Application Form: Corevan

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Corevan » 29 Sep 2018, 08:10

Application Form: Corevan

::: In-Character Application Letter :::

Application Letter:

Do not remove

Officers of Rhyme and Punishment,
I have lost my home twice in one lifetime, I will not lose a third. My pride has seen me stand alone for too long, but if the battle of Lordaeron has shown me anything, it is that only united can we stand against the threats that beset us.
I had but recently taken over the family estate in Gilneas when the cataclysm hit and our world changed forever. The worgen may have driven us out of the city, but it was the Forsaken and their Horde allies that took our home. For so long the Alliance has been blind to their true nature, talking about deals and peace. Now they see the truth of it, that they cannot be bargained with, that they must be stopped. The Banshee queen has not changed the Horde, she has revealed what it has always been.
I will stop there, after recent events I am sure I do not need to impress upon you the dire nature of our situation.
While I am forever grateful for the night elves offering me a home, my wanderlust has seen me travel much of Azeroth, perfecting my skills with blade and shot. Some may label me a rogue, but in truth I follow the traditions of combat passed through my family for generations. There is much beauty in this world of ours, and I would see it preserved.
You are surely wondering, and the answer is yes, I am afflicted by the worgen's bite. I had once though my condition a curse. Now I see it gives me the strength necessary to fight for my people. My temper was short before my affliction which has made it shorter still. But despite the wolf inside at 51 years of age I am still a proud Gilnean.
Together may we stand against the coming storm.
Yours Faithfully
Corevan Ashwind

::: Character Details :::

Name: Corevan

Race: Worgen

Class: Rogue

Level: 110

Is this your main or alt?: Alt

Current main and secondary specialization: Main: Outlaw Secondary: Assassination

Current primary and secondary professions: Herbalism

Realm of Origin: The Sha'tar

Amount of time you have been on this realm: Years

Did you start the character on this realm, or is it a transfer? If transfer, from where?: Started here

Current guild you are part of, and previous guilds you have been in (if any): None

Background of previous guilds:

Do not remove

Since when have you been playing WoW?: Warlords of Draenor

Do you know, or have been referred by, a current member of RnP?: No

::: Player OOC Details :::

Real age bracket: 21-25

Your country of residence: China

Your level of English: Good

What kind of a player are you in terms of time spent online?: Regular

::: RP Details :::

Races / classes / factions your character hates or is "at war" with?: The Horde, especially the forsaken.

How knowledgeable of the Warcraft lore are you?: Moderate

Your favourite WoW area, and why?:

Do not remove

The Arathi Highlands. Riding through those gentle green hills with the overcast sky above and the ruins silhouetted on the horizon, it is almost peaceful.

Your fondest RP memory:

Do not remove

The three of us had just arrived in to Stormwind through the portal network. Complete strangers. But each of us cursed, a worgen, a death knight and a demon hunter. We talked for close to an hour about what it was like living with out affliction. Then we parted and went our separate ways.

Why did you choose Rhyme and Punishment?:

Do not remove

It seemed serious about RP without being elitist about it.

Why do you think that we should invite you as a guild member?:

Do not remove

I studied writing at university so I should be fairly decent at RP and I love the warcraft lore. More than happy to throw myself into the community and get as involved as possible.

Are you willing to attend guild meetings?: Yes

Are you willing to attend guild RP events?: Yes

Any thoughts or questions you wish to ask the guild?:

Do not remove

Corevan

Topic/Postby Shevron » 30 Sep 2018, 15:27

Whoa! Now you're far away from home here!

What brings you to a EU server all the way from China?
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Corevan » 30 Sep 2018, 16:00

I'm from the UK but I'm spending a year in China.
Corevan

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 30 Sep 2018, 21:18

Oooooh, nice! I know a fair few folks in Guangzhou and Hong Kong!

What sorta' time would you be available for an in game chat? I guess it's gonna' be a bit tricky with an 8 hour time difference, but we'll puzzle something out.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Corevan » 01 Oct 2018, 03:35

It's a holiday this week so I've got a larger window. I can talk later today depending on when you're around.
Corevan

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 01 Oct 2018, 09:18

Golden Week, right?

I'm not going to be around until the evenings UK time due to work, maybe 7:30pm BST at the earliest.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Corevan » 01 Oct 2018, 11:42

That's the one.

How long will you be online for after that?
Corevan

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 01 Oct 2018, 22:59

Ha ha, well, I didn't make it home until 21:30. Work work work...

I can be online for several hours once I'm home.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Corevan » 07 Oct 2018, 11:12

I'm around for a couple of hours now if you've got time.
Corevan

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 07 Oct 2018, 22:35

Bloody typical, I didn't get a chance to come online.... Too busy. I should be available on Tuesday evening with a bit of luck.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Applications.