Sophians application

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Solardawn » 03 Dec 2014, 22:13

Sophians application

Character Name: Sophian Solardawn
Character Gender: (M/F) Female
Character Race: Half-elf
Character Class: Mage
Character Level: 80

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Frost and Fire

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Tailoring and Enchanting

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred (if transferred, state from which realm)?
Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): Been on the Sha'tar for quite a while now, faction changed my blood elf into a human though, not been in a previous guild on this server alliance side, have been guildless for a while.

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP? (if so please specify who): None

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. (Hardcore raiding / Casual PVE / RP): Have rp'd with a few guilds on argent dawn, one of my other characters is apart of the Blood Elven only guild 'Ilvanesta' on argent dawn to this day, a fun and relaxing guild I have to say!

Is this your main or alt?: Main on the Sha'tar, alt account wise.

Your realm of origin: (Moonglade / Sha'tar / whatever) argent dawn and alonsus.
Time been on said realm: (days / weeks / months / years) 8 years on argent dawn, 8 years on alonsus
Time been playing WoW: (Since Vanilla / Burning Crusade / WotLK / Cataclysm / MoP) Vanilla

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: (12-15) (16-20) (21-25) (25-30) (30-35) (35+!!) 16-20
Country where you live: Scotland
Your level of English: (Good / So-and-So / Poor) English is my first language, but so-and-so.
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: (Hopeless addict / Regular / Rarely online)
I would say between hopeless addict and regular, it's hard to tell.....

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Sophian Solardawn
Character Age: 22
Any special character traits: Half-elf
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Warlocks, Blood Elves and Gnolls.
Brief Character History: Born in Stormwind, Sophian was born to Thanistias Solardawn and Allaenia Mellaney, Thanistias was a High Elf, while Allaenia was a Human, Sophian grew up under the protection of her mother, her father left her mother and herself when she was born, as he was a diplomat from Quel'Thalas, he could not let anyone know of his 'deeds' lest they ruin his reputation, so he left to return to SIlvermoon, paying Allaenia money to spend on little Sophian, and occasionally sending them letters in secret, as Sophian grew older she started to display a talent for magic, in the form of the arcane, her mother picked up on this, so she sent Sophian to Dalaran at the age of 10 to begin training in the Arcane arts, unfortunately, Sophian was bullied and picked on for her heritage from her classmates, being a 'Half-breed' as it were, the human children were jealous of her long lifespan, and the few High Elves were spiteful of her due to having mixed, or as they say "Weakened" blood, although she did have some protection from her teacher, the self proclaimed "Greatest Gnomish tinker of the Arcane Arts" Fillwiz Frostcog. 10 years later she came back to Stormwind, an accomplished novice mage, she now spends her time reading books and practicing spells, who knows what lies next in her journey.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: (Very / So-and-so / no clue) So-and-so(History for Sophian might need some correction due to Dalaran in the timeline)

Your favourite WoW area, and why? Quel'Danas, beautiful, that is all.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember: Hm, saving someone's life while they were near death using my Paladin while in battle.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment? To be able to have some roleplay on this server.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member? Because I've always had an attachment to this server in a sense, I highly doubt I will be leaving any time soon, I also have some experience of roleplay on argent dawn, as I have six roleplay characters on that server.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: (Yes / No / Maybe) Maybe, i'm quite busy sometimes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: (Yes / No / Maybe) Unless it conflicts with my main rp guilds events, then of course!

Any thoughts or questions you want to ask the guild?: I'm new to trying a Half-breed race, so any mess ups I make, apologies in advance, also, my spelling is not the greatest nor is my general language skills, so apologies in advance for that as well!
Solardawn

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 04 Dec 2014, 17:14

Re: Sophians application

This looks good to me!

Your response on the lore question tells me you are also willing to rectify any potential "mistakes" in your character, this is a good trait to have imo.

Though I do wonder of your character's age. Your character's history naturally went down before the third war. This isn't too long ago, naturally, but are you sure she wouldn't be a few years older? No big deal either way I suppose, easily fixable if needed (I wouldn't be completely sure on the matter off the top of my head either), just wanted to point it out is all :) I've no idea if you've done the math on it or not xD

It is understandable that you won't prioritize RPing your alt with us over your main with old friends over on Argent Dawn, so I don't see that as a problem. Though we -do- hope to see you around a bit, should you be taken in.

Aaaaanyway! Track down an officer for an interview, and we'll take it from there :X
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 06 Dec 2014, 14:40

The trick to playing a halfbreed is keep it subtle. None of this 'I am obviously a half dragon cyborg' nonsense, behold my glowing eyes and caterpillar tracks.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 07 Dec 2014, 01:11

In plain words, what Serendipity means is: Don't feel the need to constantly point out that your character is a half-breed. Such things get old pretty fast and only comes off as attention seeking.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to Applications.