Saelwyn Grumwald

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Saelwyn » 07 Oct 2012, 16:44

Saelwyn Grumwald

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Saelwyn Grumwald
Character Gender: Female
Character Race: Dwarf
Character Class: Rogue
Character Level: 85

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Assassination and subtlety.

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: I don't really have any professions to speak of.

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transfer? I'm transferring this character from Argent Dawn, although this character was originally made on Moonglade.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in: Not many, actually, I tend to just roleplay in unofficial groups of friends and people I've bumped into and adventured with in-character. Those I can remember are the Peddlers; the Legitimate Business Club and The Defias Brotherhood (MG).

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP?: I don't think I know any of you (beyond knowing of you), no.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible.: Most of the guilds I've been in have been small, fairly structure-less affairs where everyone pitches in and takes on the responsibility of creating and adding to roleplay. I've also had a hand at officer roles before and while I've led some guilds, I don't think that's what I was particularly suited to.

Is this your main or alt?: Main.

Time been on Moonglade: I'd been on Moonglade for much of vanilla, currently for a few days.
Time been playing WoW: Since vanilla, off and on.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (16-20)
Country where you live: United Kingdom
Your level of English: Good.
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular, dependent on university work-load.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Saelwyn Grumwald
Character Age: 104
Any special character traits:
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with?: Not beyond the Horde.
Brief Character History:

The Grumwalds are an Ironforge family steeped in a rich tradition for baking of the highest standard. Indeed, whilst it couldn't be said that the family's pasties and pies are the best in the entirety of the city, the view that the family business' finger-licking treats are the best option for Dwarves and Gnomes not wanting to be horrendously out of pocket has gone relatively unchallenged over the years.

While thoughts of self-fulfilling prophecies and pie-dispensing dynasties were obviously some source of pressure for the young Dwarf, it was in fact her inherent sense of adventurousness - rather than her family - that drove her to as wild and usually as inadvisable a decision as to join the circus (or close enough, anyway).

A carny at the 'Brightmoon Faire', a lazily imagined copycat of its overwhelmingly more successful (and legitimate) namesake, Saelwyn adopted the crushing responsibility of attraction construction and management during her short-lived travelling fairground career, a role cut tragically short by fires and mysterious insurance pay-outs.

Inexplicably, the experience she'd garnered with the faire was seen as ample preparation for the job of junior overseer for an Alterac-based mining company with an absurdly high employee fatality rate.

Later spearheading efforts to cash in on the 'new found' frontier of Northrend, shortly after the Alliance's invasion, Saelwyn saw an end to her employment come with the associated horrors of sending teams of men to mine saronite on uninterrupted shifts.

Suitably distressed by having worked young men and women into a state of violent madness, Saelwyn abandoned all notions of seeking re-employment within the industry and instead established a repair, maintenance and construction company that flourished off the back of the Cataclysm.

Recent times have seen her bankroll a series of ghost-written travel books (starring herself) in a Brann Bronzebeard fashion that have recently found their niche among the bored and notoriously unfussy sailors market, as well as heralding the establishment of a so-called tour operators that oversees the expeditions of the painfully rich to places they really oughtn't be going.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-so.

Your favourite WoW area, and why? Probably the Grizzly Hills, I've always been fond of that sort of frontiersman feel that Northrend sometimes conveyed.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: I particularly enjoyed a story a friend and I ran in the Lord of the Rings Online for a couple of years about the pair's journey to Rivendell (and beyond) after the death of a mutual friend. It was a really simple premise but using the environment and through making adventure-like quests regularly (as well as involving random travelers) it was just really satisfying and helped develop the characters immensely.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?: I've reached a point where I'm not playing as much as I once did (before various breaks) and where I'm looking at the game from a different perspective. I think I'd just enjoy a roleplay-centric atmosphere with friendly people rather than just limiting myself to people who fit a particular theme or something along those lines, I'd like to branch out and re-engage with the game (and get back into roleplay).

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?: While I don't think I'll instantly be popping things out left, right and center, I'd like to think that I'll be able to contribute with my style of roleplay and my method of spontaneous and free-flowing events and activities.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes.
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: I'd love to.

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: Not that I can think of, I might edit this if anything springs to mind in the short-term.
Saelwyn
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 08 Oct 2012, 16:10

Darn nice application.

Seek any of the officers ingame, and we'll settle for an interview.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 14 Oct 2012, 00:38

Clonk, taken care of. Welcome!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Return to Applications.