Norilsk

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Norilsk » 28 Dec 2014, 23:13

Norilsk

::: Main Details :::

Character Name: Norilsk (@ Steamwheedle Cartel)
Character Gender: Male
Character Race: Dwarf
Character Class: Shaman
Character Level: 73

Current Main & Secondary Spec: Enhancement > Restoration

Current Primary & Secondary Profession: Herbalist and scribe. It's just a money maker at the moment. I may switch to LW later.

Did you start your character on Moonglade, or transferred? This character was started on Steamwheedle Cartel a few days ago.

Current Guild you are part of, and any previous Guilds you have been in (if any): Currently, and since late 2006, in [H]The Elders on Moonglade.
Previously also [H]Unified and [A]Kaboom!

Do you know, or have been referred by, any current member of RnP?: No

If been in previous Guilds, what background were they? Also, a brief history of your previous guild membership experience if possible. : The Elders have always been a social and mature guild with PvE focus, casual raiding. Unified was a semi-hardcore raid guild. Kaboom! was a gnomish exploration RP guild.

Is this your main or alt?: Alt

Your realm of origin: Moonglade
Time been on said realm: 8 years
Time been playing WoW: Since late vanilla. 6 months before TBC release.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real Age Bracket: I'm 36
Country where you live: Sweden
Your level of English: Very competent
What kind of player are you in terms of time spent online?: Former hopeless addict. Now I'm just a regular but still a proud altoholic. I have three children and a main character horde side, raiding Highmaul twice per week, keeping up with garrison life, but not much else at the moment.

::: RP Details :::

Character Full Name & Surname: Norilsk Proudhammer
Character Age: 85
Any special character traits: Bipolar temper. At times reckless and destructive and at other times contemplative and cautious to the extreme.
Any races / classes / factions your character hates or is “at war” with? (eg. Warlocks): Wary of trolls. Undead is not a race - it's an abomination.
Brief Character History: Born in the Hinterlands, Wildhammer clan. Did not take part in the Three Wars. Raised a family and lost it in a scourge raid. Subsequently left Aerie Peak and at the return of the Burning Legion went into Outland and has been adventuring since, occasionally as a mercenary.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?:
By roleplayer standards I guess I have basic lore knowledge. I've played the series since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and have been paying reasonable attention to text and cinematics. Having played around 20-30 characters however I must confess it was a long time since I actually read quest descriptions. I have no idea what Anduin Wrynn was up to between playing hide and seek in Stormwind Castle and showing up as an adolescent priest in Pandaria.

Your favourite WoW area, and why?
I don't have favourites. I can tell you what areas I think have the best music, the most interesting quests and lore, certain places I like to hang out, but I've never compiled any list... When pushed I'll say Booty Bay because it has things I like - goblins, a unique look, pirates, RP locales, some action, and it feels like a living breathing town outside of the capitals, which is something WoW is sorely lacking.

Your fondest RP moment that you remember:
Leading an expedition of explorers to Bloodmyst Isle just after TBC release. It was fun creating something even if most of it was improvised.

Why did you choose Rhyme & Punishment?
It's been around for a while and I think it's the only general RP guild I know of. Most ads I've seen are for guilds that emulate a specific brotherhood, coven, alliance, army or only accepts certain races etc.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Honestly, you shouldn't. I'd never want to join a guild with such low standards as to accept me as a member. If you did accept me you would find that I'm every bit as friendly, mature and helpful as I hope and expect all of you to be.

Will you be willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes
Will you be willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes
Norilsk

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 29 Dec 2014, 00:06

Norilsk wrote:Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Honestly, you shouldn't. I'd never want to join a guild with such low standards as to accept me as a member.

This answer puzzles me, care to elaborate?
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Norilsk » 29 Dec 2014, 01:23

Lilandris wrote:
Norilsk wrote:Why do you think that we should invite you as a Guild Member?
Honestly, you shouldn't. I'd never want to join a guild with such low standards as to accept me as a member.

This answer puzzles me, care to elaborate?

It's a reference to Groucho Marx. He resigned from the Friar's Club with a letter stating: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

In other words you can safely disregard that answer. It was merely a test, in jest.

To further answer the question I can say I'm a very experienced roleplayer. It's been a main pastime and hobby of mine for the past twenty years.
Norilsk

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 29 Dec 2014, 03:10

Guess that reference went 'woosh' over my head then. :P

Either way, this looks like it's in order then. So unless any of the other officers have anything they'd like to ask(?) I'll ask you to track down an officer for an in-game interview.

I'm currently away on Christmas holiday myself and therefore unable to be one of the potential officers to poke (at least until the 4th or 5th or so).

That being said, look for any of these dubious characters:

Serendipity
Shevron
Alwynn
Toot
Fereth
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Toot » 29 Dec 2014, 07:31

How Cow, <Kaboom>! Now there's a name I've not seen since I joined MG many years ago!
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 29 Dec 2014, 08:16

Nor have I! I'm curious, what was the character called? I might recognise the name.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 29 Dec 2014, 09:08

Bob
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Norilsk » 29 Dec 2014, 09:20

Serendipity wrote:Nor have I! I'm curious, what was the character called? I might recognise the name.

I was Gander, the serious warlock. I think you won't be able to remember if you weren't in Kaboom. I was only a member for six months and didn't do any any cross-guild events, except one huge gathering in the Shimmering Flats.
I'm glad I found this pic still in my Photobucket to jog your memory.
Norilsk

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 29 Dec 2014, 19:18

Har, does that mean you were there for The Shimmering flats Race?

(Filmed by our own Zeneth)

I'm the one on the right with the white cloak who jumps. :Q
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Norilsk » 29 Dec 2014, 22:59

I don't remember the race but I should be somewhere on that photo.
Norilsk

Next

Return to Applications.