Valos

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Valos » 14 Jan 2012, 02:06

Valos

Main Details

Valos, male, paladin/vindicator, Draenei/Eredar, lvl 85.
Jewelcrafter and miner with a protection and retribution spec.
He was born on the Balnazzar server a long time ago but when me and my beloved decided to find an RP server he moved too Moonglade.

On Balnazzar he was part of Athan and here on Moonglade he has only been part of the Light of Argus. The light of Argus was a Draenei only RP guild who are now unfortunately inactive.

I would claim Valos is my main, however I am an hopeless altoholic. But Valos have by far the most extensive storyline.

I do not remember when I transferd Valos to moonglade I am afraid. It was quite some time ago but otherwise I have been playing since Vanilla release day.

Player OOC Details

I am 28 years old, living in Sweden. I speak and (for some reason think) English but i do have a light form of dyslexia which leaves my spelling lacking.
I would guess that I have gone from a hopeless addict to a regular player. Or maybe I wish I have. Everything is relative.

RP Details

Valos Crystalsteel, contrary to most Draenei he has a surname. It was required of him at the time he registered as a citizen of Stormwind. He took a nickname given to him by the young-lings he teach to earn his keep.
He does not count his summers but visually he would be interpreted to be in the upper half of middle-age.

He has fairly recently sworn his service to the Knights of the Silver hand, would they call upon him he will fulfill his duties. Therefore he shares the enemies of the order. However it is those same duties that keeps him from striking down the undead Ebon knights that cross his path. They have the kings protection and therefor also his. But that does not mean he must like it. Living deathknights are less of a problem, they can earn their respect, but the undead are abominations to life it self. Neither is he very found of warlocks, but he respects their knowledge of demons. Other then that he holds a special grudge against the orcs, something that will be explained later.

Char history: I will try to be brief but I am not good at that.
Born on Dreanor and raised in a village on the edge of Terrokar forest Valos was destined to a life as a cleric in the Temple of Karabor. He wished for nothing and spent his days meditating and fulfilling his tasks within the temple. At times, mostly in the summers his sister Naurii visited him. But then demonic taint corrupted the orcs. The temple fell and Valos was thrown into the dungeons where he stayed. Occasionally, when the jailers where bored, he was tortured. The years passed and three things kept him alive. The memory of his sister, his meditation and a growing desire for vengeance. When finally the blood demonlord where spilled by Illidans blade and his pet orcs where decimated by naga and Akama's broken force he was released. But almost immediately Valos sensed that this enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he withdrew too the warcamps outside, regained his strength as quickly as he possibly could and fled. He had been isolated and new nothing of the chaos that reigned on Dreanor. Burnt out Dreanic settlements, twisted demonic creatures everywhere and the entire world itself shattered. The more he learned of this new nightmare lands the more his thirst for vengeance slowly faded. Through meditation and contemplation he realized that this was worse then any of the tales from Argus and a crime that could never be avenged. Even the loss of his beloved sister faded in comparison. But something must be done, and he had studied the ways of the Vindicators in theory within the temple of Karabor, and started to apply the theoretic techniques to his own meditation. Combined with the skills he was forced to learn to survive alone in the wilderness he started walking the Vindicators path.

(Skipping a large part, how he later on found a proper teacher among the Aldor, "graduated" etc)

His thirst for vengeance had been replaced by a dedication to defend this new world from Dreanors fate. Thus when completing his training with the Aldor he journeyed through the portal to Azeroth. At first he found it hard to adapt to the new cultures and found his way to the Exodar, there he amazingly was reunited with his sister who had survived. Overwhelmed by gratitude he pledged his service to the order responsible for bringing them back together. They where called the Light of Argus. But slowly he noticed that there were insurmountable ideological differences between the order and him. When the Ebon knights where accepted by King Wrynn Valos where chocked and shortly after one of the abominations where allowed to join the Light of Argus. More followed and Valos, in agreement with his Exarch moved out of the guild halls and settled in Stromwind where he resides today. He earns his keep training the young-lings within the Knights of the Silver hand in meditation and after a recent campaign in Kalimdor he has received an honorary position among them. He seldom wear the Knights colors, other then with the young-lings, but the right to do so is about the extent of the privileges his status allows.
He spends his free time wandering the city and observing the fascinating people with whom he shares his new home. It was when he realized this that he came to one last conclusion which finally gave him peace of mind like he had in the Karabor temple. He was not exiled, this world was his home and he stopped referring to his race as a Draenei and started calling himself Eredar.

Favorite area
A good question. I am not sure, Visually it must be Nagrand, but I think I like the quests best in western and eastern plaguelands. (not vanilla, the new setup)

RP moment
I can not say anything other then that my favorite RP moment is the next one.

Why RnP?
I would claim that the Light of Argus has been inactive for about eight months now. And I take switching guilds very seriously, when I join I stay. Now however I miss the RP opportunities a little to much. And seeing the possibilities my beloved has with the Handmaidens of Elune have urged me to look for a new guild. From what I remember form RP with members of RnP (I dont remember any names, it was long ago) I can only recall good things. It came down to an application between the Quill and broken bottles and Rhyme and Punishment. After reading the forums it appeared that RnP where a bit more serious and that tipped the scales.

Why me?
I only think you should consider me as a member if the application has made you curious. I love creating detailed stories, rich backgrounds and fiddle with possibilities outside the in game constrictions but still fit in the wast world that is Warcraft. Given that Valos does not have the most original background, but he is still the one with the most work done around him.
As for me as a person I am fairly insane, but I in a friendly way.

Meetings and events
Guild meetings, yes. Events, yes.
Real life comes first and my beloved recently came home from a NUSS operation in Germany, but yes. Events and guild meetings is why I am writing this.

Questions too you. I do have some.

Does RnP have a background story, a reason for being or such?
If so could I please be pointed in the direction of a thread containing it?
I have not scoured your forums looking for one, but I am mostly curious. It would be fun if Valos could have a RP reason to join if you wish to consider him/me.

What are your policies for members alts?

What level would your average "realism scale" be on?
For exampel, if I did not adabpt my RP to the people I play with (which I gladly do): A human turning into a Worgen in front of most of my chars eyes would freak them out.

An undead deathknight fiddling with his rotting flesh, or bringing up a ghoul on an social event would probably either make them puke, flee or want to kill him.

A mage using portalmagic to transfer socks from his drawer, my chars would consider an extreme misuse of magic. Even for IC travel all of my chars would refuse to use a portal unless life and death was on the line. (To shorten the waiting time for an event would work, but then ofc acting as if you traveled.)

Are you using the in game scale of the world or a realistic one IC? That is, is there on your events and IC a 15 sec ride between Goldshire and Stormwind or a 2-3 day travel?

I would guess that is about it.
Have a nice... ehm what ever day/time it is when who ever you are are reading this. And cudos for pushing all the way through, now its finally over.
Unless you only scrolled all the way down to see how long it was, in that case, page up you lazy bum! No cudos for you.
Valos
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 14 Jan 2012, 18:55

'Tis a good looking application!

I'm a little busy now, but I'll dig out my fine toothed comb in the morning and get cracking.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Valos » 14 Jan 2012, 19:16

I have been waiting for eight months to find somewhere to call home.
No need to hurry, I am a very patient man.
Valos
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 17 Jan 2012, 23:06

Ok, finally managed to get my sorry arse in gear on this.

'Tis a good application, you obviously know your Draenei lore a fair bit. One thing, though, wouldn't it be a bit of a taboo in Draenic society to refer to oneself as an Eredar? 'Tis more a question than a criticism.

Also, on the subject of guilds, QBB and RnP are actually fairly similar in outlook. We're older and I suspect have more perks, but QBB are good folks nonetheless.

Okee, onto your rather extensive list o' questions:

Does RnP have a background story, a reason for being or such?
If so could I please be pointed in the direction of a thread containing it?
I have not scoured your forums looking for one, but I am mostly curious. It would be fun if Valos could have a RP reason to join if you wish to consider him/me.

The background, while not set in stone, is as follows:

Rhyme and Punishment was originally a guild of warrior poets, but in recent times has evolved into more a citizen militia charged with protecting Stormwind from threats, within and without. This often doesn't require battle, but patrolling the surrounding areas, trying to keep spirits up and looking after the returning soldiers. That doesn't mean we don't fight, though, and in the past participated in events, such as the current Gilneas thingy and wargames with the Mithril Guard.

What are your policies for members alts?

Generally it goes with length of membership, but is flexible. Just not too many!

What level would your average "realism scale" be on?
For exampel, if I did not adabpt my RP to the people I play with (which I gladly do): A human turning into a Worgen in front of most of my chars eyes would freak them out.

An undead deathknight fiddling with his rotting flesh, or bringing up a ghoul on an social event would probably either make them puke, flee or want to kill him.

A mage using portalmagic to transfer socks from his drawer, my chars would consider an extreme misuse of magic. Even for IC travel all of my chars would refuse to use a portal unless life and death was on the line. (To shorten the waiting time for an event would work, but then ofc acting as if you traveled.)

Members are fairly receptive to outside influences, as long as they're not lore breaking or otherwise ridiculous. Certainly I'll play along with more or less anything as long as it's not offensive or idiotic.

You might grow to dislike Dipity's blatant misuse of magic, though..... *cough*

Are you using the in game scale of the world or a realistic one IC? That is, is there on your events and IC a 15 sec ride between Goldshire and Stormwind or a 2-3 day travel?

Honestly, it's something I've never really considered. Distance is mutable, so it depends on the situation, but normally we consider it in 'game terms'. If a couple of members are wandering around, we'll usually just walk it and not bother with mounts. In the case of a character arriving from afar, we'll usually refer to it as a longer journey.

Any more questions, well, fire away. But other than that, good application and poke an officer for an interview.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Valos » 18 Jan 2012, 09:48

Hello again.

Yes, the subject of Eredar is taboo. But my thought is this:
Several generations of Draenei where born on Dreanor and they where spread all over the planet. There already are different factions formed around different groups that moved out of Nagrand where the Osh'gun crashed. Why would they, who never experienced Argus, feel like they where exiled? And some, the group that Valos was originally part of, decided enough was enough. This is our home now, we are not exiled anymore. Therefore we can not refer to our people as such. But what shall we be called?
Rather then create a new name for their people and both distance them self from their comrades and suggesting that the tainted Eredar was not part of their history they decided to retake their real name.
They argued: The fallen Eredar who where corrupted by the demonic taint are part of our history equally so as our righteous brethren. As we honor the light within us we shall never forget our faults. Thus we are Eredar.

Guild background
Well, that should work. Valos has spent a lot of time doing little in Stomwind. And the Knights of the Silver hand (since you cant interact with them) appears to have little interest in Valos other then the duties he already caries out. To join a band of poet warriors would be quite logical for him. Nice too know I can combine it with him if I am invited.

I have no more questions atm, if some arise I shall fire.
And I shall keep a lookout for an officer online and we shall see what happens.

//Robin
Valos
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Valos » 18 Jan 2012, 22:12

I was invited this evening after an interesting blue recluse meeting.
Now what would be nice is to gain access to the forums. I have something to share, I wrote a post contemplating scale quite a while ago. Might be something your members would find enlightening.
Valos
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 18 Jan 2012, 23:56

Clonk! Case closed.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Jan 2012, 08:02

*Clonk noise echoes*
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.