Derzak "Elder" Omnibolt

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Derzak » 19 Mar 2012, 03:11

Professor Derzak Omnibolt

================================================

Rhyme & Punishment Application Form

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Derzak
Character Gender: M
Character Race: Gnome
Character Class: Warlock
Character Level: 85

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Demonology & Destruction

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Mining & Tailoring

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?

Derzak was born in Moonglade. He lives here for more than five years.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):

Right now, Derzak is guildless. Previous guilds I can currently remember are:
Sunshine (pre-WotLK guild, disbanded), Rise and Fall (raiding guild, disbanded), The Lions (disbanded), Lords of something I can't remember (disbanded), Quill and Broken Bottles (disbanded recently).

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):

Serendipity, Shevron, Erethas and many others that I can't recall their names. (I'm the worst when it comes to storing names in my brain)

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):

Sunshine was a casual PvE guild. Rise and Fall was more of a hardcore raiding guild, just like The Lords of something. The Lions were a social/Casual PvE guild. Quill and Broken Bottles (as you know) was a Roleplaying guild.

Is this your main or alt?: He is my main.

Time been on Moonglade: Must have been around 5 years.
Time been playing WoW: Mid Burning Crusade, just one year before WotLK

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 16-20
Country where you live: Greece
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: I have been quite inactive lately, but that's due to moving away for college. I believe I will be able to be online regularly.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Professor Derzan Omnibolt
Character Age: 144
Any special character traits: Derzak is a polymath. He hunts knowledge of all kinds, ranging from the dangerous art of demonology to the equally dangerous art of blowing stuff up. Still, he means no harm to anyone, and he does everything "for science". Sometimes, he might overreact over small things and, other times, act immature, but he actually is quite intelligent!
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Anything that threatens innocent lives or tries to steal my cookies

Brief Character History:

Derzak was born in Gnomeregan. He grew up in laboratories, among books, tools and fancy gadgets. Entering adulthood, he already was one of the most intelligent engineers around Gnomeregan, which made it easy for him to become the youngest member of the Association of High Engineers. However, years later, for reasons unknown, he was kicked from the Association and exiled from Gnomeregan. This, however, proved to be a blessing. After a few days, Gnomeregan was overrun by troggs and radiation clouds. He lost most of his family members and friends. Although his family's fate was heartbreaking, he continued mastering his engineering skills, until there was nothing more to learn. He begun studying subjects irrelevant to engineering, from cooking and tailoring, to summoning demons and blowing them up. He is currently stationed at one of his underground engineering labs, just below [REDACTED], although he wanders around Azeroth and gives a helping hand against forces that threaten the world from time to time.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?:

I know quite a large amount of the Warcraft lore, although I do feel I'm lacking on some subjects.

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Zangarmarsh. The dark, yet colorful environment of this area, the over-grown glowing mushrooms, the alien beasts that live there make it one of my favourite zones.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:

I had hundrends of amazing RP moments and It's hard to choose among them. Maybe that one time at the Vindication Ball, when Derzak, Beedle and Moe had their own little play about that exploding sheep!

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?

Apart from the fact that most of the members are some really, really great roleplayers (possibly some of the best), after QBB disbanded I really had to find another family to fill that void (I know, it sounded dramatic, right?).

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?

Ah, the hardest question. I'm really bad at complimenting myself.
I'm quite an experienced roleplayer. I also have some experience on PvE. I'm friendly, never rage over in-game matters and... Well, that's it.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:

Naah. Hey, it's a living egg! :nariac:

================================================
Derzak

Topic/Postby Shevron » 19 Mar 2012, 09:08

What? Quill disbanded? D:
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Derzak » 19 Mar 2012, 12:58

Unfortunately, yes. It happened weeks after Moe left, most core members were inactive and the new guild leader decided to disband it. *sad panda*
Derzak

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 19 Mar 2012, 14:36

Raaawr! Nice application.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Derzak » 19 Mar 2012, 16:52

Why, thank you. I do see myself a few mistakes here and there that I'm trying to fix, but that was to be expected since I wrote the whole thing between 3:00-4:00a.m.

EDIT: I also forgot that I changed my title from Elder to Professor ages ago. Dear me.
Derzak

Topic/Postby Toot » 19 Mar 2012, 21:42

Sorry, our Gnome Warlock slot is taken!

No... wait... perhaps a brother in arms? Yessss. I like this.

Let him in, especially if he likes fishing and has a magnificent beard!
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Derzak » 19 Mar 2012, 22:21

Of course I love fishing! My Fisherman's Fishing Pole "Fishstick" Series 6000 was designed purely for my passion for fishing (and maybe the inability of my felguard to bring me that can of Kaja'Cola from the kitchen when I asked him to).
Derzak

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Mar 2012, 23:25

Looks good to me. Grab an officer in game, I suspect one of them would be happy for a chat!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.