I thought I best to send ye a proper application

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Dolfur » 06 Nov 2014, 15:31

I thought I best to send ye a proper application

Rhyme & Punishment Application Form

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Dolfur
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Dwarf
Character Class: Priest
Character Level: 13

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Shadow/Discipline

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Tailor

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)? I am on the Sha'atar and always have been
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any):

Played three years ago so I do not remember

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):
PVE with Hardcore RP

Is this your main or alt?: Alt

Time been on Moonglade: (days / weeks / months / years) I am on the sha'atar an have always been
Time been playing WoW: (Since Vanilla / Burning Crusade / WotLK / Cataclysm / MoP)
Since vanilla Release

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: I am 30 years old
Country where you live: Sweden
Your level of English: Good, sometimes better
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?:
Hopeless addict at the moment

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Dolfur Wildhammer
Character Age: 63
Any special character traits: Loves alcohol, fun times, to talk, to talk, to talk and is not the kind of priest you are used to perhaps
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): He likes everybody but noone is as good as a dwarf at anything
Brief Character History:
Spent the last years tending to his sick grandfather deep in the mountains away from everything, studying the priesthood of the hammer which his grandfather was a part of, mainly so he could redeem his name from being a drunkard lout. Now he roams the country, still a drunkard lout, but a nice and friendly priesty lout.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: (Very / So-and-so / no clue) So-and-so

Your favorite WoW area, and why? Dulfor loves Dun morogh mainly since he loves snow and it is the place where he lived all his life, I personally love Pandaria because I love everything Asian

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: when I married Lunari, second year of wow

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? you seem like good roleplayers and they told me you are active and social

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member? I am a very experienced player and even more so a extremely experienced role-player

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: absolutely
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: absolutely
Dolfur

Topic/Postby Shevron » 06 Nov 2014, 15:53

PVE with Hardcore RP

Care to elaborate?

Character Full Name & Surname: Dolfur Wildhammer

That's a surname with a lot of weight attached to it. How is Dolfur related to the Wildhammer clan?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dolfur » 06 Nov 2014, 19:30

Well PVE is questing I guess and well I have only maxed out one char in all my years of playing because of the fact that we grouped and role-played a wee bit more then we focused on the quest, stopping for food, someone fell over and hurt a knee, someone got scared or missed their mother ( yes we had peeps role-playing youngsters), there are so many examples of what can happen when roaming the wild
If I misunderstood and PVE is something else then I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I am not really up to speed with all them Rp Pvp PVE PVC RPvp or what they are all called ha ha.
Dolfur himself does not know of any relation but the fact that he had family in the Hinterlands, not sure if it was specifically in Aerie Peak but he does not seem to care either, he puts no more weight to his last name then someone who would be name Underrock. though his personality reminds you of the Wildhammers, he loves animals and nature, cannot get enough of gryphons, he is a mountain dwarf at heart, yet he never wanted to walk the path of neither a shaman nor a pure fighter, he always felt he wanted to help others in another way, until he stayed with his grandfather and began his studies of priesthood in the Order of the Hammer, he mainly helped out where he could even though he is the most disciplined dwarf he always had the heart in the right spot, oh and he might like to drink to much, hence being a drunkard lout at one to many times
Dolfur

Topic/Postby Shevron » 06 Nov 2014, 20:30

I know what PvE is. It's the "hardcore" bit that always intrigues me.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dolfur » 07 Nov 2014, 11:46

I never thought that "you" didn't know what Pve is, I was not sure if I had used the term correctly.
Also I have seen the word "hardcore" being thrown around in mmo forums and such alike, so I thought I would stay with the times and do as the kids do ha ha, stupid I know.
Normally I do not think I would use that word, maybe I would answer more like "we quested a lot but had much more focus and discipline on our role playing". I really hate it when I see smiley faces and words like rp, pve, pvp on an role-playing server so I apologize for using a term I am not familiar with and normally would not use.

But I would like to know when do I get to know if I have a shot and joining?
I am not familiar with using forums as a way of applying to a guild in a game, so I do not know how these things usually work
Dolfur

Topic/Postby Shevron » 07 Nov 2014, 12:17

Sorry for the multitude of questions. We take applicants very seriously, as we believe that not everyone that applies with "OMG I <3 RP" is right for this guild.

Let's just say that you need to have a particular flair in your RP to feel at home here.

I was concerned with the "hardcore" bit, since as you said it gets thrown around a lot, and I've grown to distrust the term.

So far everything looks good.

The next step is simple really.

Poke an officer that happens to be online, and we'll set up a meeting where you get interviewed in-game, in-character.

If we decide that you're a good one, you'll be invited right away :)
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dolfur » 07 Nov 2014, 12:43

would you happen to have a time of day when it usually are people online because the few times i have searched for your group only one person is online and he/she either has hearing problems or just doesn't want to talk he he, preferably in game time please since I have no idea where you are from mate or what the time difference might be he he.

I generally do not rp with people who have used for ex :(, :), :P, lol, rofl, ina conversation to me more then one time, so i understand you distrusting that word
Dolfur

Topic/Postby Shevron » 07 Nov 2014, 13:35

We're fairly active in the evenings.

List of officers is Here.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dolfur » 07 Nov 2014, 14:42

thanks mate, bye the way your name seems so familiar, the name Wolfgardlim does not ring a bell?
Dolfur

Topic/Postby Shevron » 07 Nov 2014, 14:48

Nope.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Next

Return to Applications.