Another new application

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Jaelani » 10 Jul 2008, 16:23

Another new application

OOC-
Okay, I wrote this twaddle at 1AM today, hoping to sort of register for the forum, throw my application on and run for the hills. Since I couldn't do that, I really ought to re-write the sheer randomness that is my application. But then again, that might convince you guys that I'm somewhere close to normal. And who doesn't want a massive wall of text, eh?

Edit: Insanely massive wall of text

Well, in the manner of a preface and disclaimer, it has been a long while since I've written a guild application. *Scratches head, ponders* In the real world, I'm a very boring 23 year old Boots the Chemist employee, who takes her spare time reading up on medical journals, and playing far too much WoW for her own good. I live in sunny (Yeah, right. It's been bucketing down this whole week!) old Southend, which is scarily close to where Dipity lives.
I suppose you'd like to know why I want to join, eh? Well, for quite a while, I can't honestly say how long because anything before last week is gone and forgotten, but ages now, I've been sneaking peeks at those famous crates in Stormwind, and keeping an eye on the guild. Mostly, because many, many levels ago, Xyros, Kaelan and Jae were in Tanaris, roleplaying, mucking about and we happened to espy a Dipity. A short RP session later, mostly consisting of teasing Xyros at his luck of pulling an orc, and we were chatting about Dipity and the idea of R&P throughout the rest of our instance time. I know I've hung around with Dipity a few times before and after that occasion, but that one time sticks in my mind, as a real sort of description of Dipity, and, I would hope, R&P. Sufficed to say, I've been in awe of this guild for a long time, because it's everything a guild ought to be- fun, friendly, active and all that sorta stuff. (It's what my previous guild should have been. Poor old Hunt.)
Egads, I've rambled. Sorry. Anyways, on to the still-OOC but more important stuff.

I don't give a fig about raiding, yeah, I'd like to have the opportunity to raid more, and hell, even instance, but I'm just as happy fishing, drinking and chatting idly about whatever pops into the vast space between my ears. I'm healing specced, and I fully believe that Druid healing is superior to, at the very least, Paladin healing. (Another class I've now gotten to 70, a long, ardous trek I shall never be repeating). Can't vouch for Priest healing, but I personally love being a healing class, and love to be the main healer. I don't really "get" raid healing, possibly because I don't raid. *Shrugs* In any case, Jae = healer, and pretty good at it to boot.

I'm attuned to most of the Azeroth instances, and none of the Outland ones, because I don't really like the Outland all that much. Some zones are pretty (Nagrand springs to mind), but the Park in Stormwind, and the Crafters Terrace in Darnassus are far more happy places to be. I do occasionally venture into PvP, but not often since the cross-realm battlegrounds were introduced. (And that's going back a bit now!) I have some experience in the arenas, but my arena partner left for the Horde and doesn't intend on coming back any time soon. Uhm, right, rambling again. Sorry. Really not used to applying for things now.
I enjoy RPing, as you would hope, given Moonglade is an RP server, but I'm really shy and quite reticent to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Jae is far more brash and confident as a character than I am as a player, but even she can be quiet and enawed by people, which is why she can sometimes be very quiet. Both character and player have an... odd sense of humour, and can sometimes be misunderstood.

... Yeah, onto the psuedo-IC stuff.

Name: Jaelani Morrowsong
Age: None of yer damn business (Adolescent by Nelf standards)
Birthplace: Ashenvale Forest (See? Not Teldrassil! >.<)
Level: 70
Specc: Resto
Gear: Appalling, but what the hey. I'm not here to raid.

"Dear Rhyme and Punishment". Jaelani sighed, and rolled her eyes, before crossing the line she had just written out with thick purple strokes of ink. "No, too boring and commonplace. How about 'Dear Serendipity'? Nah, she'd think I was stalking her or something." With another sigh, she sat back, nearly falling right off the bench she was perched on, for a moment forgetting she was on the customary Kaldorei seating. "Yipe! Damnable benches. Anyway, where was I? Hmm, oh yes, of course."
With another laborious effort, she wrote 'To the officers of the Rhyme and Punishment'. Surveying the words, she wrinkled her nose and put down her quill. "Sounds far too formal to be coming from me. It sounds like something my mother would write. Oooh, I wonder if Kiendra has ever written one of these, maybe she could do it for me." With an idea forming in her head, she grinned a more than slightly roguish grin and stood, glancing left and right before closing her eyes. As her mind cleared (not a difficult task), she let go of her Kaldorei shape, and called upon the power of Elune to change her shape. When she opened her eyes, she was much closer to the ground, and her shape was the fluid, graceful form of the panther.
Letting out what could only be described as a chuckle, she made a short run, and then took a graceful leap from the open side of the place that she called home. She hit the ground running, all four paws spreading the weight and enabling her to get a good grip on the damp grass beneath her. It always seemed to be raining in Darnassus whenever she was there, perhaps it was the Mothers way of letting her know She was disappointed in her. Nevertheless, she shook that gloomy thought from her head and carried on in her graceful loping stride toward the city limits, carrying on past the Ancients that guarded those hallowed steps. Dolanaar came and went in a flash, and she continued onward, paws thumping rhythmically on the ground that was part of the Great Tree, until she came to a rest at the archway that heralded her arrival at Shadowglen. Glancing around, she slipped into the shadows, undertaking that perculiar ability of her kind to hide in plain sight, and began her sneak forward.
To the base of the tree she got to, before having to freeze suddenly, as a small crowd of young recruits raced up the outside path, talking some nonsense about apples falling from trees. Mentally, she winced. She knew they were about to join the hordes of younglings who ritually threw themselves off the tree, to see if their wisp spirits would allow them to return to a living state. She suppressed a wry chuckle, having done that herself when she was a few years younger.
The coast was clear, and she moved on up the path, slowly and steadily approaching the small enclaves where some notable people sat, either awaiting their new recruits, or ready to give them tasks if they dare approach. However, one Kaldorei was not there for either task. She sat, cross-legged on the floor, armed with book and quill, absorbed in her writing.
Teal tresses were worn in the same single braid that Jaelani wore, and the ritual marks on her cheeks resembled lightning bolts, one of the strongest memories that Jaelani had of her mothers looks. But this was not her mother, a strong woman who died fighting in the onslaught a few short years ago. No, this was her relatively newfound sister, Kiendra. A scholar and a Moonkin, guardian of Elune, seeker of knowledge. And about to be pounced.
With a whoop of delight, Jaelani willed the change from panther to Kaldorei, a change seeming effortless as she landed with a slightly less graceful thump onto the lap of her sister. While Kiendra squawked and said various impolite things (much to the scandal of the aged Kaldorei who also occupied this knothole), Jaelani beamed up at her sister and said but one word. "Meow."
"Jae, just in case you, in years to come wonder what I might have thought- yes, you are in fact the realms biggest pestilence." Kiendra sighed in exasperation, moving the quill and the papers away from her sister. Given they were close to each others age, Kiendra just mere decades older, it sometimes felt like Jaelani was just a child, and Kiendra the stern parent. "Did you need something?" Kiendra raised a feathery brow, for all Jae's childish demeanour, she didn't usually turn up unannounced.
"Yes. And no. And a little more yes." Jae at least had the grace to blush, looking down with a shifty glance as she shuffled off the rather bony lap of her sister. "You need to eat more, by the way. You're not a soft landing."
Kiendra frowned, tiny lines appearing between those long teal brows. "At least my backside doesn't eclipse the Mother in her full glory."
"Kie! That's mean!" Jae pretended to be hurt, but then giggled helplessly. "Anyway, I need your help. Nothing major, it's just... Well. With Meg never around anymore, and nobody but us in the Dochais, I'm thinking of moving to another guild. Before you ask, it's Rhyme and Punishment."
Kiendra said nothing, her expression saying enough.
"I need your help with my letter. I don't want it to come off like all the same stuff that I used to read in the Hunt. I want to be interesting, interesting enough to stand out."
"And you doubt your own ability to be interesting?"
"Not at all, but I'm more of a spontaeneous sort. I don't do so well with pre-planned events and writings. I'm more of an improviser. Look, can you help me at all?" Jaelani's voice took on a wheedling tone, and she batted her lashes, eyes all a-glow with hope.
"Of course, silly. I'll write you a fabulous introduction. They'll see the real you..." The disquieting smirk on Kiendra's face left Jaelani a little bit suspicious however, and she stared long and hard at her sister.
"Remember, sister dear, I know where you sleep." And with that final comment, she blew her sister a kiss goodbye, and ran out of the knothole, onto the path carved into the tree. She willed herself into the form of the storm crow, and was just about ready to throw herself off the tree as the gentle touch of the Mother stopped her. Abashed, she instead slowed her pace and walked down the path, a half-smile crossing her lips, for no reason anyone could define.

---

Okay, I really went on a bit there, sorry. I like to write stuff. Kie's letter follows.

---

Dear Rhyme and Punishment,

Greetings, and blessings to you all. My name is Kiendra Morrowsong, and I am writing this letter on behalf of my sister, Jaelani. Simply put, she's too shy to approach you herself, so I have to write this for her. Although this might suggest that she is weak willed, or perhaps too quiet for your guild, I can assure you- when she opens up, she is quite the life and soul of a shin dig.

Please, for the sake of us all on Teldrassil, take her! I want to have my quiet time of reading and solitude returned, without the threat of being tickled, poked or otherwise harrassed by my juvenile sibling. I love her dearly, but I feel she would benefit more from a guild that creates a warm, friendly and less than sane environment. This is not a slur upon your fine establishment, I merely am trying to give a small peek into the tumbled mess that is the mentality of my sister.

If naught else, I beg of you to meet with her. Preferably tipsy. I hear Allerian Stronghold has some lovely wine, Jae tries to convince me there's pink elekks there, too, but who ever heard of such nonsense? Nevertheless, I beseech you to speak with her. As negative as I may have painted her here, she is a good child, and speaks highly of some of your members. She also speaks in hushed tones about dresses, and matching hats. Since Jaelani usually prefers clothing that is comfortable, I cannot assume she speaks of herself. Perhaps one of your number has a wardrobe?

I hope this letter does not turn you away from my sister, she's an odd youngling, but certainly worth looking in to.

May the Mother bless you and keep you.

~ Kiendra Dawn Morrowsong
Jaelani
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 10 Jul 2008, 17:11

massive wall of text

You got that right!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Jaelani » 10 Jul 2008, 17:29

>.> I got excited and I'm sorry
Jaelani
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 10 Jul 2008, 17:35

The Hunt's gone? Blah. I despair as the old school guilds crumble.... And don't worry about Shev, we've lost the keys to his cage... :Q

Approved, of course.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 10 Jul 2008, 18:03

*snarls*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Pepple » 10 Jul 2008, 21:25

Poke me or another officer for a meeting of the meetingly kind!
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 10 Jul 2008, 22:57

Text.. Wall.. A wall of text!

Well, approved by me.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Pepple » 12 Jul 2008, 22:58

Ker-shit
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Return to Applications.