Application Form: Gastrodalf

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Gastrodalf » 08 Jul 2017, 15:20

Application Form: Gastrodalf

::: In-Character Application Letter :::

Application Letter:

Do not remove

Dear Rhyme and Punishment,
My name is Gastrodalf Moonfeather, Im 63 years old, and have lived my entire life in Darnassus until now. Recently, i was attacked by a spider the size of a hound. It came charging at me on my way home one night, and something miraculous happened. With a shout, flames radiated from my body, and burned the spider into fleeing. I discovered at this old age, that i have a power inside of me. I heard there were other people with the power to control fire aswell known as Mages. Now, i seek adventure and to save Azaroth against invaders, because i have been on the sidelines for far to long now. I have just been reading my life away. That's why i'm sending you this letter. I heard you are a group of adventurers with the same ideas as me. And to be honest, this old man might need some help. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and i wish you luck in the wars to come,
With kind and ''warm'' regards,
Gastrodalf Moonfeather

::: Character Details :::

Name: Gastrodalf

Race: Night Elf

Class: Mage

Level: 32 currently while making this

Is this your main or alt?: Alt

Current main and secondary specialization: Main is Fire, secondary is Ice

Current primary and secondary professions: Dont have professions

Realm of Origin: Moonglade

Amount of time you have been on this realm: Years

Did you start the character on this realm, or is it a transfer? If transfer, from where?: I started on this realm

Current guild you are part of, and previous guilds you have been in (if any): Very breefly in a rp guild who said they were active, but werent

Background of previous guilds:

Do not remove

It was a RP/casual raiding guild

Since when have you been playing WoW?: The Burning Crusade

Do you know, or have been referred by, a current member of RnP?: Yes, i whispered to one of your officers who helped my out alot, his/her name is lilandris

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real age bracket: 16-20

Your country of residence: The Netherlands

Your level of English: Good

What kind of a player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular

::: RP Details :::

Races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with?: Gastrodalf hates the burning legion, because he is an night elf. and also doesnt like gnomes, i mean, who does?

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Lore evangelist

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Do not remove

Either the new highmountain or grizzly hills, for the music and atmosphere. I also surprisingly like Frostfire Ridge in WoD for some reason, really dont know why.

Your fondest RP memory:

Do not remove

Well i used to play rp on the ptr, when that was still active. And i joined an group travel rp, where we as the alliance army were to go to the eastern plaguelands to fight the scourge. In the beginning, i met a female nightelf, who was very kind to me and we were in a flirty conversation along the way (Dont worry, i do not like ERP)
But along the way she dissapeared, and i just kept talking to people. So when we arrived, we had to roll and alot of casualty fell. One roll was for that person to become evil and betray the rest. That was her. There was a scenario where she could choose to fight someone, and i thought she had forgotten about me, but then pointed at me and we had to fight. Eventhough i lost the fight, i really like the fact that there was some continuity that happend because of some little conversation at the beginning

Why did you choose Rhyme and Punishment?:

Do not remove

I was looking for RP guilds, because i really like rping, but not to just whisper random ppl, who might call me a nerd or something because i like rping. And one of your officers as mentioned earlier in this forum, was really nice and helped alot.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a guild member?:

Do not remove

I am active if there are things to do, i like rping with anybody, you just have to approach me ^^. and i hope i can do the same to the people in the guild

Are you willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes

Are you willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you wish to ask the guild?:

Do not remove

Yeah one question, are the planned RP events, on the calender for instance? because i have had a good experience with keeping up with rp events in the past that way,

Gastrodalf

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 08 Jul 2017, 18:18

He's a little green around the edges but I like him.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 08 Jul 2017, 21:12

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:Im 63 years old, and have lived my entire life in Darnassus until now.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:this old man might need some help

I have a bit of a niggle regarding night elf life span and the age of Darnassus.

The Teldrassil tree was planted, and the city of Darnassus established, after the Third War had finished and before the events of World of Warcraft had started. That makes the city's age to be around 15 to 20 years.

Night elves live a long time, up to the age of thousands of years. I dislike the concept of "long-lived races remain children until they are hundreds of years old", because having to change a baby's diapers for fifty years is just... euuuuugh. I'd rather say "they grow up into young-adulthood within a few decades just as shorter-lived races, but despite their adult appearance, the older members of their races consider them 'newbies' until they have at least a few hundred years' worth of experience." One way or the other, a sixty-year old elf is a young whipper-snapper.

So mmmmaybe Gastrodalf accidentally missed a zero or two in his age? Or he's just really bad with numbers and dates and places (Darnassus? I meant Thalassia. Wait, that's not a place. Astranaar? Someplace like that.) ;)

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:and also doesnt like gnomes, i mean, who does?

*Icy gnomish glare* Friendly warning: tread carefully.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:a rp guild who said they were active, but werent

A sad note and a word of warning: Rhyme and Punishment guild has been rather quiet and inactive recently. We are not a heavy raiding, dungeoneering or PvP guild with strong guild-wide goals and attendance requirements for members. Thus, many people (myself included) have finished their goals for the expansion and taken a shorter or longer break from playing. A new major patch (such as Argus coming up some time in the future) will no doubt bring back some people, as will of course a new expansion (but we have no idea how many years we'll have to wait for that). But for now you might see only a few people online at any time.

Gastrodalf on 08 Jul 2017 17:20 wrote:are the planned RP events, on the calender for instance?

We used to have regular RP events for a long time, usually led by the enthusiastic GM of a friendly guild. Sadly, I must admit that with the decline in attendance and the increasing RL responsibilities of the event leader, the RP events are nowadays few and far between.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Shevron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Toot » 09 Jul 2017, 07:53

doesnt like gnomes, i mean, who does?

APPLICATION DENIED!

Joking aside, he sounds good to me.
I'm still paying the sub, so if you need me on for an interview, gimme a shout. If I'm free I'll lend a hand.
Lilandris likes this post.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 17 Jul 2017, 19:03

Clonk!
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to Applications.