Application Form: Shefaia

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Shefaia » 16 Oct 2017, 19:34

Application Form: Shefaia

::: In-Character Application Letter :::

Application Letter:

Do not remove

I grew, though not as tall as many of my people, in a little place called Auberdine, but in truth I lived more in the woods and among the beasts I sometimes hunted than among the people of the town. Then war came, and I fought: I had many victories, but I lost much also, and in the end I had my fill of death. When Teldrassil was made I removed to its upper branches and lived quietly, tending to the woodlands, and making my living as a hunter and skinner. From time to time I would come, when requested, to assist the defence of Duskwood and Ashenvale, but I did not like to leave my new home, especially after the destruction of the place I had once called home. I am not sad though, but filled with wonder and joy at the marvels of the world.

Something more than a year ago a traveller came to Dolanaar, where I dwelt, and I spoke long with her in the inn, and a spark of curiosity awoke in me. First I moved to Darnassus and made my abode there for a time, as many travellers come there, and for the first time I saw the wolves that walk. But I wished still to see more, and I returned to the fray in Duskwood; I travelled to the island where the Draenei landed their great vessel, and that is very marvellous! The one day, on a whim, I stepped aboard a ship in Rut'theran Village, and found myself on the docks of the city called Stormwind.

This also is a very marvellous place. I love the way the humans pile up stones, like I used to pile pebbles as a child. But it is also very smelly, very noisy, and extremely confusing, and I should like to find some friends who will tell more of this strange town and the strange folk that live there. A sailor told me that there is a tunnel to the city of the dwarves, which is even noisier, even smellier, and is built entirely beneath the earth, but I know better than to believe sailor's tales.

I have been told that those that meet me find me at first to be solemn, until I begin to laugh, and then they think me merry. I laugh much, I am filled with the joy of living, even under the terrible broken world that has appeared in the sky, and I am a loyal friend.

::: Character Details :::

Name: Shefaia

Race: Night Elf

Class: Hunter

Level: 24

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Current main and secondary specialization: Marksmanship

Current primary and secondary professions: Leatherworking, skinning

Realm of Origin: Moonglade

Amount of time you have been on this realm: Days

Did you start the character on this realm, or is it a transfer? If transfer, from where?: On this realm.

Current guild you are part of, and previous guilds you have been in (if any): A long time ago, on another character, I was an officer of the Shadow Sentinels.

Background of previous guilds:

Do not remove

The Shadow Sentinels were a small Night-Elf only RP guild.

Since when have you been playing WoW?: Vanilla

Do you know, or have been referred by, a current member of RnP?: No.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real age bracket: 36+

Your country of residence: UK

Your level of English: Good

What kind of a player are you in terms of time spent online?: Somewhat regular

::: RP Details :::

Races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with?: Hates demons, orcs, trolls and any that invade her homeland.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Moderate

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Do not remove

Ashenvale, for nostalgic reasons.

Your fondest RP memory:

Do not remove

Many fond memories of guild RP with the Sentinels, and of exploring the world IC for the first time with my old main's IC lover Maulkin (a R&P member).

Why did you choose Rhyme and Punishment?:

Do not remove

I walked away from WoW ten years ago, and although I came back to level through the new content in 2014, I didn't RP or even group then (and closed that account). During the lovely, lovely time I had RPing as I levelled through the vanilla content, back when the starting areas were full of casual RP, I knew a lot of R&P members, and they were always great to play with. If the guild today is anything like it was then, I know it will be a great, non-judgemental, fun place to find immersive RP.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a guild member?:

Do not remove

I'm a drama-free, thoughtful RPer, who knows how to use words well, and I'm always fun to be around (IC, OOC I'm a grouch as often as anyone!). I won't be one of your most active members, but when I'm online (a few times a week, I expect), I'm always up for RP, and I enjoy just being my toon IC, no epic storylines required (or desired).

Are you willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes

Are you willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you wish to ask the guild?:

Do not remove

I operate a strict firewall between my gaming and other online lives; experience has taught me that this is the best way, I hope nobody will think it rude. I'm a writer and musician, which are not professions conducive to spending huge amounts of time in-world, and mean I may be a bit unreliable in terms of making it to events, if a deadline gets moved or a gig comes up at short notice. I'm often unavailable in the evenings, and play for an hour or two mid-morning, when nobody else is around, but hopefully with healthy numbers in R&P I might find one or two guildies to RP with!

EDIT: my old main was called Nenuial, but I doubt anyone still playing remembers her.

I'm not quite clear on whether R&P has any IC existence: is there an organisation called Rhyme and Punishment in the world, or is it just an umbrella for RP?

Boing! :bebored:
2 people like this post.
Shefaia

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Oct 2017, 18:33

Hello there! I've just spotted this, I'll chuck you over a proper reply this afternoon :C

Double post merged on 19 Oct 2017 17:33

Okee, that's better. Wow, a Sentinel, don't see many of you guys these days! Did we perhaps meet in the olden days? I certainly remember Maulkin well. Terribly nice chap.

And then I get to the bottom of the application. Yeah, I recognise the name, 'though I can't remember much. Druid, right? Heheh, it was 10 years ago.... :C

As for your questions, we're fairly quiet at the moment. Still here, but waiting for the next expansion. I pop up occasionally (and I really should do more, being on a work sabbatical for the next couple o' months).

I completely understand about the firewall thing... I'm pretty similar to be honest. Anyhoo, it's not a problem. Some folks are open about their lives, some aren't.

Yeah, we're a an organisation. A very loose (VERY) citizen militia, mostly comprised of burned out soldiers, some not so burned out, and folks like me who gave up entirely on war and became barmaids. It's quite a mixture.

Hopefully that covers everything! :C
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shefaia » 19 Oct 2017, 18:42

Hi Serendipity, we certainly did meet in the Vanilla of Yore, although only briefly I think. Nen was a hunter, just like Shefaia - no point going on a nostalgia trip by half measures! I'm rather chuffed that you remember her :-)
Shefaia

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 19 Oct 2017, 18:50

Heheh, it's amazing the crazy stuff I remember :C

Okee, if you want an interview, when's best for you? I can't do tonight, but overall I'm pretty flexible.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 19 Oct 2017, 19:06

I'm the shining beacon of positivity in the guild.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Shefaia » 20 Oct 2017, 09:44

Shevron on 19 Oct 2017, 19:06 wrote:I'm the shining beacon of positivity in the guild.

That's great, although a quick scan of the forums doesn't reveal worrying levels of negativity among the other members!

Double post merged on 20 Oct 2017, 09:44

Serendipity on 19 Oct 2017, 18:50 wrote:Heheh, it's amazing the crazy stuff I remember :C

Okee, if you want an interview, when's best for you? I can't do tonight, but overall I'm pretty flexible.

I will hopefully be online tonight (Friday) but I can't say exactly when, as I'll be cooking dinner for the fam after work, and it depends whether they have a general appetite to watch lots of Netflix together afterwards, or if we all slink off to do our own thing: if the former 10-11, if the latter 8-9, I guess. I'm pretty flexible on Saturday though.
Shefaia

Topic/Postby Pepple » 20 Oct 2017, 10:45

Shefaia on 20 Oct 2017 08:44 wrote:...worrying levels of negativity among the other members!

We have a thread tucked away for just that. Like a form of forum purgatory where people leave their baggage.
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shevron » 20 Oct 2017, 12:32

My sarcasm went completely undetected.

EGGCELLENT!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Oct 2017, 21:09

Sorry, only just got here today.... It's been a loooooooooooooooooong day.

I'll pop up tomorrow though, no plans!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shefaia » 22 Oct 2017, 14:17

Shevron on 20 Oct 2017, 12:32 wrote:My sarcasm went completely undetected.

EGGCELLENT!

I should have taken the precaution of reading the bit where it says 'resident grump'. I'll take this opportunity to point out that, where I say in my application that 'I'm a grouch as often as anyone', this was in no way intended as a challenge.

Serendipity on 21 Oct 2017, 21:09 wrote:Sorry, only just got here today.... It's been a loooooooooooooooooong day.

I'll pop up tomorrow though, no plans!

Grand! Today I will mostly be playing the bass and the ukulele, and writing a review of Blade Runner 2049, and I'll be happy to interrupt any of those activities for a bit of RP/being judged. I'll keep an eye on the forums.
Shefaia

Next

Return to Applications.