Application penned in dark red ink

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Malvious » 06 Aug 2014, 20:27

Application penned in dark red ink

Rhyme & Punishment Application Form

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Malvious Ford
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Warlock
Character Level: 20

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Demonology

Current Primary & Secondary Profession:Tailoring & Enchanting

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): Character is on The Shat'tar

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): No

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP): When I played WoW seriously before I was in a guild on Steemwheedle Cartel, named The Peoples Militia and we kept the peace in Stormwind. This was before The Burning Crusade launched.

Is this your main or alt?: This now technically is my main - my other characters are purely there for bank/AH alt duty and gathering items this character can't due to profession limitations

Time been on Moonglade: (days / weeks / months / years)
Time been playing WoW: I joined about 4 months after the launch in the UK and have been popping back in now and then. Due to a recent change of personal circumstances I have a little more time and decided to start a class I never really explored - the warlock

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: I am over 35 (gosh that makes me ancient I guess)
Country where you live: UK
Your level of English: Native speaker
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: I'd say I am probably regular

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Malvious Ford
Character Age: 23 (see note)
Any special character traits: (see note)
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): None in particular
Brief Character History:

Malvious was born into the ancient and noble family of Ravensword. His interest in the demonic arts however did not sit well with his father - a paladin. After years of bitter arguments and final warnings Malvious was exiled from the house and took upon himself the name of Ford.

He is a man who has had nothing to lose and because of that he has thrown himself into parts of the arts which others think better left alone.

That's the story Malvious may tell you (but he probably will not). If you do some research of the Stormwind records you discover that the Ravensword line died out five years ago. There is a one line reference to a twenty-three year old named Malvious who was exiled from the family lands some thirty years ago for "demonic traits". Could this young looking man indeed be the same person who should be approaching the age of sixty? If so how is it that he looks young still?

Basically, to cut a long story short, Malvious uses his demonology to sap life from others in order to maintain his own. This is one reason why he eagerly accepts the quests from those in need as it gives him ample opportunity to drain the life from humanoids and other sentient beings.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: I know a bit about the lore but try not to get too hung up about it. Lore (especially on races) should be a guild and not an absolute as there are always exceptions to the rules - as long as they make sense.

Your favourite WoW area, and why? It may sound odd but the last time I levelled I really enjoyed the Plaguelands as the quests were wonderfully tied in and I got rather fond of those crazy dwarf and blood elf paladins. I look forward to seeing them again - unless that content has changed of course!

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: The Peoples Militia patrolled and that was wonderful - we avoided Goldshire for obvious reasons. The main protagonists were mainly Defias style guilds and the along came one styled on the Scarlet Missionaries - their weekly "sermons" outside of the AH in Stormwind were always throughly enjoyable.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? In all honesty you are the only guild which I have seen any marked evidence of with regards to promoting RP at the moment.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes - though subject to it being at a suitable time
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Absolutely yes - why would someone join a role-play guild and not wish to take part in the events (even if they do so in a very minor role because they lack the knowledge of back stories and history)

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:

Not thoughts or questions - more things that I dislike in the game or role-play generally

Voice - I dislike this with a passion. This should not be an issue I would hope though.

Drama - A great many "role-players" think that role-play has to be dramatic but this is simply not so. The most rewarding role-play I have taken part in is very mundane - walking around, talking to others and simply "living" the character as best I can. Those who wish to have murder, kidnap or rape a night are generally the sort I really do try and quietly walk away from.

Centre of attention - not for me. My character is not an egomaniac despite being a warlock who extends his life by stealing life from others. He knows better than to draw attention to himself - people tend to pay attention to what he does and that may result in unfortunate again on his part which he would rather avoid.

Freeloaders - Craft me this please over and over again yet they never seem to return the favour. I have always strived to be as self sufficient as I possibly can in my online gaming. I have never knowingly taken advantage of the good nature of others (but have been taken advantage of myself many times). I am sure a guild this old and large is well aware of this issue though.
Malvious

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 07 Aug 2014, 20:07

Hokay, looks good to me!

There are a few folks floating around whose warlockyness is kept well hidden.

And the things you dislike? Ha, I agree with 'em!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Malvious » 08 Aug 2014, 21:01

Ah yes keeping the warlock under wraps - well I guess that is because the first time I tried playing one was way back when it was hard to find the trainers as they hid away themselves. Summoning demons is not really the sort of thing to be done at the dinner table after all. Transforming into a demon within a city should - technically cause a fair bit of interest form the city guard I suppose.

I do try to keep the summoned demons away when within the city and also if I have to ride then it is a mundane horse. Outside of the city is totally another story of course!

Mind you it is a bit difficult trying to maintain such a role when there are loads of folks running around with all manner of beasts and flying even! The citizens of the cities must dread setting foot outside of their doors at times.
Malvious

Topic/Postby Shevron » 08 Aug 2014, 21:06

Warlocks? What's that? No such thing!

No sir. Never.

*kicks Pipmir under the table*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 08 Aug 2014, 22:15

Pipmir will be very cross you got his name wrong.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Pepple » 08 Aug 2014, 22:31

Shevron let slip his side business with his imp.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 11 Aug 2014, 22:11

Righty, I should be online tomorrow night.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Malvious » 12 Aug 2014, 16:56

Malvious will be around about 7pm UK time to maybe 9pm this evening if that is convenient.
Malvious

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 12 Aug 2014, 17:46

Yah, that's reasonable!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 12 Aug 2014, 20:37

Got in a bit o' RP tonight - approved for interview. When's good for you?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Next

Return to Applications.