Thistle

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Thistle » 24 May 2013, 23:37

Thistle

::: Main Details :::

Character Name:
Thistle Waterborn

Character Gender:
Female

Character Race:
Draenei

Character Class:
Paladin

Character Level:

Current Main & Secondary Spec:
Main spec - Retribution; Off-spec - holy.

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:
Miner/Jewelcrafter

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
I'm proud to say that I've been on Moonglade more or less from the outset in one form or another! I have alts on other RP servers, but none that I play regularly.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):
Heh, I doubt I can remember all of them! I was a part of Icecoast back in Vanilla. From there I moved onto The Academy with Trixie et al. After that I moved on to Ebon Flame. That was about 3 years ago. Those are the main ones, anyway!

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
Certainly can't claim to have been referred or recommended by anyone, but I would imagine that there might be some who remember my mage Kathrynn who might vouch for me.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):
All my guilds have been RP. Although role-play no longer has the draw for me that it once did, I don't think I would ever join a guild that didn't have some form of RP. I have taken part in raiding alliances before now, and these days, due to limited time online, I get my raiding kicks through the joys of LFR *twitch*

Is this your main or alt?:
At the moment, an alt. That said, I haven't found my mage at all satisfying to play during MOP and she languishes at level 88. She is still a part of Ebon Flame, and unless they decide they'd rather not have me there, I plan to keep her there. Love those guys! My other significant alt is Telemar, a resto shaman who is fully geared in LFR stuffs.

Time been on Moonglade:
Began playing in November '05 on Moonglade. Never looked back.

Time been playing WoW: (Since Vanilla / Burning Crusade / WotLK / Cataclysm / MoP)
See above. Been here since Vanilla.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket:
(30-35)

Country where you live:
England (Manchester, but don't hold it against me.)

Your level of English:
As good as a filthy northern monkey can be.

What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?:
I'm a primary school teacher, so my time online is limited. In general I play on a weekend when I'm not buried in marking and planning, and more than that during school holidays. I'd say on average about 1-2 evenings a week.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname:
Thistle Waterborn

Character Age:

Any special character traits:
A propensity towards ale...

Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks):
Thistle will be friends with anyone who buys her a beer.

Brief Character History: Thistle came to Stormwind several years ago. She knew no-one and thought that frequenting local ale-houses might be a good way to make friends. She fell in with a fellow paladin called Kalanthes, who was once a paladin of great repute, but latterly had become rather more fond of good food, good wine and the company of less-than-good women. Being relatively young and inclined to idolise role-models, Thistle swiftly fell into habits not befitting a paladin. She has never really fallen out of those habits, but these days she tempers her appetite for the good things in life by killing things in Pandaria in the name of the Light and a decent bottle of vino...

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: (Very / So-and-so / no clue)
So so. Draenei are certainly not my strong point when it comes to lore and I'm always happy to learn more, especially if her character is completely out of character for someone of her race..if you see what I mean...

Your favourite WoW area, and why?
I love Scholomance. The story of the place and the creepy old building - doesn't get much more atmospheric than that. Had some great RP runs through back in the day.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:
Heh, I remember doing SquareRP runs through Zul'Gurub and never being able to get Enerdhil's name right. He shall forever be Enderhil to me. Indeed, when he came to my wedding, that was the name on the invitation!

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
The guild has a solid reputation as being full of decent, law abiding people who like to RP and enjoy all aspects of the game. That's what I'm looking for in a guild, that and stability.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
I hate these questions! Well, I'd like to think that I'm a helpful sort. I can offer my shaman for healing needs... and my company for what it's worth! I never have been terribly good at selling myself... I hope I have a good sense of humour, and the ability to get on with more or less anyone!

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?:
Yes

Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?:
Yes

================================================
Thistle

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 25 May 2013, 07:51

Seems like a nice application.
The only problem now is for you to find an officer online for an interview.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 25 May 2013, 10:13

I'm not back from holiday until.... Hummm, Friday I think. So I'll at least pop up next Sunday but next Saturday seems unlikely. Things to do... Mmrrrgh.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Thistle » 25 May 2013, 21:01

Not to worry! Good things come to those who wait...
Thistle

Topic/Postby Thistle » 01 Jun 2013, 20:55

Hmph, got Thistle to 90 and realised I really don't like Paladins. This has made me very grumpy. Might I apply with the shaman Telemar who I know I like? I can re-do the rp background with her in mind if you like. Turns out I am too stupid not to stand in fire on melee toons.
Thistle

Topic/Postby Shevron » 01 Jun 2013, 23:39

Thistle wrote:Turns out I am too stupid not to stand in fire on melee toons.

Aye I always felt the same way. Am I going to dance around like a retard, or actually hit the stuff I'm supposed to hit?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 02 Jun 2013, 12:23

I don't see it being a problem. Also, I'm back in civilisation!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Thistle » 02 Jun 2013, 15:52

Huzzah!
I should be around this afternoon, panicky re-plannings of literacy lessons notwithstanding.
Thistle

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 13 Jun 2013, 09:48

Ok, sorry, I've been really distracted! When's good for you?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.