Application Form: Khiva

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Khiva » 21 Jun 2018, 14:46

Application Form: Khiva

::: In-Character Application Letter :::

Application Letter:

Do not remove

My name is Khiva. I....
*several scribbled out half-sentences are visible here*

My apologies. I find myself unable to think clearly right now. Please let me try again.

My name is Khiva. I am Draenei. My race have never really been accustomed to using surnames, but if you require one of me, I will leave it to you to bestow one befitting my character.

I was a child when I arrived on Draenor, and have no recollection of life before this place. Bittersweet memories are all I have from the peaceful years among the Orcs. The rest was torn from me at Kil'jaeden's betrayal. I lost everything.

The time spent hiding from the Orc ravagers was a blur. All I remember is fear, loss, and insatiable anger for everything that had been taken from me. If it weren't for Velen I believe I would have been lost to madness.
As it was, he recognised my pain, and put me to work infiltrating the Exodar. I was small, agile, and easily avoided detection, and was thus able to carry out some small tasks to aid in our capture of the vessel. For the first time in a long time, I had hope.

That hope was shattered with the Exodar on impact with Azeroth.

I stayed for as long as I could to make reparations and rebuild our community, but this second atrocity was just too much to bear. I waited for nightfall, and I slunk away.

I spent a long time on my own trying to parse out some logical explanation for everything that has happened in my life. I have none, but during my musings, it came to me that I was helping nobody, including myself, by withdrawing to such an extent. I heard tell of this guild as I passed by an inn, and it seemed as good a place to start as any.

I have a basic grasp of magical offense, and a mild healing power of the Naaru. I am willing to learn in order to contribute to this group. I understand that my behaviour can be erratic, and at times irrationally angry, but please understand that I am trying my hardest to relearn how to trust. Three hundred years may seem an eternity to shorter-lived races, but to the Draenei, it is but a blink of the eye, and I have much to learn.

::: Character Details :::

Name: Khiva

Race: Draenei

Class: Mage

Level: 14

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Current main and secondary specialization: Fire is my main specialization, but I'm afraid I'm quite a new player so I'm not sure how secondary specializations work quite yet.

Current primary and secondary professions: Mining and Jewelcrafting

Realm of Origin: Moonglade

Amount of time you have been on this realm: Days

Did you start the character on this realm, or is it a transfer? If transfer, from where?: I started this character on this realm.

Current guild you are part of, and previous guilds you have been in (if any): None

Background of previous guilds:

Do not remove

None

Since when have you been playing WoW?: Warlords of Draenor

Do you know, or have been referred by, a current member of RnP?: No, I was looking for RP elements on Moonglade as it seems a bit dead, and came across RnP on Google.

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real age bracket: 26-30

Your country of residence: United Kingdom, England

Your level of English: Good

What kind of a player are you in terms of time spent online?: Somewhat regular

::: RP Details :::

Races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with?: Hates Orcs because of the betrayal on Draenor, Blood Elves for similar reasons

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Somewhat competent

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Do not remove

(sorry, quick note to the above question - I'm really new to WOW lore, but I'm doing my absolute best to catch up with it)

I'm very new to WoW, so I'm not sure what you mean by area? I'm loving all of it so far!

Your fondest RP memory:

Do not remove

I used to be part of a very prolific Harry Potter forum roleplay, so I'm very experienced in prose RP. MMO RP is somewhat new to me, but I hope I'll pick it up quickly.

Why did you choose Rhyme and Punishment?:

Do not remove

I originally joined Turalya, because it was recommended as a newbie realm, but quickly realised that I'd prefer an RP server. Argent Dawn was full and lag is my worst enemy, so I went for Moonglade. I encountered literally no player characters during my first fourteen levels, so thought I'd google to see if I could find a guild to join, to get into the RP element.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a guild member?:

Do not remove

I'm really friendly, I'm absolutely open to corrections on lore inconsistencies, I have a great grasp of grammar and spelling, I pick things up quite quickly, I like to work as a team and I love character building.

Are you willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes

Are you willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you wish to ask the guild?:

Do not remove

I might not be able to get online as often as I'd like, as I have real life commitments (booo), is this likely to hinder the group's experience of the guild? I wouldn't want to hold up any plotlines or anything.

Also, not sure if I've filled everything out correctly up there, so if I've missed anything please feel free to ask me to clarify things!

Lilandris likes this post.
Khiva
your amphibious overlord

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Jun 2018, 15:50

Fresh meat!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Lilandris likes this post.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Khiva » 21 Jun 2018, 17:29

Shevron on 21 Jun 2018, 15:50 wrote:Fresh meat!

Comes with its own roasting abilities! *pyroblast*
Khiva
your amphibious overlord

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 22 Jun 2018, 10:52

Wow, you'll get to see all those thingies with fresh eyes. You're in for a treat!

Aaaaand you also passed the first test, actually reading what I'd written in the guild finder :C I'm pretty free at the weekend, could always have a wee chat in game.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Khiva » 24 Jun 2018, 00:23

Aw sweet!! Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see what WoW has to offer, it sounds like there's an awful lot of play to be had :')

I'm online at the moment, and should be on tomorrow quite a bit as well (UK time), so maybe we could chat then! (You may have to initiate the chat - I'm still learning the ropes on that one ^^' )
Khiva
your amphibious overlord

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 24 Jun 2018, 21:42

Yeah, that's cool - I'm around later today, I've already done my whole 'going outside' thing for the day.

I'll keep a wee beady eye out!

Double post merged on 24 Jun 2018 20:42

<Boom>
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.