22 Apr 2011, 17:43

Sigmard Silverwind

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Sigmard
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Warrior
Character Level: 55 (at time of writing)

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Main Spec; Protection (PvE), Secondary Spec; Currently blank, will be DPS for PvE.

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Primary; Mining, Blacksmithing, Fishing (at least it should be a Primary Profession!). Secondary; First Aid, Cooking.

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?: Started on Moonglade
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): None on Moonglade. Storm Knights on Earthern Ring (2006 onwards).
Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): None, I'm afraid. New to Moonglade.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible: Casual PvE on Earthern Ring, RP was welcomed but not a requirement of guild there. Very social, very laid back guild. I was seen as a "peacekeeper" there, someone people could talk to if they had a problem. They very rarely did though.

Is this your main or alt?: Main.

Time been on Moonglade: About a month.
Time been playing WoW: Since Vanilla

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 21-25
Country where you live: England
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular, but can vary widely. See notes at end of application.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Sigmard Silverwind

Character Age: 25

Any special character traits: Sigmard has a slight dwarven edge on his Westfall accent. His build is that of a brawler, one that's seen it's fair share of punishment over the years.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with? (eg. Warlocks): Severe hatred of the Defias Brotherhood.

Brief Character History: Born and raised in Westfall, Sigmard's father was a farmer and a retired soldier. Inspired by his father's stories, Sigmard quickly learned the basics of combat. Barely reaching adulthood, Sigmard's family were attacked by the Defias in their home, both parents died while trying to hold off the Defias, as Sigmard and his younger sister fled towards Stormwind. They were ambushed on route, so Sigmard let his sister flee as he fought them off. Severely injured during the fight, he staggered his way towards Stormwind, finally collapsing in sight of the gate. His sister never made it to Stormwind.
In the few years that followed, Sigmard met a dwarf called Gromnar and became best friends. They soon joined a dwarven mercenary company and spent the next few years enjoying a lot of success with his new dwarven (and one gnomish) friends. It all came to an end when the final job they were hired to fight demons that had started pouring through the Dark Portal. Soon afterwards, while drowning his sorrows out in a Stormwind Tavern, he was captured by the Defias. Spent the next 4 and a half years in a mine as a slave, occasionally forced to fight any traitors the Defias had. During the chaos of the Cataclysm, he managed to fight and escape the Defias, along with the rest of the slaves, and make his way back to Stormwind, only to find almost everything has changed. Feeling a bit lost, he comes across a recruitment poster with some of the worst handwriting he's ever seen...

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-and-So. Wanting to learn more about Warcraft lore but in an RP style wherever possible.

Your favourite WoW area, and why?: Winterspring for it's serene yet wild atomosphere. Azshara had better fishing though, at least until the goblins showed up.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: My fondest moment happens to also be one of the strangest and daftest, not to mention incidental. A gnome rogue had been causing havoc with the Stormwind City Guard (RP guild on Earthern Ring, I imagine all RP servers have one though). A huge stake-out was planned to trap her within the mage district, but the crafty gnome managed to escape. Completely oblivious to this fact at the time, I was heading into the mage district for a drink after a recent fishing trip when I ran into this gnome. She drew her weapons, so I did what came naturally... I threw a 103lb Mightfish onto her. Pinned by the huge weight of fish, the guard managed to turn up a few minutes later to see a gnome trapped under a giant fish with me sitting on top of it. She kept the fish for playing along and being such a good sport. I also heard she escaped a few days later. You really can't keep a good gnome down (except with a giant fish).

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?: After hearing that Moonglade is a great server for RP, I started my character here. But knowing no one here, I figured I needed a fun, friendly guild to help me get started. With your forum recruitment poster having such awful handwriting and a crudely drawn smiley face on, I believe I would have a lot of fun here. Hopefully getting to know me, you will too!

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?: I'm friendly, helpful and honest individual who is willing to learn. I've also been told I have a great sense of humour, although my appetite for bad puns is insatiable.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes
Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: One question; are whispers considered OOC or IC?

As for the note about amount of playtime: I currently work in a Microbrewery/Pub and as such there will be times when it seems like I'm barely on at all, but other times I might seem to be always on. This entirely depends on how much help is needed on the pub front, or demand for extra beer (I mostly work in the brewery side), as well as the usual hobbies and friends, etc.

Thanks for listening! Or reading? Probably reading. *nods* Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 22 Apr 2011, 20:04

/g - IC
/o - OOC
/w - your business, we aren't fussed one way or another.

/s & /y - STRICTLY IC

and be nice on General, Trade etc.. Spamming them will make me kill a baby each time (as I can't get myself to hurt kittens).
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Toot » 22 Apr 2011, 20:12

Fishing (at least it should be a Primary Profession!)

He sounds like my kinda guy!
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Apr 2011, 21:11

Ha, I mentioned you when we chatted.

Approved, go find an officer.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 25 Apr 2011, 07:53

Sorry for not having interviewed you yet. I know you poked me several time, but I've been uber-busy this weekend as I had a couple of targets that I wanted to reach.

I wonder where the other officers are ... *glares around*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Toot » 25 Apr 2011, 11:42

He's not been online at the same time as I. I do a /who whenever I log in.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 26 Apr 2011, 01:24

Hello there!

Don't worry about it Shev, I do apologise for the over-pokage before. As for the moment, I can totally understand not many officers being around as it's easter. Infact, I will be rarely found online for this week as since it was a bank holiday today, with lovely weather and this princely wedding coming up on friday, I'll be working an awful lot. I had to nip off on Sunday too as the cellar flooded at work and some poor sap had to clean up the mess.
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 03 May 2011, 12:45

Same goes for you! I'll be around tonight if you're free (and I don't get eaten by rabid hamsters/crushed by a falling piano and/or defenstrated).
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 03 May 2011, 23:25

Bongggggggggggggg.

Forum access updated.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.