A Messy Letter

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 21 Jul 2008, 11:50

A Messy Letter

The Pig ’n Whistle, around Dinner Time.

“An’ tha’s how I, single handedly, deafeted the monstrous hydra tha’s Gahz’rila of Zul’Farrak!” The female human concluded as she struck the last faint notes on her dented lute. The regulars of the tavern bursted out in laughter, knowing all too well her tales were exaggerated. She frowned “Ye don’t believe me aye!? Well! I still have his scales embedded in me armour!” She slammed her fist into the table, but the roaring laughter surrounding her only increased at that. Her muttering was interrupted again by the innkeeper.
“Hey Redhead!” He called for her attention. “You still have a beer tab to pay!”
She groaned and peered into the upside-down turned hat on the table before her. The drunkards were amused, but also stingy. She plucked one measly copper coin out and donned her hat before walking up to the bar. Her courage sank down to her boots as she pressed the coin forward over the counter.
“What’s this? You call that a pay!?” The Innkeep shouted. “No more drinks for you, missy! Not until you’ve payed your debt.” He turned to tap the keg as he kept muttering.
Myreth hid her face underneath her brown hat in shame and shuffled passed the drunks, out to the streets of Stormwind.

She’d found herself a nice calm spot on the steps of a seemingly abandoned house. A quill in one hand and a piece of paper pressed down onto the shield resting on her legs. She pondered long and hard before dipping the quill in ink and starting to write...

“Dear Rhymers,

Myreth Stilwell is the name, and travelling is my game. Having seen a fairly large chunk of Azeroth in my days as a stowaway on a ship to Kalimdor, and in my youth where both my parents travelled the Eastern Kingdoms repairing carts of travelling merchants... I can’t help but realize how lonely it gets when there’s nothing to accompany me but my sword, lute and loyal Frog.
-Well actually I borrowed the lute, but the bard wouldn’t accept my pay so I hit him in the head with it and ran. I imagine he wouldn’t want to see me again, so I respect that, and avoid him.-
Anyway, as I was saying, I spent my time growing up and taking care of the horses. When our ol’ Prancer fell ill, my family stayed in Northshire, where they tried to bore me to death with teachings of the Brothers at the abbey. -Well they learnt me how to write, so there’s a good thing then. I oughta thank them, but I won’t go back there.-
Seeing as I had no girly skills whatsoever, I got to clean the stables and move chopped wood around. Then there was this vermin infestation I won’t go into, allowing me to pick up the blade and... Well there I am.
A redheaded lass from all around the place, that calls herself an adventurer and a lousy (or lazy?) bard.

There’s still plenty of places I have yet to see in this world and others, but I won’t do it with just a frog to talk to! (No offense, Frogster, y’know I love ya.) I’ve met a few of your crew and I still need to thank Pepple for saving me from that giant lizard in Zul’Farrak (so hereby...). I’d be honoured if you’d consider me one of your own.

That was it then. See you around in the Pig, where you can buy me all a drink!

Regards from a wishful thinking Myreth Stilwell."
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Jul 2008, 12:33

A relation to Durnik...? Had to ask.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Nysard » 21 Jul 2008, 12:51

A red headed female not paying her bar tab, what ever next!
Nysard

Topic/Postby Pepple » 21 Jul 2008, 14:32

Sounds familiar! *Coughs at Dip*
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 21 Jul 2008, 16:52

Serendipity wrote:A relation to Durnik...? Had to ask.

Dur-who? *Scratches head in confusion* Although I guess that answers your question. :Q
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Jul 2008, 16:58

you already used :Q in your second post.

You're fired!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Xantippe » 21 Jul 2008, 17:25

But, but, but... *searches through her bag of excuses* Pepple made me do it!
*Hides*
Xantippe
Clumsy Gnomette

Topic/Postby Shaejana » 22 Jul 2008, 10:10

Have to say, I liked!

Fun app!
Shaejana
Rhymer

Return to Applications.