Skerogeth Mhoderny

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Skerogeth » 14 Aug 2011, 03:18

Skerogeth Mhoderny

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Skerogeth
Character Gender: Male
[B]Character Race:[/B] Worgen
Character Class: Druid
Character Level: 85

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Feral/Restoration

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Inscription/Herbalism

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?: Skero was born on Moonglade.
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): He is currently the leader of a now dead rp guild called the Gilnean Trust guild, he hasnt been in any other guilds, though I've been in various pve guilds such as Chaos Sky and Little Guild of Horrors.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): I know Serendipity from the guild union and a couple of chats after joining the union. Theres also a few other members I poked, I liked the members and the sound of the guild from what I saw online so I enquired about joining.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP): Gilnean Trust on moonglade(rp/casual pve), Chaos Sky on Jaednar (raiding/pve) Little Guild of Horrors on Khadgar (raiding /pve) and a few other less serious ones I cant remember... I have been through plenty of successful pre-lich king raids, some with my real life friends as the raid leaders. But I didnt join any serious raiding guilds after that and mostly soloed on and off for the fun of it. In a guild I’m usually sociable, helpful, and very chatty, I was the official (usually self appointed) guild greeter and held some together with my personality and determination alone. Though be warned I don’t take much seriously since I’m just about to have fun, and some people struggle with my highly random and slightly insane sense of humour… however this is something most people like about me. I’ve only been in one rp guild, and this is my first rping character on warcraft, but I’m a fast learner and have been rping supposedly fantastically in forums for years.

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Time been on Moonglade: Since about January 2011.
Time been playing WoW: Since near the end of Vanilla

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (21-25)
Country where you live: United kingdom
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Skerogeth Mhoderny, Skero for short.
Character Age: 28
Any special character traits: He has a gentle undertone of dwarven mingled with his common broad accent, a cheery, casual and light hearted yet passionate when it matters attitude, a well toned body with dark hair, and an unusual aptitude for shape shifting.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is at war with? (eg. Warlocks): Not hate since he can make friends with anyone and anything, but Skero is unsettled naturally by undead beings due to the Gilnean incident, his sharp sense of smell, and his druidic nature of loving life. He is also wary around shadow magic as he is very bad at using it and tends to avoid it.

Brief Character History:
Skero is a bit of an oddball as he was originally born and raised in the quiet and remote areas of Dun Morogh within a small, tight knit, hard working, old fashioned human community that was slightly nomadic. They would settle for a few months in the snowy peaks, or the low costal land when the weather was rough. When they could the people tended to nestled in a craggy pass that lead through the mountains to the sea allowing for ample fishing as well as good land and shelter for the livestock. They had a small flock of sheep they kept for wool, milk and meat, and some sturdy horses they bred to pull the carts that carried their collapsing felt tents, small stoves and other possessions. It was a hard life close to nature’s raw force which created the tough yet cheery type of people Skero lived with. As he grew up there was some speculation about what Skero could be. Some thought he could be a useful priest as he showed promising healing skills, despite the fact it was through natures power and he had a complete lack of personal interest in the light. However some others thought he would be a much better hunter of the snowy slopes with his closeness and understanding of nature and the beasts around them. Skero soon grew bored with being pulled between the two and simple daily tasks like fishing, so he set off one day to explore the world and find out what he was meant to do. He ended up mostly dropping his soft slow Dwarven accent for a more ordinary Common one as he travelled, though some Dwarven phrases and words stayed with him. Since he left he’s gotten around a lot, discovered a lot, made some friends both human and animal, and gotten in and out of plenty of trouble. He did find out he’s technically a druid, though by then he’d leant a lot of tricks himself. Theres plenty of short and moderately long stories which I cant write here since it’d take too long. However each druid form has its own story as he picked them up separately from spirits instead of simply learning how to shape shift like a normal druid. And the worgen curse came from Gilneas after he sneaked in with seal form during the chaos. However he also found a good friend and a lover there, so it was a balanced trip which is currently being written up by the friend. The whole story like any of his tales is available on questioning, most of it is in MRP, though it changes to another text wall with each different form. In human form it also has short stories (a few sentences long) about most of his mounts and companion pet collection. This is just because I could, and my mind was writing the story while I acquired or watched the mini pet as it does with everything.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-and-so, I'm well aware that my rp stories border outside wow lore, though I made sure it could possibly exist in the world and havent had any complaints so far. However if I'm not allowed to stretch my imagination outside the set-in-stone warcraft lore borders I'll have to change some details...

Your favourite WoW area, and why?: There are many places I love and have plenty of memories about, but I think I’d have to pick Darkshore, I have very fond memories of it, and I feel more at home in rugged, stormy, forested, costal areas.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: A very random rp adventure with my girlfriend and a male friend into Darkshore discovering its hidden areas…

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?: I liked the people and what I saw of the atmosphere

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?: Because I’m charming and asked nicely? Also I like to think I would contribute to the guild through my resolve to help members like I would my own family.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: Not at the moment, if I have any someone will know about it soon…
Skerogeth

Topic/Postby Toot » 14 Aug 2011, 09:25

More Druids are always welcome in my opinion. Seems to be a class we're lacking in.
Even if Toot's starting to get old and starting to complain about what the Alliance is coming too, first the undead join, now "crazy" Worgen.

I like the idea of a nomad tribe, even though it is a little "far fetched." That bothers me not.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Fereth » 14 Aug 2011, 17:27

My only problem with the story is the character becoming a druid on its own before getting the worgen curse itself is druidic origin. The Gilneans were able to become druids only after the Night Elves took them under their guidance and taught them. Gilneans also had some primal pagan magic to help them grow their crops that was very druidlike in nature. However, I don't see a problem why your character couldn't have possessed similar magic even before coming across Gilneas if he was so affiliated with nature.

I'm not going to say what you should do with your characters story and there is nothing wrong with going outside the lore borders as long as you can justify it well enough. I just don't see how a human would have been able to come to master shapeshifting prior to getting the worgen curse.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 14 Aug 2011, 23:18

I had a poke around on Wowiki, seems that it's implied by the Gilnean Druid quests that they had some limited ability before the curse.

Linkee!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Fereth » 15 Aug 2011, 00:25

To my knowledge they were druids more in the same sense as there have been druids in our history. They could affect nature and heal, and most likely that is kind of magic most humans can have if they are enough attuned to the nature.

Regarding learning how to shape shift the original quests for different shapeshift forms included visiting animal spirits that gave their secret knowledge of the animal form and only after that you could use the form. Even though class quests are not part of the game anymore I would assume that visiting the spirits of each animal forms are something that druids still have to do, just like your druid has done.

Of course I do not know your whole story so I can't say if it's valid or not, but the shapeshifting is something I just wish you to be at least aware of.
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Skerogeth » 21 Sep 2011, 00:13

Sorry I havent responded for a while, rather awkwardly my girlfriend has decided to try and resurrect my old guild now that shes the guild leader. -.- So I'll be staying there a little while longer to see how that plays out, but I'd like to keep this application on hold since at the moment I dont hold much hope for my old guild. And theres some drama with health in my family, but I'll still try to keep up with this guilds fun bar events.

In answer to the problem he did have to go through some sort of adventure to gain the shapeshift form through the use of spirit animals, (like the original quests) he didnt just turn into a cat one day. It gives every form a bit of a back story too. I'm definitely aware of it now, thanks for helping me with that weak spot.
Skerogeth

Return to Applications.