Elassaring Timekeeper

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Elassaring » 22 Jan 2013, 15:30

Elassaring Timekeeper

Rhyme & Punishment Application Form

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Elassaring Timekeeper
Character Gender: Female
Character Race: Night Elf
Character Class: Hunter
Character Level: 24 and rising!

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Main= BM Secondary = N/A (but probably MM for the silencing shot)

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Herbalism and Skinning

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)? Started on Moonglade

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):

No guild right now, been a part of many guilds that I was sad to leave. I've just moved to England from Canada, and had to make the decision to abandon my NA toons (3 lvl 85s and many other alts) for the sake of a reasonable timezone and less lag, as the EU and NA games are entirely separate from each other. My Guilds were The Knights who say Ni, The Sleepless Knights, Honour and Glory.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): Nope, I'm a stranger!

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):

2 of them were hardcore raiders, but I wasn't great at it so I ended up being more of a cheerleader. The other was a casual lvling guild just there for the sociability. I've always wanted to RP but there were very few guilds on NA servers that took it seriously, so I'm a bit of a n00b (though I've done D&D type games irl)

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Time been on Moonglade: a week or two
Time been playing WoW: Since BC

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: 25-30 (26)
Country where you live: England via the Great White North
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular broaching on addict.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Elassaring Timekeeper
Character Age: 167
Any special character traits: Semi-blind = better hearing and other senses
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): As a Night Elf she has a healthy distrust of mages and warlocks, but less so than most her kind due to her upbringing.

Brief Character History:

Born and raised on Northrend by her archaeologist mother who dedicated her life to learning the secrets of the Titans. The halls of Ulduar were her nursery, and dwarfs her only playmates - named Timekeeper by her Dwarven 'Uncles' because she was just that, the one who kept track of the time while the others attempted to disarm the many timed traps and mechanisms. She also had to remind the "adults" of the time, like when to eat and when to sleep. She spent much of her youth ranging the snowy wilds of the Stormpeaks and while still a very young elf was caught in a lightening storm - the combination of light and snow led to snowblindness. Has returned to Kalimdor to learn more about her people and the rest of 'normal' society.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: So-so, I try to keep the lore in my head, but it never seems to stick.

Your favourite WoW area, and why? Zangarmarsh - I love the flora and fauna (such pretty pets for hunters) and the music there is just beautiful. Grizzly Hills is a close second for the music alone.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: My ex-girlfiend and I used to RP just the two of us. We had a Frodo/Sam thing going on with our gnomes, and we played out the whole journey to Mount Doom (Blackrock Mountain) It was awesome :)

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? Of the RP guilds I researched R&P seemed the most.... shall we say free-spirited, which best fits my somewhat irreverant and unusual elf - she's not much for piety.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member? I'm good for a laugh, I've got a creative brain, and I can think on my feet - also I've been told I have a cute accent ;)

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: Are you ready to ruuuuuuuuuumble? Also, how do you think battle pets fit into RPing?
Elassaring

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 23 Jan 2013, 00:48

Heya! Seems like a nice application.

As for the battle pets fitting in the RPing, I don't think we've talked about that issue. I'd say they're "not part" of the lore and just a game inside a game. But if properly roleplayed, I suppose it could be justified as an activity.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 23 Jan 2013, 01:34

I don't see why not.

Also, props for not applying via the guild finder! It's amazing how many people can't read....
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Jan 2013, 09:23

Serendipity wrote:Also, props for not applying via the guild finder! It's amazing how many people can't read....

Seconded!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 24 Jan 2013, 23:04

I only have one question. A Night Elf born in Northrend kinda boggles me. There's no evidence of a Kaldorei community thriving in Northrend post-Sundering. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just trying to understand your background a little bit better.

(PS: I'm a lore fan so I like these things!)
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Elassaring » 25 Jan 2013, 16:26

Crazy is my background!

Alwynn wrote:I only have one question. A Night Elf born in Northrend kinda boggles me. There's no evidence of a Kaldorei community thriving in Northrend post-Sundering. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just trying to understand your background a little bit better.

(PS: I'm a lore fan so I like these things!)

So here is my concept:

Elassaring's family tree has always had a little bit of crazy in it, her Grandmother of the same name was a fearsome warrior who was in the War of the Ancients, which left her a little broken. Elassaring's mother Lirayel inherited that craziness and then some from her Quel'dorei father.

She kept some semblance of sanity up until her Druid lifemate went into the Emerald Dream. Left on her own she became obsessed with protecting the Kaldorei and their greatly diminished population. She was fascinated by the idea of "creating" more Kaldorei in great numbers in the way that the first Kaldorei were transformed from one of the races first created by the Titans.

As little remained of history from before the Kaldorei were Kaldorei, Lirayel became obsessed with learning all she could about the Titans. This led to a foolish and solitary journey to the Northrend continent. When no one heard from her for a couple centuries they gave her up for dead.

Lirayel remained isolated searching the ruins of Ulduar and other locations for Titan secrets. About 170 years ago she began to despair that she would be able to complete her quest even in her lengthy lifetime and so returned to Darnassus to conceive a child that she could raise as an apprentice.

Which gives us Elassaring II, who was raised by her mother in isolation for a time, before a contingent of dwarf archaeologists arrived in Ulduar and began sharing in Lirayel's work, both the archaeology and the raising of her child.

I have lots more detail in my head, but I think that answers your question about why she is from Northrend.

It's outside of established lore - but is off the beaten track enough that it's something no one would have noted, so is plausible I think. If you see any conflicts with established lore, please let me know as I'm all about accurate story telling. Elassaring and Lirayel are based on old toons that I've had to abandon over the years - Eassaring the first was my tank who got hacked and Lirayel is my hunter back on my NA account.

Also, P.S. I'm lvl 32 now! :C
Elassaring

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 25 Jan 2013, 17:46

Seems like a nice concept. Original, I'd say. I'm fine with it as you seem to have a solid background.
Yet:
About 170 years ago she began... ...and so returned to Darnassus to conceive a child that she could raise as an apprentice.

There was no Teldrassil/Darnassus til much later (It was only formed after the Third War which was about 10 to 15 years ago)
I suppose you'd only need the change the conceiving location to Ashenvale for example.

Anywaaaaaaay, poke an officer online for an in-game interview maaaaadness!
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 27 Jan 2013, 00:55

I'll be around for the Moonrise tomorrow in some shape or form. Thinking of taking a character that will create a bit of a stir....
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.