Sanseya Emberstorm

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Sanseya » 01 May 2011, 22:37

Sanseya Emberstorm

Rhyme & Punishment Application Form

::: Main Details :::

Character Name:
Sanseya
Character Gender:
female
Character Race:
Highborne (According to the game mechanics: night elf)
Character Class:
Mage
Character Level:
49 at the moment, but changing of course.

Current Main & Secondary Spec:
Arcane (no other at the moment)

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:
Skinning and Herbalism

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
She started on Moonglade.
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):
Yes! The dear Quills And Broken Bottles under the guiding hand of Moe Nimblepod.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
I have met Valenus by chance and we quested together, that was with another character though. I was delighted by his warm and open demeanor. ;)
And in order to be able to post this application, I have received the help of Serendipity. Thanks again!
But apart from that, I don't know any of you yet. I would love to change that though.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible.
I started out on a German RP-PVP server in a lovely heavy-RP guild. I enjoyed the atmosphere very much, but at some point found out that I like PVP about as much as a flat tire on my bike. I almost threw my computer out the window when some horde player killed my poor little gnome for approximately the 82nd time in approximately 38 seconds. Also I decided to try an English server instead (a decision I never regretted). That's how I came here.
On Moonglade I made the acquaintance of Quill And Broken Bottles and the character I started out with is as happy there as she was on day one. I love the members dearly, but I wanted something else for Sanseya. That something else will hopefully be you.

Is this your main or alt?:
Tough question! I don't really have an answer to that, so I will choose option three.
If by „main“ you mean „highest level“, then she is not. I have a priestess at level 83. But somehow at some point I fell in love with a) mages and b) elves. So I started out on the complicated journey of becoming an elven mage. Right now, I'd say she is my main.

Time been on Moonglade:
A few months.
Time been playing WoW:
About a year, so I started out in the middle of Wrath of the Lich King.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (21-25)
Country where you live: Germany
Your level of English: Good.
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?:
Regular I think. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends mostly on university workload.

::: RP Details :::
Ah, the fun part! That's why I am here in the first place.

Character Full Name & Surname:
Sanseya Emberstorm (mostly called "Sansa")
Character Age:
Somewhere between 3000 and 4000 years. I mean... who keeps track after the first few centuries?
Any special character traits:
She is friendly and warm, but careful and always very polite.
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is at war with? (eg. Warlocks):
She is distrustful of warlocks and even more so of Death Knights. But as a general rule, everyone gets the chance to prove his/her worth.
Brief Character History:
She is one of the returned Highborne, so strictly speaking not a night elf. (Try implementing being a night elf mage in RP... does not make sense lorewise, so this is the obvious alternative.)
She was born in exile and, hunted by the night elves until recently, travelled the world all her life without really having a home. Now that Tyrande miraculously changed her mind about her Highborne cousins, Sanseya is happy to be (if grudgingly) accepted back into elven society. She is looking for a place to call home and a community to become a family.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?:
I am neither clueless nor omniscient. If there is something I don't know but feel I should, I look it up.

Your favourite WoW area, and why?
Feralas! I love the green. For the same reason, Moonglade is a close second. When it comes to cities, I feel most at home in Darnassus, because it is so quiet and beautiful.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:
But there are so many! To pick one, I really had a wonderful evening with my guild on the other server when we went to see the rock concert in Shattrath together. It was a great night with a lot of dancing and singing and drinks and talk.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
I have the impression (and correct me please, if I'm wrong here) that Rhyme and Punishment is a very friendly and nice guild that is serious about roleplaying. You seem to be an active, friendly and respectful community which would be great for Sanseya.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Because I am a nice person, in and out of character. Because I am an experienced roleplayer who can and wants to contribute to an active and positive roleplaying atmosphere. I read your rules and agree with all of them gladly.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Of course!
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Hell yeah!

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:
I think I should specify again what I am looking for and not looking for, so that you can decide if it fits. As I said earlier, I love QBB, but I am looking for more active roleplay. Not only on certain events, but in every-day life. To my experience, 90% or more of the activity there is in the ooc-channel. But I am primarily looking for a community for Sanseya, more than for myself. Ooc-talk can be nice and all, but I am looking for a community where the bonds are between the characters just as much as (or more than) between the players.

On the topic of AddOns, I would be curious to know if you have any standards there. I found MyRolePlay and Gryphonheart Items to be a valuable asset for RP. Do you guys use that?

Also: How do you refer to your forum when talking about it in character? Your guild halls? Your guild book? Or does is not exist in RP?

I would love to get to know you further and, if you deem me worthy, to be invited for an interview.
Sanseya
Refugee

Topic/Postby Pepple » 02 May 2011, 05:21

Wonderful applications like this make me miss the server more and more.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shevron » 02 May 2011, 07:54

Sansa wrote:And in order to be able to post this application, I have received the help of Serendipity. Thanks again!

Uh yeah ... ever since I flipped the server around email's a bit busted, so not sending out confirmations.

Should get to fix it this week.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Erethas » 02 May 2011, 08:40

On the topic of AddOns, I would be curious to know if you have any standards there. I found MyRolePlay and Gryphonheart Items to be a valuable asset for RP. Do you guys use that?

We are mostly divided between FlagRSP and MyRP, so we have no standard addon we use. I am not using GHI that often, but could enable it if you have any creations to share.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Toot » 02 May 2011, 15:51

And in order to be able to post this application, I have received the help of Serendipity.
Dips, quit helping people cheat on application forms!

and Pepple. Come back!
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Sanseya » 03 May 2011, 00:32

I strongly insist that I did NOT cheat on this application! Although if you explain to me how that works, I might consider it in the future.

There are quite many things to share for someone who likes Gryphonheart Items, Erethas. A lovely machine taking "instant paintings", for example (IC camera taking screenshots with automatic emotes). Or the notebook that produces an endless supply of sheets of paper to write on. Or the many books I collected from all around Azeroth and copied into GHI, mostly on magic and history. In the guild on the other server, we had the guild codex bound as a nice book inside the game. The possibilities are quite endless.

How are things going from here? Do I wait for Serendipity or an officer to contact me in the game?
Sanseya
Refugee

Topic/Postby Fereth » 03 May 2011, 00:45

You can also poke officers online if you notice any of us around. You can also ask from members if any of the officers is hiding on an alt.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Sanseya » 03 May 2011, 01:57

Great, thanks!
Sanseya
Refugee

Topic/Postby Shevron » 03 May 2011, 08:44

Fereth wrote:You can also poke officers online if you notice any of us around. You can also ask from members if any of the officers is hiding on an alt.

Hiding is a key word there .....
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Sanseya » 03 May 2011, 11:29

Why? Are you all trying so hard to avoid me? I'm really not that horrible, I promise!
Sanseya
Refugee

Next

Return to Applications.