Jacon McDribbins

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Jacon McDribbins » 14 Jun 2008, 21:19

Jacon McDribbins

Stormwind, Trade District.

A young, blond man is pushing through the crowds in an attempt to get to the mailbox. Just as he reached it, he hesitated. He looked at the envelope he was carrying. On the top left corner was the following:

ʇuǝɯɥsıund puɐ ǝɯʎɥɹ
:oʇ

And on the bottom left, this:

suıqqıɹpɔɯ uoɔɐɾ
:ɯoɹɟ

He sighed, and dropped the letter inside the box.

A few days later, inside the Rhyme and Punishment guild house.

A group of Rhymers were sitting over a table, going through that days applications, when they found this one:

"Honorable members of Rhyme and Punishment,

My name is Jabon McDribbins, and I want to apply for a position in your guild. I used to be a farmer, but circumstances have made me drop the pitchfork and take up the sword. I am not the best warrior, but I believe that oh this is so boring, I can't stand his yabbering. He doesn't know how to read anyway, so there is no way he will know I am writing rubish in his application. Heh, if the scribe's guild got wind of this I would be dismissed in a moment, but I don't care. Just as soon as this fool pays me, I am buying myself a ticket out of Stormwind on the next ship.

Oh dear, he goes on about his family now. Might as well write some more gibberish blah blah yadda yadda flipity-floop. Damn, won't he ever shut up? I want to stab my own ears with my pen! I don't CARE and I am sure they wouldn't care either.

Ok, I admit it, I am starting to feel a little bad about this now. Should I tell him to take it over the top again? Nah, doesn't matter. Hey, you members of Rhyme and Punishment who read this, could you please consider this young man for your ranks? He is rather gullible but doesn't seem like a bad person.

Kinda regretfull,
A Scribe Who Would Rather Remain Anonymous"
Jacon McDribbins

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 14 Jun 2008, 22:32

Heh, that's somewhat original.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Shevron » 15 Jun 2008, 09:24

I have to admit ... one of the most original applications we ever had!

You got yourself an interview lad!

Find me or Pepple, and we'll sort you out.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Return to Applications.