The application, then.

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Enlayne » 12 Nov 2014, 17:54

The application, then.

Character Name: Enlayne (Yes, yes. I know. Not the same as the forum board. I intended to lurk a bit longer before I applied. :P )
Character Gender: Female
Character Race: Night-Elf
Character Class: Mage
Character Level: 90. For now.

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Arcane/Frost

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Enchanter/herbalist. Investigator, Scholar and high-mage of darnassus.

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
Started on the Sha'tar, and still there.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): Unemployment Agency (my own bank guild).

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who):
I know a few, by name only. I have had very little opportunity to play with, or get to know, anyone.

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP):
Many, on many diffrent characters. I was a hardcore raider during WotLK and most of Cataclysm. Then life happened, and now I'm a casual PVE-player with a heightened interest in role-playing.

Is this your main or alt?:
Alt, although I'm playing with her more and more often.

Time been on Moonglade: Few months. Sha'tar for 2 or 3 years.
Time been playing WoW: Late BC, hardcore raiding WotLK

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (25-30)
Country where you live: Netherlands
Your level of English: Good
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: somewhere between regular and hopeless addict, depending on how much free time I have :P
I'm usually online every evening.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Enlayne Cloudwhisper
Character Age: 132
Any special character traits: Dedicated, patient and inquisitive
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Nope. Has a healthy disdain for the undead, but finds them dreadfully fascinating as well.
Brief Character History:
Schooled in the arcane arts from a young age, Enlayne proved to be a star student to the mages of Darnassus. She has a healthy interest in, well, everything, and relishes the opportunity to study magical appearances or anomalies.
Her proffesional attitude and singular skills have made her well respected among darnassian leadership, and she often works on a 'freelance' contract to investigate magical beings, supernatural events or suspicious individuals.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Fairly. Not an expert, but I know a thing or two.

Your favourite WoW area, and why?
Grizzly Hills. I have fond memories of spending hours fishing for guild feats during WotLK, and relaxing to the music there...

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:
I have so many on so many diffrent characters (both in WoW and in dungeons and dragons), it is hard to pick a single favorite.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
Because the attitude I see in the members, and the atmosphere among gatherings, fits very well with my own. I relish the opportunity to meet more role-players, and I think my 'style' is very similar to that of R&P in general.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Another moron to bash? Another nElf to pick on? Another role-player to hang out with? Another idiot to laugh at? Or laugh with? Pack one. :D

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: If I am available, naturally.
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: That will depend on the nature of the event. And my availability.

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?:
Not right now.

If you want an interview; I'm online pretty much every evening after around 6:30. Just check who's online in the guild Unemployment Agency (the sha'tar). Chances are it's just me and my girlfriend online, so you can ask for Enlayne. Or Anthura. Both are me, obviously.
Or ask Ulfrick (of the Golden Crusaders - moonglade) if Anthura is online.
Enlayne

Topic/Postby Gergel » 12 Nov 2014, 18:07

Anthura wrote:Character Race: Night-Elf
Character Class: Mage
Character Age: 132
Schooled in the arcane arts from a young age, Enlayne proved to be a star student to the mages of Darnassus.

Something's a bit off about this. 132 years ago there was no Darnassus (Teldrassil was grown shortly after the Third War), and arcane magic was being held in serious disdain among night elves, with its practitioners getting exiled, or worse, faster than you can blink.

Unless you meant to imply that Enlayne started her mage training only a few years ago (~130 years, is indeed quite a "young age" for a night elf).
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Enlayne » 12 Nov 2014, 18:36

That is what I meant. Apologies for being unclear.
Enlayne

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 16 Nov 2014, 13:49

Re: The application, then.

Hokay, sorry about the delay - a combination of excessive drunkenness and a couple of teething problems with the new forum prevented me in getting back to you.

Gergel's right (and a couple o' forum members have mentioned it), your character is a bit young for Night Elf.

That said, 'tis a good application so track down an officer for an interview.

And, yes, I agree on Grizzly Hills! :Q
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Enlayne » 17 Nov 2014, 08:18

You mean I haven't been stalking you guys enough already?! ;)

Serendipity wrote:Hokay, sorry about the delay - a combination of excessive drunkenness and a couple of teething problems with the new forum prevented me in getting back to you.

Yeah, launch-weekend for WoD wasnt exactly brilliant timing for an application either. :)

Serendipity wrote:Gergel's right (and a couple o' forum members have mentioned it), your character is a bit young for Night Elf.

For that, I fall back on;
Anthura wrote:How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Fairly. Not an expert, but I know a thing or two.

Age is the only thing I didn't have set for her. I couldn't find a proper "age table" for the WoW races, so I fell back on those I have for other RP-systems. In most of them, 132 falls under the young-end of maturity (20-21 or there-abouts in human terms). That's what I was aiming for.

Anyway, I'll poke one of you guys tonight, if you're not too busy lagging in Shadowmoon Valley :)
Enlayne

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Nov 2014, 14:26

Anthura wrote:Age is the only thing I didn't have set for her. I couldn't find a proper "age table" for the WoW races, so I fell back on those I have for other RP-systems.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans

:Q
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Enlayne » 18 Nov 2014, 15:47

Shevron wrote:http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans

:Q

Why have I not found that... Srsly slapping myself here.
Enlayne

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Nov 2014, 20:11

Bonk!
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to Applications.