Application Form: Yorkthir

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Yorkthir » 19 Aug 2018, 19:01

Application Form: Yorkthir

::: In-Character Application Letter :::

Application Letter:

Do not remove

*Written on a tattered parchment, riddled with marks, stains and rips, the handwriting alone represents this in itself, rough and without elegance*

To whom it may concern,
I will keep this brief, for I am sailing back to Stormwind and the swaying ship is beginning to affect me.

I am Yörkthir Snowborn, also known as The Bear, from Ironforge, not born a noble or with a fancy title, I am simply a blacksmith as well as a warrior with the aim to see the world and it's people, I have seen war throughout my life, whether the Horde, the Demons or merely bandits and raiders, I am battleworn and aging yet I still seek the thrill that is fighting among kin and allies, to offer my craft, my steel and my stories.

I have seen the faces of the Easterm Kingdoms, fought in the barren frozen wastes of Northrend and my fair share in the western Kalimdor. I have been fighting near my entire life, it's all I truly know. After the wars that have come in the years of my life, I am without many friends or family left, even in these dark days we can still look forward to meeting likeminded people, to whom we can someday call friends.

I look forward to any meet or gathering to which I can introduce and prove myself
- Y

*The letter, although informal in draft and presentation is signed and stamped in a dark, crimson wax printed in the shape of a bear footprint*

::: Character Details :::

Name: Yörkthir

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

Level: 110 (Though boosted)

Is this your main or alt?: Main

Current main and secondary specialization: Arms and Fury

Current primary and secondary professions: Blacksmithing, without a second one chosen yet

Realm of Origin: Moonglade

Amount of time you have been on this realm: Days

Did you start the character on this realm, or is it a transfer? If transfer, from where?: Purely created for this Realm, a fresh-faced new character

Current guild you are part of, and previous guilds you have been in (if any): None whatsoever, RP Guilds that is

Background of previous guilds:

Do not remove

I have been in and out of Guilds since vanilla, though with life having got in the way or breaks from WoW I have left and such, all of which being PvE/PvP. Though this is my first attempt at a RP Guild.

Since when have you been playing WoW?: Vanilla

Do you know, or have been referred by, a current member of RnP?: Nope

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real age bracket: 16-20

Your country of residence: England

Your level of English: Good

What kind of a player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular

::: RP Details :::

Races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with?: A hatred for the Horde, for the Burning Crusade and for the Undead especially. He distrusts Warlocks and Death Knights but can learn to appreciate them later on.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Moderate

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Do not remove

Stormheim, that or Northrend. I adore northern climates and the feel for them, Nordic in theme with beautiful towering mountains and rich pine woodland, my favourite places to relax and wander.

Your fondest RP memory:

Do not remove

That is a hard one, a very hard one!
on ESO I roleplayed heavily, and my favourite RP moment probably came during an RP Event, it was a raid on some Orcish fortress and my character was asked ICly to step forward and rid of the guards that came out. Being a fierce muscular warrior he merely roared at them, and with a DnD style roll they fled. Other than that, I love social gatherings!

Why did you choose Rhyme and Punishment?:

Do not remove

I have only just invested my time in to WoW again, after a long break from before Legion was released, I never had RPd on WoW and I thought I'd give it a go, this was the first Guild I saw and looked in to, and I'm rather liking it so far!

Why do you think that we should invite you as a guild member?:

Do not remove

I have been Roleplaying for years, across multiple games with various lores to revise. Although I need to work on my WoW Lore a little, I am a keen reader and roleplayer! I am social, active (When not working that is) and I'd like to think friendly and bubbly!

Are you willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes

Are you willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you wish to ask the guild?:

Do not remove

As for Guild Meetings and RP Events, I can and will do if I am free, depending on time I have available whether due to Timezones, work etc, other than that, thank you for reading!

Yorkthir

Topic/Postby Shevron » 19 Aug 2018, 19:02

Forum hates non-standard characters, so I changed your funny "o" to a normal "o".

You will need to relog with the proper username.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Yorkthir » 19 Aug 2018, 19:58

Not the first time that lil' letter has done that, I should have known! But thank you for that :) Will I need to change it ingame at all?
Yorkthir

Topic/Postby Shevron » 19 Aug 2018, 20:24

You'll have to ask Blizzard that question :P

(No, of course not)
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Yorkthir » 19 Aug 2018, 20:46

Heheh, what a story that would be! Thank you again!
Yorkthir

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Aug 2018, 07:59

Eyyy, I'll have a read through tonight!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Yorkthir » 21 Aug 2018, 13:48

Hope you enjoy! I also have started writing up on the character profile (I love doing it and I couldn't resist..) if it'll help with anything!
Yorkthir

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Aug 2018, 21:10

Ha... I feel your pain when it comes to swaying ships.

I think you'd fit right in. Are you free tomorrow evening for a bit of a chat?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Yorkthir » 21 Aug 2018, 21:15

Of course! I'd be delighted! Whatever time suits you, I am free all day tomorrow.
Yorkthir

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Aug 2018, 21:20

Okee, I don't get home until about 8pm server time, so maybe 9pm?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Next

Return to Applications.