Liandrix Emmot

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 23 May 2012, 14:09

Liandrix Emmot

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Liandrix
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Mage
Character Level: 85

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Arcane (main/PVE) & Frost (PVP)

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Herbalism & alchemy + First aid & Archeology

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)? I started this character on Moonglade

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): The most recent guild I was in was "Haven".

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): Mistella

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible.: I was mainly in RP guilds although I always liked to do some PVE too. With a few guilds in the past I even combined RP with PVP and PVE at times.

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Time been on Moonglade: There is no way I could accurately tell you. I moved to this server after getting tired of the RPPVP server Ravenhold I was on at first, and created this character. When exactly I did it ... I have no clue.

Time been playing WoW: Since WoW patch 1.1, although I must admit that I have never played for more than a year in a row.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 21-25
Country where you live: The Netherlands
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: I’ve been all three at one point, but lately I’m usually online during the weekends although you may see me during a weekday or two extra.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Character Age: Old & Unknown (Liandrix has forgotten his own age)
Any special character traits: Liandrix has a fondness for lore. He possesses great magical talent, but rarely chooses to use it, favoring instead to solve problems with his mind rather than his stave. Liandrix dislikes combat, and shall reluctantly participate should it be necessary.

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Liandrix severely loathes abuse of magic and harbors a certain hate and fear of warlocks, despising their - in his opinion - dangerous and pointless magic, believing that the world would be better off without them.

Brief Character History:

Loremaster Liandrix was a court mage of Stormwind around the time when the rise of the horde ended. He distinguished himself at a young age by drawing strategic conclusions out of limited information allowing Stormwind a few victories they might otherwise never had.

He remained in this position until tasked with the destruction of the Dark Portal, and stopping the invasion of Azeroth by Kil'jaeden. Reluctantly, Liandrix left his wife Catherine in Stormwind and departed for what is now called the Blasted Lands.

The project failed, and the group of soldiers and mages that had accompanied Liandrix were slaughtered to a man. Liandrix himself was taken by the Shadow Council. A few months after Liandrix vanished the Orcs laid siege to Stormwind.
It is not known how the events are linked but shortly after Stormwind fell, Liandrix suddenly reappeared in the smoking ruins of his old home, severely wounded, dressed in nothing but ripped pieces of clothing and muttering his wife's name over and over again.

It would take years before he changed back to normal, and the only known facts that he revealed then were that he had been interrogated by the Shadow Council, and that his wife was dead. He could not remember much of his past anymore, and had forgotten his own age.

It was later discovered that he had been taken to the southern region of the blasted lands to the area now known as The Red Reaches, where a mountain once graced its shores, right before Liandrix returned.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-and-so, although I learn more each day and it greatly interests me. (might be a fun idea to test me how much I know in-game sometime)

Your favourite WoW area, and why?: Loch Modan was always my favourite place (before Deathwing had his way with it). I liked its looks and it held plenty of RP moments for me in the past.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: I once (before the expansions) played a part in one of the biggest RPPVP events I’ve ever seen. The event was held in the barrens and the entire realm seemed to have been in on it (and the realm was pretty full). It was basically a huge fight with some RP in between and after. The event lasted a good five hours and the best thing was that it all started out as nothing but a random brawl between a few alliance and horde players who were simply PVPing a little.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?: I was looking for a bit more serious RP that was also more lore-related. Most guilds I encountered were either dropping a lot of RP, or simply becoming less active.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?: I think I’ll be a good addition to the RP of the guild and I’m also a good teammate to have in an instance of almost any kind.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: Has Deathwing - from the guilds point of view - actually been defeated yet or are you upholding the threat until the start of the new expansion?
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 May 2012, 14:20

Liandrix wrote:
Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: Has Deathwing - from the guilds point of view - actually been defeated yet or are you upholding the threat until the start of the new expansion?

Darn good question! I'll let Dips answer that.

As for your comment about the guild becoming less active, I don't want you to be disappointed, but we ourselves going through the quiet period right now.

New expansion on the horizon, Cataclysm over, and frankly a lot of people bored of WoW until Pandaria comes our way, and Diablo 3 didn't help either.

But this is normal, and things will start gearing up again once the changes in the shadow of the looming expansion start rolling.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 23 May 2012, 15:20

I consider him to be dead! There's a bit of him in Stormwind that's quite hard to miss.... Short of considering him to have chunks cut off, I don't see how he can still be alive.

Activity is a little up and down at the mo'.... It's busiest during events, but there's usually at least a few people lurking around somewhere.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Erethas » 23 May 2012, 17:00

Deathwing will always live on in our hearts. After all, aren't we all a little bit like Deathwing?
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 26 May 2012, 13:13

Weirdly, we ended out in the Mount Hyjal raid last night.

Wholeheartedly approved, grab an officer for an interview (and have a nice birthday).
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 31 May 2012, 00:57

Weeeeell.... I'm not around from now until Monday at the earliest. So keep your eyes out for an officer, otherwise I'll grab you when I'm back.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Toot » 01 Jun 2012, 21:06

Interviewed him today. Seems like a nice chap. He's in the guild complete with his introductory pack.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 01 Jun 2012, 23:46

Including a Toot-Plushie!
"The motivation to study the Arcane should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.."

~ Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 02 Jun 2012, 12:53

Okee, forums stuff updated using the powaaaah of my phone! Have fun.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.